Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    contests! I miss those :x
    I agree with this sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I really hope they drop the stupid features like Musicals and Pokestar Studios. Theyre cute the first time, but especially in the case of studios - having to go through them as part of the story progression is purely frustrating. I really rather they'd bring back the pokemon following you and pokeball seals.
    I agree with this so much, I was so dissapointed that they took out Pokémon following you in B/W. I don't find the Musicals or the Studio entertaining either, in fact I hated the Studio because it was forced upon you, if anything just bring back the contests and keep it at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were an Elite Four member:

Because fuck logic/game play mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Missingno used Sky Attack!
    *you use Disable*
    Missingno's Sky Attack was disabled!
    *next turn*
    Missingno used Sky Attack!
    /rage
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted

Hell, if I were elite four, I'd be a combo breaker and instead of a typed team have a themed team...
    Ok, Dark and Fire typing. >:3

(Except all the pre-evolved pokemon would have base stats equal to their evolved form that's on the team.)

I got a question for you guys. If you could come up with an ability for any pokemon, what would it be? (Oh, and just to make it more interesting, it can't be ridiculously overpowered and has to sound like it could be an actual ability.)

Mine would be called "Dirty Tricks" and it'd be for Zoroark/Zorua/Ninetales/Vulpix/Umbreon. Basically if an enemy uses a stat reducer, it increases that stat instead of reducing it. The downside would be anything that increases stats would reduce them for you. (So if your enemy used swagger on you, it'd reduce your attack instead of increasing it.)
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-03-24 at 05:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I got a question for you guys. If you could come up with an ability for any pokemon, what would it be? (Oh, and just to make it more interesting, it can't be ridiculously overpowered and has to sound like it could be an actual ability.)
    Probably Psybarrier.

Any attack that is usually calculated against this Pokemon's Defense is calculated against this Pokemon's Special Defense instead.

For Mewtwo and Mew.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

15+ Year Old Account
    Thinking up a (relatively) balanced ability is hard. I really want something to buff the throwaway bug pokemon like Butterfree, Beedrill, Kricketune, etc. But instead - something to buff my favourite (Absol's) subpar defenses!

Providence

It cannot be knocked out with one hit. [AKA Sturdy for Pokemon that can see the future.]

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really played a Pokemon game in a while and maybe there is a move like this already in one of the generations or as one of the special trait abilities or as a held item, but I would make a move where you "Sacrifice" all of your Pokemon's HP and it goes to 0, but that Pokemon becomes invincible to all damage for a few turns (like 1-3 or the count is random like Magnitude). After that random set of time the Pokemon dies instantly. Also when its at 0 no HP items/abilities can be used and you cant swap the Pokemon out.

Probably overpowered/underpowered depending on the circumstances and would just be some kind of last ditch effort move or a tactic if used with reserve characters and like I said maybe there's something like this already in the games that I don't remember, I just think it would be a pretty cool idea.

Also maybe some ability where you can transfer HP from one of your reserve Pokemon to the one currently out in combat(Blood Transfusion/Transfusion), or a special ability trait that has them constantly leeching a small amount of HP from all your reserve Pokemon every turn(Parasitic).

Likewise maybe a mon-trait that has them constantly dealing a small amount of damage every turn passively to them self and the opponents Pokemon (Volatile/Unstable).

Also even though the three Porygon's have Conversion I think a cool unique ability to them (and in the .1% chance they make MissingNo an official mon for shits and giggles) would be "Dimension Shift" -The Pokemon reverts to a 2-dimensional form and severely lowers its normal damage dealt/received, but also drastically increases the special attack damage dealt/received. Using Dimension Shift again returns it to a 3D form and reverses the effects and maybe can only be used every few turns.

Also for shits and giggles since it references this in I think Ruby/Sapphires Pokedex entry for Porygon: "Copy-Protection" -This Pokemon is copy-protected and an opponent can not use transform or the move Copycat and Mimic on it.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-03-24 at 12:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Also for shits and giggles since it references this in I think Ruby/Sapphires Pokedex entry for Porygon: "Copy-Protection" -This Pokemon is copy-protected and an opponent can not use transform or the move Copycat on it.
    Don't forget Mimic too.

My ability is called Disaster Area.

It extends the duration of Hail and Sandstorm and causes them to do 4x damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post

It extends the duration of Hail and Sandstorm and causes them to do 4x damage.
    If you introduce an ability like that you might as well have an ability with the effect "You win"

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I did go overboard just a bit.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Why nightmares? Sure he's not what I would call aesthetically pleasing but I wouldn't call him nightmare inducing.

Speaking of nightmares, I found this fancy artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Why nightmares? Sure he's not what I would call aesthetically pleasing but I wouldn't call him nightmare inducing.

Speaking of nightmares, I found this fancy artwork.

Darkrai has some of the best fanart, imo (It being my favorite Pokemon in no way effects my opinion :P)

http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/02...per-774379.jpg
    http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ay-d5evjaw.jpg
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/a9c2a3391...16to1_1280.jpg
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs13/f/20...s_whispers.png
    http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...di-d301qzf.jpg
    http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ed-d3684qe.jpg
    http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ai-d5dnzcr.jpg
    http://www.2d-x.com/wp-content/uploa...ai-211x300.jpg

None of it is nightmare inducing by any means, it still looks awesome though (and I really like the last one, reminds me of Berserker from Fate-Zero).

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post

i thought of this a loooooooong time ago.

Nemisis: when your opponent uses stat increasing moves you gain the same effect.

how this works. if lets say your blaziken uses swords dance i also get the same buff.
    if your ninjask uses speed boost..yes its an ability..it still counts. you also gain the stat.
    if your opponent uses curse or moody you gain all of the useful effects but none of the takeaway.

any pokemon who has this would probibly be banned from competitve game play because this would be hard to counter lol.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    i thought of this a loooooooong time ago.

Nemisis: when your opponent uses stat increasing moves you gain the same effect.

how this works. if lets say your blaziken uses swords dance i also get the same buff.
    if your ninjask uses speed boost..yes its an ability..it still counts. you also gain the stat.
    if your opponent uses curse or moody you gain all of the useful effects but none of the takeaway.

any pokemon who has this would probibly be banned from competitve game play because this would be hard to counter lol.
    Should also go for stat decreases. If the opponent uses Close Combat your defense goes down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Should also go for stat decreases. If the opponent uses Close Combat your defense goes down as well.
    but then it wouldnt be a nemesis...your nemesis needs to be a something you hate. he needs an advantage over you.

also got another 1.

carry on. what ever stat changes your previous pokemon had go directly to the next pokemon swapped in. it kinda removes the need for baton pass except now burns and stuff now carry over too. i really could see a person with guts or shedskiner taking advantage of this.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post

carry on. what ever stat changes your previous pokemon had go directly to the next pokemon swapped in. it kinda removes the need for baton pass except now burns and stuff now carry over too. i really could see a person with guts or shedskiner taking advantage of this.
    That would be too op. It would probably get banned like moody.