Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    just because its black and white doesnt mean it looks like absol, it has big floppy ears and a long neck, it looks like an alpaca or a lama
    That can't be absol's mega evo, it has wings, absol doesn't have wings.

what if it's dreads and not ears.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-09-04 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    That can't be absol's mega evo, it has wings, absol doesn't have wings.
    thats doesnt work, absols mega looks exactly like absol but with longer hair and wings. this pokemon has hooves, big floppy ears, a long neck, and a fluffy tail.

absol has a horn instead of ears, a short neck, claws not hooves and a blade instead of a tail.

they literally look nothing alike besides the color
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

actually they dont even share the same colour, absol is blue and white, this pokemon is black and white

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    remoraid and octillary.
    okay then that means i can say dendede is really an evolution of dunsparce.

- - - Updated - - -

this pokemon looks alot more like an alpaca then a cat

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

not really, its also around the same size, baby pokemon are always smaller

There are precedents throughout many pokemon evolution families to support that this could possibly be related to absol.

Which is enough for me not to rule out the possibility completely.

theres never been a baby pokemon that is the same size as its evolved form. that pokemon is about the same height as venusaur. you are literally basing the entire premise on the fact that it has somewhat similar colours to absol

And pokemon have evolved into forms with less premises then that.

On top of colour scheme, fur art, quadruped.

It could also add a theme to the absol evo line, lets say this is it's long scruffy hair stage, and absol is it's more stylish hair cut version.

Shave the tail and grow a horn, boom, absol looking.

face and paws are displayed similarly.

It's ridiculous to ignore the similarities, sure it may not be related to absol, but i'm not going to say it's impossible for it not to be.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-09-04 at 06:30 PM.

by your description we could say cats and dogs are the same thing. if this thing is related to absol i will eat my hat

15+ Year Old Account
    Absols design concept is completely in a different direction to the mysterious alpaca dog thing. Absol is essentially based off chinese mythology which doesnt correlate well to a french expansion.

Also im far from a gen1 fanboy, but theyve killed those starters for me. Lucario, Blaziken and Absol had amazing mega designs, these ones look like they were done by children.

No, I would not say persian is related to arcainine.

brb magikarps a fish, gyrados is a dragon.

oh wait I forgot pokemon isn't real and a lama could evolve into a cat if it wanted to.

What if Absol, is the slowbro, and this new one is the slowking, and they share a common pre-evo?
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-09-04 at 06:58 PM.

magikarp is based off the legend in japan where if a fish manages to swim upstream it will turn into a dragon.

and theres nothing to point to them being related. absols hair isnt there to be representational of a hair style its their to represent the white in yin and yang.

how is fuzzy hair and floppy ears the opposite of the yin yang symbol?

slowking works because slowking and slowbro are the same pokemon shelder just attached in a different spot

Well youtube comments and bulbapedia discussion pointed out the similarities, so im not the only one.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f280/new...second-155054/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbqkqdfrfes

Sites are also reporting the pokemon made it into the trailer by mistake, and was confused for absol.... like come on.

i'm done with this topic, feels like i'm just being trolled at this point.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-09-04 at 07:26 PM.

thats because the thing in the anime is the back of it and all we see is something white.

- - - Updated - - -

and only 2 people on there agreed with you.

- - - Updated - - -

most of the people on pokemon forums seem to think its either an alpaca pokemon or the ice wolf from the leak. most people only think it rsembles absol from a glance because of the colour scheme, but so do alot of things.

if i have a cat that is brown and a dog that is brown and you look at it for only a split second it might look vaguely similar at first glance. but it really looks nothing like absol besides the fact its white.

the colour scheme isnt even the same this pokemon is black and white absol is blue and white

- - - Updated - - -

and while you may feel like you're being trolled i feel like you are grasping at straws and wont let this go.

Deleted
    well the pokemon company said "i want to see what every single pokemon looks with mega evolution" which means its something they really like they also said "mega evolution to us feels like the culmination of everything pokemons always been about its the ultimate bonding between a trainer and his pokemon"

so we will likely see ALOT of these, BUT you can only have one mega evolution in your party (or maybe only one per battle) so its not like you will be seeing a team of all megas and it takes up an item slot.
    Oh, right! I noticed that when I rewatched the Nintendo direct, which sort of takes my worries away that we will be forced to use only certain pokemon if we need to fill that mega evolution slot to be competative.

I also noticed some player characters that looked quite different than the standard templates we saw of them so far. It is at about the 3:45 mark when they talk about the Player Search System. Also in the segment about mega evolutions I noticed the player talking to an old man, but the player has shorter hair than what we have seen before. I hope this means we will be able to customize more than just our clothes. That would be pretty neat.

Edit: I also noticed completely different looking characters in some older screenshots of the PSS that I probably overlooked.

is there a specific reason you dont like it? its not like you have to use them, its just like forms but cooler
    They're more like glorified evolutions. They're standard evolutions that simply take up 5-10 second off the start of every battle. There's no reason not to use them at all, since it doesn't even take up a turn to mega evolve. That's what bugs me so much about it, it's just an excuse to give fully evolved Pokémons new evolutions and merchandising potential, because it's really just a standard evolution wrapped in a nice little box to fool the masses. It's gonna get really tedious having to watch that same animation at the start of each battle too, might aswell had kept them as permanent evolutions, though it'd have lost its commercial value if they had done that, which is the obvious reason they're advertising it as a new mechanic. So no, it's not like forms at all, it's not like it detracts from other stats either, it's just a flat out power boost. And I bet ya that the champion or final gym leader is gonna have a Mega Evolution too, it's most likely gonna be mandatory if you want to win the game without super grinding, would be a pretty typical move of Game Freak.

EDIT: And right after writing this I read that you can only have one per party. Which is refreshing, it makes a bit more sense now. I'm still a bit iffy about it though.

that pokemon doesnt look anything like absol, absol doesnt have big floppy ears
    Looks just as much like Absol as Mega Charizard looks like Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    They're more like glorified evolutions. They're standard evolutions that simply take up 5-10 second off the start of every battle. There's no reason not to use them at all, since it doesn't even take up a turn to mega evolve. That's what bugs me so much about it, it's just an excuse to give fully evolved Pokémons new evolutions and merchandising potential, because it's really just a standard evolution wrapped in a nice little box to fool the masses. It's gonna get really tedious having to watch that same animation at the start of each battle too, might aswell had kept them as permanent evolutions, though it'd have lost its commercial value if they had done that, which is the obvious reason they're advertising it as a new mechanic. So no, it's not like forms at all, it's not like it detracts from other stats either, it's just a flat out power boost. And I bet ya that the champion or final gym leader is gonna have a Mega Evolution too, it's most likely gonna be mandatory if you want to win the game without super grinding, would be a pretty typical move of Game Freak.

EDIT: And right after writing this I read that you can only have one per party. Which is refreshing, it makes a bit more sense now. I'm still a bit iffy about it though.

Looks just as much like Absol as Mega Charizard looks like Charizard
    not really mega charizard looks just like charizard but with an extra horn and wing bits, hes also lost a little weight.

the original version of charizard had one giant horn anyways so its more similar to its original art really

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    Oh, right! I noticed that when I rewatched the Nintendo direct, which sort of takes my worries away that we will be forced to use only certain pokemon if we need to fill that mega evolution slot to be competative.

I also noticed some player characters that looked quite different than the standard templates we saw of them so far. It is at about the 3:45 mark when they talk about the Player Search System. Also in the segment about mega evolutions I noticed the player talking to an old man, but the player has shorter hair than what we have seen before. I hope this means we will be able to customize more than just our clothes. That would be pretty neat.

Edit: I also noticed completely different looking characters in some older screenshots of the PSS that I probably overlooked.
    weve known for a long time now that you can customize your character.

at the begining you can only choose your hair colour, your skin colour, and i think eye colour but later on you can change everything from clothes to hair.

grasping at straws? for what saying there are similarities and resemblance to absol?

If other people noticed it and other sites are pointing it clearly theres a resemblance.

The fact you say they look nothing alike, is wrong, you could very well be correct they're not related, but none the less their is a resemblance, to say they look nothing alike, is outlandish.

and actually 3 people pointed it out on bulbapedia, and numberous on youtube comments. but thanks any way.

http://n4g.com/news/1347046/new-poke...o-direct-today

http://cheezburger.com/7778524416#comments

Two more sites where comments state the similarities, and speculate pre-evo, some argue against pre-evo which is fine, but the fact someone has to pick out the differences between absol and this new pokemon, mean there are similarities among the differences. Otherwise the differences would be so obvious it would go without saying and no one would bother pointing them out. The mere fact they are being compared for pros and cons, means there is without a doubt some resemblance.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-09-04 at 08:15 PM.

it literally looks nothing like absol besides it being white.

it has big floppy ears, a long neck, its black not blue, it has hooves not claws, it has an actual tail instead of a blade, its eye colour is different, it doesnt have a mane in the front of its body, its face is shaped completely different with a long pointed nose and tiny mouth and it has a big afro.

it being on four legs and with white hair doesnt make it look like absol.

when you have to bring out octillery and remoraid (which still have a connection, remoraid is meant to look like a gun while octillery is a cannon) then yes you are grasping at straws.