Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    if broly went through the same thing as goku

he woulda banged chi chi and created an even angrier gohan.

Also I wonder why it was soooo hard to become a super saiyan? it looks like its pretty easy from later transformations, goten, trunks, bardock
    Trunks I'll give you, but the other 2 went through some trauma. Goten having to deal with Chi Chi, and contend with a SSJ in Trunks beating his ass everyday probably had a little something to do with it. Bardock got transported back in time... everything he ever knew, cared for or fought for was just taken from him in an instant. Even if he got back everything would still be destroyed. That's some serious emotional baggage to draw on.

As to why you have to completely go against who you are as a person to reach it, I couldn't say really. Maybe something to with breaking down mental barriers that although cause you to be who you are, only serve to limit the instincts and emotion of the SSJ form. Yet in order to maintain it and not go crazy you have to have enough willpower and knowledge of yourself to strike a balance and direct this massive amount of energy. Like how some saiyans cannot control or remember ape form. That's how I've always viewed it anyway. It's the same reason why Brolly is batshit crazy too, The SSJ rage and passion is all he has ever known. He never had a chance to create an identity for himself that he could stay grounded to while in the form.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-06-02 at 02:44 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Trunks I'll give you, but the other 2 went through some trauma. Goten having to deal with Chi Chi, and contend with a SSJ in Trunks beating his ass everyday probably had a little something to do with it. Bardock got transported back in time... everything he ever knew, cared for or fought for was just taken from him in an instant. Even if he got back everything would still be destroyed. That's some serious emotional baggage to draw on.

As to why you have to completely go against who you are as a person to reach it, I couldn't say really. Maybe something to with breaking down mental barriers that although cause you to be who you are, only serve to limit the instincts and emotion of the SSJ form. Yet in order to maintain it and not go crazy you have to have enough willpower and knowledge of yourself to strike a balance and direct this massive amount of energy. Like how some saiyans cannot control or remember ape form. That's how I've always viewed it anyway. It's the same reason why Brolly is batshit crazy too, The SSJ rage and passion is all he has ever known. He never had a chance to create an identity for himself that he could stay grounded to while in the form.
    I think that is mostly Paragus' (and some Frieza's) fault. Paragus never saw Broly as anything other than a weapon to use as revenge, and treated him as such. So Broly was pretty much always angry, because everyone was always scared of him.

I think (given the chance) Broly would've controlled the power. He just never had anything to ground himself to, other than the raw rage and anger.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah but, didnt any other saiyan suffer emotional trauma?

i mean the whole planet would be super saiyans if it was easy

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 12:19 AM ----------

Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-06-02 at 01:29 PM.

yeah but, didnt any other saiyan suffer emotional trauma? i mean the whole planet would be super saiyans if it was that easy
    How is it easy embracing emotions you despise and to become totally opposite to who you are as a person? Goku was forced to embrace hate, Gohan and Future Trunks were forced into rage, Vegeta had to give up,Bardock had to become empathetic. On top of that they needed a challenge to push them over that edge, prior to planet Vegeta getting destroyed they pretty much were rolling everyone Frieza sent them at without even trying. They were stagnant and just took Frieza orders without question instead of fighting him and searching for challenges like a true saiyan should. The best thing that ever happened to the saiyan race was there planet getting blown up. Got the survivors out of there rut. Goku and Vegeta are probably thankful that the whole Frieza thing happened by the time the Buu saga rolls around. It saved the saiyans from the stagnation they had been suffering since the old kai's time. In a way they were already dieing before Frieza almost finished the job.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I think (given the chance) Broly would've controlled the power. He just never had anything to ground himself to, other than the raw rage and anger.
    I agree and is more or less what I was trying to say at the end there. If his SSJ power didn't surface until his teens for example he probably would of been alright. But he just has had mentally blinding saiyan rage constantly flowing through him since a baby, it's all he knows. It's who he is. There's no identity to fall back on.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-06-03 at 02:11 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

15+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone here seen Battle of Gods? With subs? I heard they are releasing it on DvD/bluray in Japan pretty soon.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Apparently they are releasing the original Ocean Dubbed episodes, Rock the Dragon theme song and everything. Includes the three movies too.
    http://www.animecornerstore.com/drzbrodrbcoe.html

Also you can preorder the Japanese version of Battle of Gods, only the bluray version will work, the dvd version is region locked to japan.
    Limited edition comes with a wack of stuff.
    http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/06/01...-full-details/

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Has anyone here seen Battle of Gods? With subs? I heard they are releasing it on DvD/bluray in Japan pretty soon.
    No. I haven't even been able to find a raw anywhere on the internet, and that's not for lack of trying. Every link I've found, be it streaming or download, eventually lead back to the same site. I looked up the history of said site, and it's a malware site that masquerades as a file sharing site. If raws exist on the internet, they're in places that I'm not aware of.

10+ Year Old Account
    any1 feels like the figurine that comes with the limited edition looks off ? I hope it's not that shitty xD the colors are bleached xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Keep in mind that Future Trunks wasn't trained by Vegeta, since Vegeta died when he was a baby. He was trained by Future Gohan, who himself wasn't fully trained either, since we can assume that after Frieza, he had spent the entire time studying instead of training since they didn't know about the Androids.

Kid Trunks, on the other hand, had a trainer in Vegeta and a sparring partner in Goten, both from a young age.
    I would still go with my own theory that Trunks and Goten are so incredibly strong because they were conceived at the time their fathers had already achieved SSJ form. Since Vegeta didn't know about the androids in the future timeline he didn't go through the same amount of training and didn't reach SSJ, so that power didn't transfer over to Future Trunks.

Future Trunks is more like Gohan, achieving SSJ in his early teens. But normal timeline Trunks and Goten were conceived while their fathers were much stronger making it much easier for them to achieve SSJ as well. This is pretty much my explanation for those kids being that strong at their age, and I guess training also factors in somewhere but I don't think it's the most important part.

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 09:55 PM ----------

Trunks I'll give you, but the other 2 went through some trauma.
    Trunks can be explained by trying to appeal to his father. Vegeta is quite insane in his training and truly pushes himself to the edge and beyond, and Trunks probably tries to do the same thing because he looks up to his father so much.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused; I have seen the Ocean dub up to the Buu saga on youtube. Is that not real or something? Or just not the original?

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 05:26 AM ----------

the OP has been updated with good news

GOOD NEWSSS EVERYONE

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    OP has gone through it's monthly repair.

Repair Notes:
    .Grammar has been updated and fixed. (I decided that it matters)
    .Videos that were taken down from Youtube have been replaced with similar videos.
    .New banner has been posted, This September we will have a subbed Battle of The Gods in thew U.S and other locations.
    .King Cold is my declared most powerful diffused character.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-06-05 at 05:35 PM.

the OP has been updated with good news

GOOD NEWSSS EVERYONE
    I just thought the Japanese version was being released then? Aren't the voice actors busy doing The Kai Buu saga currently, and also something about an English sub taking at least two years? Would be awesome if I was wrong though

Still good news though about the DVD in general, at least there will be a quality version out there for people to stick subtitles on if there still is no english dub for awhile.

@Zoma: The guy who does those is awesome, must take forever. I think there's 5 Dragonball Z/GT ones he's made total, all of them great. Gohan Vs Janemba is my favorite, I just love how he does the colors in it.

Also,

They missed Nappa
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-06-08 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Meant dub not sub

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that is the Japanese DVD they're talking about. Considering how involved Chris Sabat is at Funimation (let alone DBZ), I think he'd have a pretty good idea when they'd be handling it.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just thought the Japanese version was being released then? Aren't the voice actors busy doing The Kai Buu saga currently, and also something about an English sub taking at least two years? Would be awesome if I was wrong though

Still good news though about the DVD in general, at least there will be a quality version out there for people to stick subtitles on if there still is no english sub for awhile.
    I think you are confusing Sub and Dub. When they say an English Sub is being released, it means Japanese with English subtitles. Dub is the one that has English voice actors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who's your alls favorite character in DBZ?

I'm going to go with Future Trunks. He's a baws, BA, BAMF, etc. Especially post Hyperbolic Time Chamber trunks.

Love this fan art

10+ Year Old Account
    Young Gohan (Cell Saga around time), then future Trunks. Wish the actual Future Trunks was just as badass, but sadly, not even close. GT ruined so many characters.

Deleted
    Future Trunks and Vegeta both.