Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I think there are 5 kais, 5 supreme kais. Each group has 4 kais for the quadrants, and 1 as the leader.
    That's correct. The Grand Kai is unique though in that he's the only one we don't get a full explanation for. We know that the 4 Kais are just Shin-jin who got lucky with the lot drawing. We know the 4 Supreme Kais are the Shin-jin from the golden fruits. And we know Daikaioshin is god. Fuck you Grand Kai! Y u such a mystery!!!

Is there any reason in particular hercule's name is Satan? He does not seem to be the devil. Is it the same in japanese but just doesn't mean anything there or..?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    That's correct. The Grand Kai is unique though in that he's the only one we don't get a full explanation for. We know that the 4 Kais are just Shin-jin who got lucky with the lot drawing. We know the 4 Supreme Kais are the Shin-jin from the golden fruits. And we know Daikaioshin is god. Fuck you Grand Kai! Y u such a mystery!!!

According to the Wiki, Grand Kais rule over all four quadrants, and the Supreme Kais rule over all PLUS Otherworld.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Is there any reason in particular hercule's name is Satan? He does not seem to be the devil. Is it the same in japanese but just doesn't mean anything there or..?
    His stage name is "Mr. Satan"

"Hercule" is his English dub stage name.

Mark is his real name.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    According to the Wiki, Grand Kais rule over all four quadrants, and the Supreme Kais rule over all PLUS Otherworld.
    The wiki states, "Grand Kai (*界王, Dai Kaiō; lit. "Grand Kaio" or "Grand Lord of the Worlds") oversees the four Kais, North Kai, West Kai, South Kai and East Kai, who rule over the four quadrants of the universe."

The ordinary Kais rule over the universe, and he rules over them. There is only one Grand Kai.

---------- Post added 2012-04-04 at 05:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    As Zoma said, Mr. Satan is his stage name. In Japanese, Satan doesn't have quite the same extreme negativity associated with it that it does in western culture. It's more like nicknaming a pro wrestler bad man. When DBZ was localized to the west, his stage name was changed to Hercule. They didn't eliminate all references to him being called Mr. Satan though, so in the English dub he ended up being called Hercule Satan.

Mostly though, it's probably just because Akira Toriyama wanted to make more bad puns with names. Videl for example, is just an anagram of Devil.

Deleted
    Just wondering, how old are most of the DBZ fans. I meant, are there any "newer recruits"? Haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healarious View Post
    Just wondering, how old are most of the DBZ fans. I meant, are there any "newer recruits"? Haha.
    Wouldn't surprise me. DBZ Kai is around, and showing on....um, Cartoon Network? I really don't know.

By the way, your name reminds me of DBZ Abridged:

"Any advice?"
    "Throw dog treats at him"
    "How will that help?"
    "I find it hiiilarious"

Wouldn't surprise me. DBZ Kai is around, and showing on....um, Cartoon Network? I really don't know.

"Any advice?"
    "How will that help?"
    "I find it hiiilarious"
    Yeah, but they are missing out on original Dragonball and DBZ Cell/Buu saga. Haven't seen those series on TV for quite some time now, and knowing kids today they are too lazy to search on the web for Dragonball

Deleted
    Just started watching them again yesterday on episode 11 of Kai now Can't really be arsed going through all the unimportant episodes in the original series.

"Any advice?"
    "How will that help?"
    "I find it hiiilarious"
    I love how he chucks one last one at his head before he vaporizes it. Kills me every time.

Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-04 at 04:58 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

That made my day rofl. Thanks.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Because I can!

aaaaaaahhahahahahahahaahahahaha

---------- Post added 2012-04-04 at 10:13 PM ----------

seems that a certain awesome singer is in dbz.

Apparently he decided to give up a life of singing and fame too...

Become an umpire...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hypothetical question:

After Cell threw up #18 and returned to his semi-perfect form, he self-destructed, destroying every part of himself except his core and regenerated back into his perfect form.

What would have happened if he had loss a body part after reverting to his semi-perfect form, but before he started to self-destruct? Would he regenerate a perfect limb on his semi-perfect body, or would his regenerations remain semi-perfect until his entire form was destroyed (minus the core)?

I've never realized that about Videl haha.
    I like the Scream montage too!
    I had not heard of DBZ abridged till recently, and I watched them all this last week. They are hilarious. Mr. PoPo and Guru are so funny.. as well as everyone else

10+ Year Old Account

so yeah! take that europe!

---------- Post added 2012-04-05 at 12:07 AM ----------

and look who it is, about to fight krillin..... BRUCE LEE

Oh and dont forget Master Roshi's disguise name... Jackie Chun

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Hypothetical question:

After Cell threw up #18 and returned to his semi-perfect form, he self-destructed, destroying every part of himself except his core and regenerated back into his perfect form.

What would have happened if he had loss a body part after reverting to his semi-perfect form, but before he started to self-destruct? Would he regenerate a perfect limb on his semi-perfect body, or would his regenerations remain semi-perfect until his entire form was destroyed (minus the core)?
    Well, every cell in his body has a memory of his perfect form. So in theory, his microscopic cellular damage from being hit had already regenerated as his perfect form. This should carry over regardless of how big or small the injury is.

One could also make the argument that before the partial absorption of Goku his body no longer had the energy to produce his perfect form.

Edit: The baseball scene is honestly one of my favorite scenes in the entire series. Can't wait to see the Great Saiyaman saga abridged. That was the scene that made me think all the characters that go to that school are fucking retarded. Gohan might as well have screamed, "I'M GREAT SAIYAMAN!!!" yet they all continue like nothing that strange happened. Worse yet, some of them even buy his beginner's luck and new shoes bullshit. Too funny. That's right up there with Vegeta and the punching machine.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-04-05 at 12:19 PM.