New computer need help!

I recently invested in an Alienware m14 after my Gateway XPS finally died.I'm trying to install WoW but I am having a very hard time doing so.First I tried downloading the game client straight from battle.net.The patching has been the main issue here.It is moving at a snails pace.Eventually it would get past the setup phase but then it would hit me with "Game installation is damaged.Please run repair".Naturally I run repair,but still the same results.After that I would uninstall the game client and install it straight from the disks,starting with WoW vanilla and moving my way up to Cata.The patching is still slower then ever.I've turned my firewall on and off,I've configured my router ports to communicate with the downloader,but it still won't do a damn thing.Does anyone have any suggestions because this is starting to get annoying.Listed below are my computer specs for any references.

Alienware M14X
    Windows 7
    Panda Global Security Protection
    64 bit OS
    8 Gigs of RAM
    Intel i7 2720QM 2.20 GHZ CPU
    750 Gig Hard Drive

First off. Why buy an Alienware.
    Anyways. Don't use the Vanilla disc That content is not there anymore. So just pop your cata disc in. And install. Should be able to update after that's installed with bc and wrath.

Actually you can install from Vanilla all the way through. It works fine. No need to nowadays, but it does work.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Uninstall Panda

10+ Year Old Account
    whilst possible, you're installing 4 discs worth of content that'll effectively be erased? then doing it again with the tbc disc(s) and the wotlk dvd (and then again the cata one)

i recommend either salvaging the original wow folder from the gateway or nicking a friends version, or installing from the physical disc, if any of those is possible

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Patching is just slow right now. More than likely due to the earthquake. Yesterday morning it took 2 minutes (probably less) to patch a 25mb download. Today I've sat and watched it do the same patch but take 16 minutes.

Wouldn't surprise me if the servers were affected by the earthquake that hit the west coast yesterday afternoon.