Thread: Pokémon!

So the LCS started last week, and 2 of the casters make pokepuns during one of the games: (Puns start at 5:16)

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I find it amusing that the guy on the right appears to be mixing up his IVs and EVs.
    Friend Code: 0232-9398-7407
    IGN - Dasir

IV trained? IV TRAINED?!?! Does that scrub even Smogon?!?!

I guess the creator of the meme is also the left guy type if he doesn't know what IV/Ev is ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I mean, gameplay-wise, quite a few legendaries are in the lower tiers.
    lower tiers in general or lower tiers in the "legendary tier"?
    if the first one: GF screwed up

How does that mystery dungeon game work exactly? Are you able to catch and transfer things?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only really speak for the first and second but the principle should never really have changed.

So you start of as a human becoming a Pokemon and you meeting your partner, which you are able to choose. The two of you found a rescue team/exploration team/whatever together and go dungeon crawling basically.

Now whenever you defeat a Pokemon there is a chance that you can recruit the bugger, IF you have the correct friend area. These areas you can buy and/or receive as quest rewards. These areas each host a different amount of Pokemon and are thematic most of the time. Even legendaries have them. The trios of each gen share an area as an example. However you cannot trade Pokemon you've recruited.
    It really isn't much of a multiplayer game tbh. You could share quests with other people if you've managed to get a rare one that rewards a friend area for instance and you can send out a rescue mission for your friends if you happen to die in a dungeon. I think if they complete it you don't loose as much as you would have normally or something, never had the opportunity to try. But that's pretty much it.

So, there's nothing for someone to gain in the mainstream games, unless something changes dramatically with this one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing whatsoever and I don't really expect that to change, the games are fairly independent as a series.

lower tiers in general or lower tiers in the "legendary tier"?
    if the first one: GF screwed up
    Lower tiers in general, at least as far as Smogon is concerned. Granted, most mascot legends are banned to ubers, but most others are not. Trios like the legendary birds, sacred dogs, regis, and the emotion trio from sinnoh are all in ou or below, with most of them being below. You would be surprised how bad some legendaries are when you actually look at their stats/ability/movepool. For example, Moltres and Articuno take 50% of their hp in damage when switching in to Stealth Rocks, which doesn't help. Others just have poor stats like the regis. I think the only Regi that is decent competitively is registeel. Hell, even Kyurem-Black with base 700 stats, resides in OU due to a number of reasons, mainly it's lack of good physical moves, just average speed, and poor defensive typing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also frogot to mention about the pmd games:

Each dungeon in the main game are linear, which means you have to complete the dungeon you are given to move to the next one, and I believe gates to infinity has you repeating the same dungeons (I presume so? Or I'm bsing here... Up to you) for story plot, the other two has linear dungeons for story.

Also, I did froget to mention a little bit something about me. I usually collect guide books to help me out on how to guide me through a video game that I have no knowledge of the game (that includes some games I don't own anymore or those I don't have.), I do happen to have the pmd red and blue rescue team game guide, so yeah (nowadays you play the game to understand the concept of the game than reading guide books, but games like the metroid series might need some reading for that.)
    Last edited by king of lag; 2015-06-01 at 08:41 PM.

It's been a while since i've posted here. I have a question for all the Pokemon masters out there. I'm still relatively a giant nub and scrub but i'm completely enthralled with the games i stopped with the series at yellow and game back for X. So I've had a lot of catching up to do.

Thanks to my Poke mentor Dasir though I've been busy. I've decided i will Iron man the national Pokedex and that means i can't trade with anyone but myself and that means i gotta use 2 3ds and own both versions of each gen (already got them all). I finished Gen 3 today 100%. So what i'm here to ask is where do i go from here?

I read in an interview that it is possible to complete the national dex in just X/Y and ORAS. How true is this? I can't imagine i can get them all and that there is anywhere near enough evo stones or god help me get all the fossils. If i can please say so. my second option is start at gen 4 and finish the dex completely transfer it to gen 5 finish the dex in gen 5 then i can get all that stuff to the Pokebank. I guess i could weave in gen 2 remakes.

So whats the better option here? Could i just start at gen 4 and keep transferring the entire dexes forward until they reach the Pokebank?

Just looking for a bit of help and direction. I'm aware of the nightmare of doing this all by myself without trading anybody but i really want to do it. Pokemon has become such a therapeutic thing for me. I can have the worst day at work but then i'll get home and just fall asleep playing it. It touches a side of me that still has that childhood wonder.

Sceptile EX and Mega Sceptile EX are coming out in the next TCG set!!! http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi..._Origins_(TCG)

I don't even care about the TCG, but I may very well buy full art versions of both cards.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No Eevee in the character roster for new PMD?....PFFFF!

I'll probably just use Fennekin as main, Pikachu as partner then find Furret for LOVIES!!

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey! I didn't really know where to ask from but here, but does someone here own any low level legendaries they'd be willing to part with? I did see some I was interested in the GTS, but I was shortly brought to the realization that the ones there I was interested were seeking for Meloetta or Manaphy, which of neither I have.

I could probably offer some pretty decent shinies and legendaries in exchange. My main target would be low level Mew, but not really sure if it's possible. (other than that japanese level 10 Mew event thingie I read about some time ago, let me guess they're hard to come by) But I'm really open to other low level legendaries aswell I have personal use for them which is why I'm eagerly seeking for them.

If someone has something, drop me a PM, I probably won't be checking this thread just as often as I used to. I can give a list of the shinies and leges I can offer via PM!

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Quote Originally Posted by Kumad View Post
    It's been a while since i've posted here. I have a question for all the Pokemon masters out there. I'm still relatively a giant nub and scrub but i'm completely enthralled with the games i stopped with the series at yellow and game back for X. So I've had a lot of catching up to do.

Thanks to my Poke mentor Dasir though I've been busy. I've decided i will Iron man the national Pokedex and that means i can't trade with anyone but myself and that means i gotta use 2 3ds and own both versions of each gen (already got them all). I finished Gen 3 today 100%. So what i'm here to ask is where do i go from here?

I read in an interview that it is possible to complete the national dex in just X/Y and ORAS. How true is this? I can't imagine i can get them all and that there is anywhere near enough evo stones or god help me get all the fossils. If i can please say so. my second option is start at gen 4 and finish the dex completely transfer it to gen 5 finish the dex in gen 5 then i can get all that stuff to the Pokebank. I guess i could weave in gen 2 remakes.

So whats the better option here? Could i just start at gen 4 and keep transferring the entire dexes forward until they reach the Pokebank?

Just looking for a bit of help and direction. I'm aware of the nightmare of doing this all by myself without trading anybody but i really want to do it. Pokemon has become such a therapeutic thing for me. I can have the worst day at work but then i'll get home and just fall asleep playing it. It touches a side of me that still has that childhood wonder.
    Your best bet would be to try and catch every single pokemon you can easily find and evolve/breed from the ones you can catch in X/Y & ORAS and then ask here for pokes that you can't get (or can't get easily enough), like fossils, eeveelutions, event legendaries and the likes. There's simply no way for someone to catch them all without internet connection, though: that's a given. Events are not available in the games, and these include: Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Arceus, Manaphy, Phione, Victini, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumad View Post

as someone who completed the national pokedex in gen 4 and 5 and 6, and someone who traded all my pokemon from black and white to bw2 for the shiny haxorus.

if at all possible, try to keep trading down to a minimum. anytime you can transfer it is by far the fastest, least time consuming way possible.

catching hundreds and hundreds of patrats and slowly trading them over is simply not fun at all.

so while you can get a large chunk of all the pokemon via both games i dont reccomend it. although with pokebank it might be alot easier these days
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread's getting long, and it tends to bog down after awhile, so we're starting a new thread here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Pokemon-Part-2