10+ Year Old Account

Intel core price drop question

Hey guys
    I'm probably gonna start ordering components for my build which I had checked out here earlier this month, but my friend said that Intel were rrducing the price of there Intel i,3,5,7 this month. Is this true and will it be much of a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by sivenom View Post
    That's like saying I can put my graphics card in my dog's skull and she'll see everything in HD tri-color sparkles. Are you really saying we can upload Rebecca Black intot heir system and scramble their defense turrets? Maybe smack on a Java RNG program and cause their weapons to self destruct. Tell you what aliens, come at me! I know C++!! /endrant

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The i3 went down by $5. I think the i7 was reduced by $15. Nothing major. Only reason I know this is due to placing an order at work and noticing the i3's were reduced by $5. There was a memo sent out about it a month or so ago but I forget the exact numbers, nothing really major though or else I'd remember.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't expect any sort of "drop" over a couple of $/quid until the launch of BD. And after we see benches from BD, depending on how it performs, intel may laugh and just stay the same.

EDIT - bad half asleep typing, bad!
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2011-09-09 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    Don't expect any sort of "drop" over a couple of $/quid until the launch of BD. And after we see benches from BD, depending on how it performs, intel my laugh and just still the same.
    ???
    10chars

Quote Originally Posted by ArchType View Post
    Hey guys
    I'm probably gonna start ordering components for my build which I had checked out here earlier this month, but my friend said that Intel were rrducing the price of there Intel i,3,5,7 this month. Is this true and will it be much of a difference?
    Some sites have posted that Sandy Bridge-E is going to be released November 15th so that might be the reason if Intel does discount the current i7's.
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    ???
    10chars
    yep, I was half asleep typing that, still waking up. fixing it now!

I thought SB-E was postponed to February?

I did hear about the pricedrops, but not for the i5 2500K and i7 2600K. Only the other models..

10+ Year Old Account
    Postpone all the CPU's!
    It's never good to wait for a price drop, as you'll wait all year, because price drops come regularly until new technology. Buy now, enjoy now. (Or save up for SB-E, but I think SB-E is going to be a bit of a flop as the i7 2600k is already pretty much everything we could ask for in a CPU.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    (Or save up for SB-E, but I think SB-E is going to be a bit of a flop as the i7 2600k is already pretty much everything we could ask for in a CPU.)
    Same goes for the i5 2500k though, doesn't it?

I suspect SB-E may very well be a great chipset, but like those who have 1366 chips or 1156 chips, the jump is likely to be just too tiny for us on 1155 chips to care all that much for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Same goes for the i5 2500k though, doesn't it?

I suspect SB-E may very well be a great chipset, but like those who have 1366 chips or 1156 chips, the jump is likely to be just too tiny for us on 1155 chips to care all that much for.
    Precisely my point.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I run an 1156 system at the moment and will more than likely jump to the SB-E when its released unless it is overpriced and under performs. Either way go buy your system now.