Thread: Pokémon!

I'll keep an eye on Quilladin as these starters are supposed to be based on knight, mage/witch, rogue/assassin. I think Quilladin could pull a 180 and look like a bad ass armor plated paladin inspired pokemon. Could be wrong though and it could just get bigger and derpier and in that case i'll stick with Froakie and Bulbasaur.

I think Froakie is going to go Water/Dark
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    I'll keep an eye on Quilladin as these starters are supposed to be based on knight, mage/witch, rogue/assassin. I think Quilladin could pull a 180 and look like a bad ass armor plated paladin inspired pokemon. Could be wrong though and it could just get bigger and derpier and in that case i'll stick with Froakie and Bulbasaur.

I think Froakie is going to go Water/Dark
    Well, the same guy that leaked Fairy-type, that Mewtwo has two mega evos, and that the Kanto starters are obtainable stated that they'd be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting. Not sure where you heard the Knight, Mage, Rogue thing, but I haven't heard it anywhere before.

TheJWittz has quoted it, dookieshed too. I think tomashi has as well, but in my opinion... it's a weak theory: it suggests that the 3 starters of this gen are based on classic mmorpg classes. This was made up by the fact that quiladin has the -din ending on its name (referring to paladin), braixen uses the stick as a wand (mage), and frogadier being jumpy and refering to a brigadier which has lots to do with leadership and somehow (?) referring to a rogue type of thing.

As I said VERY weak theory in my opinion, and most unlikely to be even closer to the truth.

I want to believe that Chespin's 2 stage evolution has no correlation with its 1st, honestly. Quiladin just looks TERRIBLE, while Chespin is adorable and agile.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    TheJWittz has quoted it, dookieshed too. I think tomashi has as well, but in my opinion... it's a weak theory: it suggests that the 3 starters of this gen are based on classic mmorpg classes. This was made up by the fact that quiladin has the -din ending on its name (referring to paladin), braixen uses the stick as a wand (mage), and frogadier being jumpy and refering to a brigadier which has lots to do with leadership and somehow (?) referring to a rogue type of thing.

As I said VERY weak theory in my opinion, and most unlikely to be even closer to the truth.

I want to believe that Chespin's 2 stage evolution has no correlation with its 1st, honestly. Quiladin just looks TERRIBLE, while Chespin is adorable and agile.
    Yeah, watched those videos yesterday and I thought they were kind of weak theories, easily broken by the third stage evolution.
    Anyways, Quiladin would look better if its eyes weren't pointed in different directions and maybe if it looked slightly more serious. As for now, it looks extremely derpy. And that's about the only opinion I can have of it. Derp.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Chespin just prepares you for awesomeness while Froakie for derpness, and then... Facepalm.

http://www.gamesradar.com/pokemon-xy...mself-answers/

Gamesradar interview with Director Masuda. Last paragraph of 6th slide. Masuda mentions they "evolve in a way that make people think of those medieval RPG's"
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

meowstick and mega mewtwo x was just revealed and some people still doubt the leakers typings :P

i agree that they are inspired by the typical rpgs stuff but i dont see that really effecting their typing much.

psychic fits well with a witch/mage

frogidier isnt based off a thief hes based off the tactician his english name is based off well a brigadier (we all miss you alistair :*( ) and his japanese name is a young yakuza leader. that could easily become either dark or fighting but since pretty much everything else in that leak has been confirmed lets go with fighting since both could work well.

quilladin is based off the paladin or knight and his japanese name means armored chestnut shell. if you look at his description at pokemon it says "despite his prickly appearance this is a gentle pokemon who tries to avoid fighting" some people says this pushes away the dark type BUT IT DOESNT @_@

you gotta read deeper into it, what they are saying is that little cute ole quilladin just wants to be friends with everybody but because of his hard shell and quills nobody wants anything to do with him because they assume hes a jerk and wants to fight alot, it also means trouble makers end up comin around thinkin hes into fighting because of his quills this means he gets bullied and labeled an outcaster JUST because of his quills

so after years of bullying just like a chestnut when it gets to big QUILLADIN WILL EXPLODE @_@ he will go grass/dark and be like YOU WANTED ME TO GO DARK WELL NAO IM DARK RAWR @_@ and hes just gonna be smackin everybody around for never letting him play with them.

yep gotta read between the lines guys, that shell is gonna explode next evo. will also probably be one of those gentle to its owner wants to smack everybody else type of pokemon too
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I like that description

I think I will go for bulbasaur and fennekin in the end.

i also have a hard time believing that interview about every pokemon being in x and y and there being no mega evos for gen 6 pokemon, i have a feeling theres a communication going on there they probably meant to say "there are tons of pokemon more than any other" not "all the pokemon are in this game" it would have to be a pretty huge overworld otherwise the routes would just feel really bloated if every pokemon was in it.

its easier to accept the no gen 6 megas, but we all know thats technically a lie, they are already working on the next pokemon game in secret and im willing to bet they have tons of designs that they are saving for pokemon z/ x and y 2.

gen 6 mega evos will probably be a main selling point of the next game

- - - Updated - - -

ER MAH GERD @_@ MEWTWOS IN THE NEW MOVIE I NEED DIS IN MEH LIEF

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The next main game is probably VERY early in development, don't expect them to have Mega designs by now. Also, by "all Pokémons are in the game" they probably mean just as data, you can receive them via trade and so on, but they probably aren't obtainable in-game, they just said that they are in the game, not obtainable. Would be fantastic, but that's what we have Volt White and the kind of hacks for, just gotta wait 'till the 3DS is cracked open.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    The next main game is probably VERY early in development, don't expect them to have Mega designs by now. Also, by "all Pokémons are in the game" they probably mean just as data, you can receive them via trade and so on, but they probably aren't obtainable in-game, they just said that they are in the game, not obtainable. Would be fantastic, but that's what we have Volt White and the kind of hacks for, just gotta wait 'till the 3DS is cracked open.
    eh i really really really doubt that, every pokemon game ever made has had every pokemon in it even ruby and saphire had them in the data, and they have hundreds of pokemons designed alot of designs they save if they dont think it fits with a certain game or region, for example alot of the gen 4 pokemon were meant to be in gen 3 like shellos who was cut because they couldnt figure out how to fit the 2 different designs fit in hoenn.

and the fact that they said "we want every time you step into the grass for there to be a new pokemon" makes it seem like they meant catchable, although i do think they didnt mean ALL the pokemon but they clearly meant theres atleast more than any other game so far.

video games usually take like a couple years to make and we get pokemon games once every year or every other year so im confident that the next game is already well on its way.

- - - Updated - - -

with how fast pokemon games come out, and with how much content is in them they are probably working on multiple games at once similar to how blizzard works on expansions

Obvious statements like "This game has every Pokémon in it, making it the biggest game yet" usually always comes with press releases. Just look at WoW expansions when they're handled by the press, it usually comes with an obvious statement like "The level cap is upped to 90, giving players new heights to reach."

And of course Game Freak are working on the next game, if not next couple of games, but new Mega Evolution most likely aren't being designed this early, if anything they're probably trying to design mid-gen Mega Evolutions right now, much like how new forms of Pokémon usually are made mid-gen. Mega Evolutions probably come later in development, the designers are probably making designs for all new Pokémons right now, or they're maybe only currently designing the framework of the next game, making concepts, or brainstorming new ideas. They're early in development with the next game most definitely, I can't imagine that they're past the concept part of it since it's such a long and important process to perfect before doing anything else. Needless to say, if they're that early in development, then the Mega Evos aren't being worked on, even in an interview Masuda stated that the Kanto Megas were made when the game was actually in a playable state, since they were implemented when he realized how cool it was to obtain the Kanto starters in the game when they were just testing it. Mega Evos are likely made well into development.

I can imagine 6th Gen Megas to be the selling point of a mid-way game, like Platinum or Black 2 & White 2 that introduced new forms for a lot of legendaries.

I can imagine 6th Gen Megas to be the selling point of a mid-way game, like Platinum or Black 2 & White 2 that introduced new forms for a lot of legendaries.
    but thats pretty much what ive been saying. theyre saving them for the next game as a selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    but thats pretty much what ive been saying. theyre saving them for the next game as a selling point.
    Oh, shit, I thought you were talking about the next Generation. If you're talking the mid-gen game, then I completely agree.

Oh, shit, I thought you were talking about the next Generation. If you're talking the mid-gen game, then I completely agree.
    yeah i meant z / x and y 2.

it'll be like 4 years before we get a new gen way to early to speculate on that :P

Oh dear, 3 weeks to go. Can't get more bored waiting for it and Hearthstone. CMON ALREADY!

Deleted
    Didn't know what Volt White was so I looked it up.

Thank you sir. Thank you.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sho...n-Volt-White-2

Oh, I noticed that my local (Swedish) GameStop got the Sinnoh legendaries! Oh joy! (Missed Dialga, but I'll survive!)

Deleted
    I personally don't understand the emphasis on legendaries.

I hate using them, they just feel like a cheat. The new forms and the download events like a level 100 EV trained Dialga with a special 150 power move. Pointless imo

I would much prefer them giving us a selection of level 1 bagons, dratinis, larvitars etc with a special ability which will encourage you to level it (and you can actually use it online for PvP)

i really liked legendaries until i realized i couldn't use them in online battles or the metro. Guess it's for people who don't want that.

What i also disliked is that they just give them away - feels kind of cheap. They should make them super strong and give you the chance to fight against them and catch them imo
    There's only one sane solution: blow it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MduM0SCXlqM#t=1m03s