Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    little over 12yrs now. Still, it was one of the few methods of animation still around as it is a dying breed but... blame the 3DS.

I'm not a big fan of classics getting an HD remake as the remakes remove the sprites. And this is one game that I am not too happy about making its move to 3D.

...the battles look like pokemon stadium and I cant stand having 2 pokemon standing idly in a 3D environment and not engaging in a physical fight. If fire emblem can be done right, why can't gamefreak do it too?!
    Sooner or later Pokemon will probably move to that format with their 3D games, but since this is the first actual 3D Pokemon game I will enjoy it. I have always thought that Pokemon could be a good place for an MMO at some point. Many things would have to be considered for it, but I believe it could be pretty awesome.

They could do many things with the new technologies since the last Stadium game. A new Snap could easily be done with the Wii U and some sort of Pokemon fighting game where you control your Pokemon instead of the RNG (probably for any sort of MMO), although something as you described would be equally as good.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    little over 12yrs now. Still, it was one of the few methods of animation still around as it is a dying breed but... blame the 3DS.

I'm not a big fan of classics getting an HD remake as the remakes remove the sprites. And this is one game that I am not too happy about making its move to 3D.

...the battles look like pokemon stadium and I cant stand having 2 pokemon standing idly in a 3D environment and not engaging in a physical fight. If fire emblem can be done right, why can't gamefreak do it too?!
    not like.... pokemon stadium.... WHAT MAD TRICKERY IS THIS! WHY HASTH THOU STRICKEN ME WITH THESE BLASPHEMES @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its weird when you realize there wont be sprites anymore
    No Battle sprites. But we will still have Menu-sprites.

I hope we'll be able to catch some (or well, a lot) of the older Pokémon as well in X and Y. B/W really fucked that up for some reason, it almost felt like a different franchise at certain points.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    I hope we'll be able to catch some (or well, a lot) of the older Pokémon as well in X and Y. B/W really fucked that up for some reason, it almost felt like a different franchise at certain points.
    They actually did it deliberately in B/W because Unova is much farther away from the other regions. I actually didn't ind it. Saying it felt like a new franchise is just wrong imo. But well, I always use only the newest gen Pokemon when I play through it.

But looking how they split the regional Pokedex into 3, I guess there will be a lot of pokemon to catach before you get the National Dex.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    They actually did it deliberately in B/W because Unova is much farther away from the other regions. I actually didn't ind it. Saying it felt like a new franchise is just wrong imo. But well, I always use only the newest gen Pokemon when I play through it.

But looking how they split the regional Pokedex into 3, I guess there will be a lot of pokemon to catach before you get the National Dex.
    But why did they have more Pokémon from the previous gens in B2/W2 in that case? I liked the variety that presented.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    But why did they have more Pokémon from the previous gens in B2/W2 in that case? I liked the variety that presented.
    Because it would have sucked to Have the exact same Regional Pokedex in two games in a row. That's pretty much the only reason they did it. And whle I prefer it to B/W. In my first Black 2 playthrough I still only used Gen V Pokemon prior to beating the league.

No Battle sprites. But we will still have Menu-sprites.
    i hate those menu sprites, they never update them the sprites from gen 3 ARE THE SAME SPRITES IN GEN 5 ugh is it really that hard to redo a little sprite? its weird seeing gen5 pokemon with more detailed sprites and the older ones look like slightly more detailed stick figures
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

still waiting for a major pokemon online mmo game!

Deleted
    Apparently Butterfree is making a comeback in the show after 771 episodes, most likely a flashback though. *shrug* Pretty cool regardless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Apparently Butterfree is making a comeback in the show after 771 episodes, most likely a flashback though. *shrug* Pretty cool regardless.
    The episode is called Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!! so they'll have a reunion somehow then it'll leave again.

I'm still mad he never went back for Pidgeot. He promised it he would and he never did!

Pretty upsetting when Butterfree left how i miss Pokémon as a child - i wish i was young again!

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    The episode is called Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!! so they'll have a reunion somehow then it'll leave again.

I'm still mad he never went back for Pidgeot. He promised it he would and he never did!
    I wouldn't mind Primeape showing up and kicking some ass.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 02:29 AM ----------

Someone felt like drawing those random Pokemon combinations.

This is Magneta.

Belldude

Caternine

Beemeleon

And the best two.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2013-05-21 at 06:39 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

beelemon looks kinda awesome.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

This is the best.

Deleted
    I am so sick of those Pokemon fusions by now. And now I'M kind of sick of the fanart too.: It's so overdone.

Deleted
    And still Togekiss is only UU. While Mamoswine and Magnezone enjoy their OU.
    Jirachi is the OU version of Togekiss. Also Togekiss falls too easily to Thundurus-T, Terrakion and even Scizor. xP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meizor View Post
    Jirachi is the OU version of Togekiss. Also Togekiss falls too easily to Thundurus-T, Terrakion and even Scizor. xP
    I am always happy if I see a Togekiss in UU. Easy food for Nidoking.

I am so sick of those Pokemon fusions by now. And now I'M kind of sick of the fanart too.: It's so overdone.
    I think it can be cool when it's some weird or obscure fusion, but not much other than that.

If there's a particular art thing I'm tired of with Pokémon it's the art that tries to make Pokémon seem grim and dark. You're playing a kid's game guys, just face it, there's nothing too serious, depressive or dark about Pokémon.

how is togekiss food for nidoking? nidoking's really arent faster and a hustle togekiss with a life orb can 1 shot.if any thing is a rock paper scissors
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013