Thread: Pokémon!

IN CELEBRATION OF THIS EVENT I CHANGETH THY AVATAR @_@ behold

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 08:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Another movie including Mewtwo? That might actually be interesting. Might just be my nostalgia speaking, but Mewtwo is actually an interesting Pokémon.
    Not that I'm not interested in the new games though, I'm still a fan of them!

Also the new Eveelution is cute. :3
    theres been very few "deep" episodes of pokemon where anything actually means anything and isnt just "oh meh gad is a legendary les fights the bad guise"

almost all those episodes past the 2nd season have involved mewtwo or lucario O_O

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 08:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Definitely looks normal.
    the main rumors right now is that its either flying, normal, or dragon type
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Yeah, that's a normal for sure, and it doesn't look... Eevee-like. Too many ribbons and party accessories, that doesn't look like something a creature would naturally grow on itself, then again, this is Pokémon- I don't know, I was expecting a normal type evolution to be like a bigger and more badass Eevee, at least follow the same color scheme jeez.

Another Mewtwo movie? I don't care for the anime, but honestly they should really just lay that story to rest, the first movie was good as a child, and it's barely okay as an adult. The second Mewtwo movie had myself turning it off, and now a third one? I guess it's cool that he gets a trilogy and all, but it's totally unnecessary if you ask me, his movie wasn't even the best one (the Lugia movie gets that one from me). Although if it is pulled off the right way Mewtwo is an interesting Pokémon, but it just seems like a move to sell on nostalgia.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-02-12 at 01:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

the main rumors right now is that its either flying, normal, or dragon type
    I kinda was expecting dragon, because right now there are Eeveelutions for all "Special" Types except dragon.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I don't know, I was expecting a normal type evolution to be like a bigger and more badass Eevee, at least follow the same color scheme jeez.
    Yeah this is another reason why I think this might not be Normal type.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Yeah, that's a normal for sure, and it doesn't look... Eevee-like. Too many ribbons and party accessories, that doesn't look like something a creature would naturally grow on itself, then again, this is Pokémon- I don't know, I was expecting a normal type evolution to be like a bigger and more badass Eevee, at least follow the same color scheme jeez.

Another Mewtwo movie? I don't care for the anime, but honestly they should really just lay that story to rest, the first movie was good as a child, and it's barely okay as an adult. The second Mewtwo movie had myself turning it off, and now a third one? I guess it's cool that he gets a trilogy and all, but it's totally unnecessary if you ask me, his movie wasn't even the best one (the Lugia movie gets that one from me). Although if it is pulled off the right way Mewtwo is an interesting Pokémon, but it just seems like a move to sell on nostalgia.
    its actually the fourth mewtwo movie. although the mastermind of mirage pokemon didnt feature the "real" mewtwo
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I can't see how it'd be Dragon, I don't see any dragon like features at all.

the same can be said for pokemon like altaria

Deleted
    Apparently Dragons don't need Dragon like features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speculation is the new Eeveelution might also be flying.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had always wished Mewtwo would someday be the big bad presence in one of the main series games/console RPG spin offs instead of those damn pesky humans all the time. Best he really got was Pokemon Puzzle League (and I guess the Stadium games sort of).

Also the new Eeveelution reminds me of a transgender creature type thing.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-02-12 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Speculation is the new Eeveelution might also be flying.
    I'd guess it'd have wings then.

I'm still guessing Dragon or Normal, most likely Normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something can be figured out from the name Ninfia. Think about Leafeon (japanese: Leafia), or Glaceon (japanese: Glacia). They are obviously Grass and Ice types respectively, and their names also reveal their types. So...

Ninfa means nymph in Spanish. There are five different kinds of nymphs in Greece mythology: Celestial Nymphs, Water Nymphs, Land Nymphs, Plant Nymphs and Underworld Nymphs.

Water has already been used by Vaporeon. Plant points out to Grass, which has already been used by Leafeon. That leaves us with Land (Ground), Underworld (Ghost, as Dark has already been used by Umbreon) and my special favourite, Celestial, which would be Flying.

However, I have a hard time seeing Ninfia as a Ground Pokémon. It could be Ghost, too. I mean, it's pink alright, but so are the female Frillish's and Jellicents. Flying seems plausible, too.

TL;DR: It's going to be either Ghost or Flying.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they say the 6th generation was adding a new Pokemon type?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Didn't they say the 6th generation was adding a new Pokemon type?
    They didn't say anything about that. A lot of people speculate about it though.

Wtf Mewtwo has to be the star of a movie. He can't costar with Genesect. That's some bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Those completely slipped my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    TL;DR: It's going to be either Ghost or Flying.
    That's fairly interesting, I'm extremely curious on what type it could be now.

They didn't say anything about that. A lot of people speculate about it though.
    It'd certainly be a lot cooler than making a normal eevee instead of other types.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BFHhYLi.png[IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jKdxFNq.png[IMG]
    Well Vibrava is an antlion and they look like dragonflies and are called sand dragons.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2013-02-12 at 07:35 PM.

The problem with it being a normal type is that eevee is already normal type, so why would it physically change so drastically without changing types? They've never done such a massive change with normal types before (that I can recall), so why would they do it now? It does look like a normal type, it just doesn't fit the typical normal-type pokemon evolutionary pattern. Personally, I think it could be ghost or poison (considering the large, obvious fangs). Regardless, it's just nice to see a new eeveelution, even if it is cotton candy colored and has ribbons and bows.

THe amount of shinies I've gotten rid of is ridiculous. When I was young I used to think it was a glitched game and that I had to reset... So yeah, atleast 20+ shinies have been lost through the times... Sigh.

My thoughts about the new Evee is, since this new game is based on X and Y, or chromosomes X(female XX) and Y (male XY), it might be a normal female evee evolution? Ofc thats just my theory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judgemento View Post
    My thoughts about the new Evee is, since this new game is based on X and Y, or chromosomes X(female XX) and Y (male XY), it might be a normal female evee evolution? Ofc thats just my theory.
    If it really would be a female eeveelution that would makeit kind of a pain to get.