Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    wait, so the entire night elf army lost to somthing Varian and Genn took down alone...

i fucking hate Knaak

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    God, that varian part sounds really retarded. Super Sayian Varian FTL.
    I dunno... Judging by the few episodes of Dragonball I've seen, it doesn't really sound DBZish at all. I was expecting him to stand there and then glow and get more powerful. But all I read was he hit Garrosh in the arm. Not very Super Sayian-like.

Personally I think the OP should edit that part out. People are going to take that line way too seriously and follow it as the truth like a flock of sheep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    And once again, another group of elves get supiriority complex. I mean come on. =(
    As if Highborne, naga and high elves weren't enough, now the Watchers as well?
    Not to mention the Druids of the flame, but theirs was Old God crazy
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by orcshaman24 View Post
    I'm glad people are seeing this now. Its obvious from that text alone, that Garrosh actully thinks he's doing something rightous. He's now a character on the same lines as Admiral proudmoore and Garithos, believeing in what they do to be rightous, but ultimately set themselves up for a major fall when they realise others don't follow there example.
    With Garrosh it's been obvious since the beginning. He has always felt like he had to prove something and in doing so has made some terrible decisions.

This type of behavior from the Horde is a major step backwards in their character development, turning them into aggressive monsters again. We go from Thrall trying to make trade deals with the Night Elves to help with food issues to Garrosh trying to kill them all off en route to taking over Azeroth.

Perhaps Varian and Thrall will team up to take down this monster and in doing so realize that they need each in some odd way to maintain peace on the planet.

Only thing that is clear is that Garrosh has made his intentions known. It's War.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knaak, you have redeemed yourself. Maievs a bitch. I hope I get to kill her soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    It seems Garrosh and Varian(before the super saiyan thing) were the only two characters that actually had some decency about them in the writing, but why the fuck did he just kill off Maiev( because you KNOW we are gonna kill her now, dont lie to yourself) why take the only character that could have had a decent epilogue storyline after Illidan and make her another badguy? I hope that was an intended plot by Metzen and not Knaak's crappy M. Knight Shamalan plot twisting...
    Well thats the thing, well I hate knaaks writing and get a sicky feeling just reading it, all the plot and the twists in it are from metzens plan for the characters. This was as he planned it. He needed a way to develop Varian along, and to paint Garrosh's ways as something truely bad. Who better to ask to do this then the guy who loves making mary sues out of characters and painting any greenskin as evil, he asked knaak. Its all part of the bigger scheme of metzens.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

Because dear... urm.. pink ball... Maiev has now set on trying to kill Malfurion and possesses a distain for the other alliance members, seeing them as scum. She's now set up as a badie, just like Staghelm was.
    I edited my post with something about

"fighting with a common goal in mind."

Its a common thing that happens in movies/books and especially video games. Of course who says she'll make up afterwards?

EDIT: Does Knaak even make up the plot? Everyone's yelling at him or applauding him for making certain events happen...but I'm not sure he's the guy who controls what happens...I thought he just wrote it down on paper and filled in the events with fluff and stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I dunno... Judging by the few episodes of Dragonball I've seen, it doesn't really sound DBZish at all. I was expecting him to stand there and then glow and get more powerful. But all I read was he hit Garrosh in the arm. Not very Super Sayian-like.

Personally I think the OP should edit that part out. People are going to take that line way too seriously and follow it as the truth like a flock of sheep.
    He just instantly becomes focused somehow, ignoring everything, and just somehow gets the upperhand on garrosh? Yeah, mmk.

I'm sick of this "and then the hero randomly becomes really strong and powerful and beats the bad guy!" type of writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    With Garrosh it's been obvious since the beginning. He has always felt like he had to prove something and in doing so has made some terrible decisions.

This type of behavior from the Horde is a major step backwards in their character development, turning them into aggressive monsters again. We go from Thrall trying to make trade deals with the Night Elves to help with food issues to Garrosh trying to kill them all off en route to taking over Azeroth.

Perhaps Varian and Thrall will team up to take down this monster and in doing so realize that they need each in some odd way to maintain peace on the planet.

Only thing that is clear is that Garrosh has made his intentions known. It's War.
    Well I could have told you that from the get go XD

But yes, and as I say, I can assure you this is what's set up for Thralls return. The books paints the horde as the bad guys, no question, and shows Garrosh thinking his conquest of azeroth is just when he burns down the forests and destroys all Thrall tried to work towards as warchief.

If anything, its gonna be one hell of a conflict when it all goes down, either between factions, or as I hope, an inner faction conflict within the horde.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thats the thing, well I hate knaaks writing and get a sicky feeling just reading it, all the plot and the twists in it are from metzens plan for the characters. This was as he planned it. He needed a way to develop Varian along, and to paint Garrosh's ways as something truely bad. Who better to ask to do this then the guy who loves making mary sues out of characters and painting any greenskin as evil, he asked knaak. Its all part of the bigger scheme of metzens.
    Which truely is a pity, I always hoped for a redemption story for Maiev, and after BC it felt like that was what was coming in the future, but now we get another Elitist/Purist Night Elf who is being set up for their death. Which kind of makes me feel like Metzen just decided he didnt care for the character and wanted to remove her from play without any thought of what else could be.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I edited my post with something about

"fighting with a common goal in mind."

Its a common thing that happens in movies/books and especially video games. Of course who says she'll make up afterwards?

EDIT: Does Knaak even make up the plot? Everyone's yelling at him or applauding him for making certain events happen...but I'm not sure he's the guy who controls what happens...I thought he just wrote it down on paper and filled in the events with fluff and stuff.
    It really does come down to Metzens decison on the story. Knaak interprates the story in his own way, but the plot, the twists, the characters decisons, all comes from metzens own choices for the story.

God, that varian part sounds really retarded. Super Sayian Varian FTL.
    This pretty much. Giving the Alliance the edge by having Varian become some overpowered BS character. Le sigh. First Malfurion, then Thrall and now Varian. I wonder who will be next.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Which truely is a pity, I always hoped for a redemption story for Maiev, and after BC it felt like that was what was coming in the future, but now we get another Elitist/Purist Night Elf who is being set up for their death. Which kind of makes me feel like Metzen just decided he didnt care for the character and wanted to remove her from play without any thought of what else could be.
    Yeah, that is something I feel mythed by. that she'd be offed in this way and so quickly, all for the sake of varians development, or was it malfurions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    This pretty much. Giving the Alliance the edge by having Varian become some overpowered BS character. Le sigh. First Malfurion, then Thrall and now Varian. I wonder who will be next.
    Lets hope its not Gelbin and he goes super engineer, making starships and whatnot...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    wait, so the entire night elf army lost to somthing Varian and Genn took down alone...

i fucking hate Knaak
    So Varians now the mary sue aye?
    I know I shouldn't joke, but I'll not deny my sense of satisfaction in that

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do i have a feeling that all of this Horde conquering attitude is being set for a major downfall, be it from within or out?

Haha wow, poor Tyrande. For 6 years she has been standing there doing nothing and now, the first thing she does after actually stepping outside Darnassus is getting shot up with arrows Lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that is something I feel mythed by. that she'd be offed in this way and so quickly, all for the sake of varians development, or was it malfurions?
    More than likely it is Malfurion's. Malfurion for some reason always has to deal with Night Elf issues. hes always the one everyone blames since the War of the Ancients (with some justified reasons, actually) and always takes the blame by his own people. Tyrande gets a bad rap because she married him too, though she doesn't ever have that much influence outside her realm.

The thing i never liked about Mal is that he always took nature as the priority, his own people could be burning alive and he would care for the trees first. His character seems shallow and seems too detached to be a leader of a people. Which is why i always liked Tyrande more.

He just instantly becomes focused somehow, ignoring everything, and just somehow gets the upperhand on garrosh? Yeah, mmk.

I'm sick of this "and then the hero randomly becomes really strong and powerful and beats the bad guy!" type of writing.
    Sounds like an adrenalin rush. Nothing supernatural. Focus during a crazy battle is a technique used in films a lot too. Where the sound dies down, the two opponents look at each other and then fight sword to sword or fist to fist or whatever. Ignoring the blaze of battle isn't very DBZish. In fact all I remember are 1v1 fights in that. Well....from what I know at least. Unless his hair grows 3 feet longer and turns gold....I think the OP over exaggerated that part way too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It looks like night elves are bigger threat to malfurion than horde, TH, legion and scourge combined . Real shame, maiev was one of my favourite aliance heroes and she joined team "insanity" like many others before her.