Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    idk, maybe beerus gives him super god powers or something to fuck with goku
    My thoughts exactly, hence the orange/flaming glow (akin to that of SSG) around Frieza.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frieza is an icon of DBZ, the big bad, the galactic emperor. The reason Goku ascended beyond his limitations and entered into his first stages of god hood.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Frieza is an icon of DBZ, the big bad, the galactic emperor. The reason Goku ascended beyond his limitations and entered into his first stages of god hood.
    hes also come back like 4 times and everytime he comes back hes made to look like a complete joke.

if frieza had never come back, and if they hadnt made it a point time and time again that goku is super strong and he can sneeze and pretty much kill his old foes then frieza coming back would probably be cool.

but instead of "woah cool hes gonna have to face the galactic ruler of planets who wiped out the saiyans again"

its more like "oh, him again, i wonder which character is going to humiliate him this time"

pretty much everytime frieza has come back someone just one shots him. he hasnt been the big bad in like forever.

obviously theyre going to do something to make him go toe to toe to goku (or do something to goku to make him weaker) but as a big reveal its a major let down.

when they released that teaser of "i want you to revive someone" and "the worst wish ever" i was like oh man theyre gonna revive like some ancient evil or something this is gonna be so cool. nope just frieza, again.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Frieza is a really iconic villiain in DBZ. He was the big bad, a Galactic Tyrant against whom the first Super Saiyan in thousands of years appeared. The problem is, after the Namek sagas, Frieza's power became really insignificant when the heroes of the story became stronger than the gods, literally (there's no denying that Goku and other Z warriors, especially the Saiyans, showed greater power than the Gods of Creation, AKA the Kaioshins. Though Beerus and Whis were stronger than them, but SSJ2-3 Goku and Vegeta weer already mopping the floor with Kaioshins, and that were before they gained access to the god powers of SSJG.)

That said though, the author of Dragon Ball New Age, Malik (Seriously, read it if you haven't already. It's fucking amazing) made few interesting observations about the poster:

#1: Frieza has a godly aura similar to Goku when he was SSJG.
    #2: The black haired guy on the right of the poster lacks facial scarring, so he is not Yamcha, but rather either Gohan or Goten. I hope it's Goten, since that would really acknowledge the time passing between DBZ TV anime end and these movies.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I can't imagine Krillin decided to shave his head and train after BoG lol What could he do now fights literally involve gods?

Krillin becomes the Buddha to gain godly powers to stay in the fights!

I hope there is some sort of justification given as to why Frieza can be revived when it's been over one year.

It's King Kai's planet not destroyed & Gohan going Super Saiyan all over again.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2014-11-19 at 08:29 PM.

Ooh, I hadn't even realized King Kai's planet was back in BoG and yet it was blown up in the Cell Games! Wow, that's on Toriyama, he forgot events of his own manga. Maybe Whis will alter the rules of the dragon balls? He is God of Creation... either that or Toriyama just forgot again and plot holes galore.

What's stopping the dragon from making a new King kai planet?
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What? Was funny as hell, some random immediately referring to her as "goddess"
    Guess I'm some random

It's been over an year since King Kai's planet was blown up too, so yeah, the dragon ball rules have to be changed if they want these things to happen without plot holes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's been over an year since King Kai's planet was blown up too, so yeah, the dragon ball rules have to be changed if they want these things to happen without plot holes.
    I don't think that rule applies to something like a planet, only to restoring lives. Besides, even if it does apply, they can just wish for a replica planet that has the same properties as the original.

In any case, I'm gonna remain skeptical and just assume they forgot that rule existed and Frieza just gets revived like he was killed 5 minutes ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I don't mean restore his planet. Just like "new namek" Whats stopping the dragon from making a new planet
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What? Was funny as hell, some random immediately referring to her as "goddess"
    Guess I'm some random

Wasn't the 1 year thing only a rule for the dragon when it was tied to Kami. Didn't the whole Dendes dragon change it.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Funny you should mention that... Bojack was in that group and Bojack is WAY stronger than Frieza, same for Zangya. So given how much weaker Gohan is here compared to Cell Games Gohan, I doubt he would have beaten Bojack and Zangya so easily, especially together, they would have likely stomped him. But like you said, time constraints and all throws logic out the window. Makes you wonder why TOEI would even do just ambitious stories when they know they only have like an hour or less for a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Funny you should mention that... Bojack was in that group and Bojack is WAY stronger than Frieza, same for Zangya. So given how much weaker Gohan is here compared to Cell Games Gohan, I doubt he would have beaten Bojack and Zangya so easily, especially together, they would have likely stomped him. But like you said, time constraints and all throws logic out the window. Makes you wonder why TOEI would even do just ambitious stories when they know they only have like an hour or less for a movie.
    Not that any of those movies were canon, but Gohan was obviously in his Mystic state at that point, far stronger than when he fought Cell. No way in hell could he one shot Frieza in his base form before that powerup. Anyway, I have mixed feelings about the upcoming movie. Frieza was by far my favorite villain, as my avatar probably indicates. But unless this takes place sometime before the Android saga, I have no idea how they could make him compete with Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Gotenks, Fat Buu, or even Piccolo. Krillin and Yamcha were on the poster, and look like they did during the Android saga, so it might be possible. But the fact that Beerus and Whis are in it kind of makes that seem unlikely. Regardless, I hope they take this movie seriously and find a plausible way to make Frieza seem imposing again. Most of the movies just kind of seem like a joke, so it better not end with Frieza having lunch with the Saiyans and falling in love with Launch or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also think Frieza is by far the best villain DBZ had. Cell was cool, but Frieza's personality and attitude were just... I don't know, perfect. He wasn't just some "Hurr durr I'm gonna destroy all teh things/become perfect... and then destroy all teh things!". While excited, I'm also fearful for how they'll handle his return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite part about Freeza was how he reacted to everything, unlike most anime villains who go HURR DUUR EMERGERD UR STRONGER!!! Frieza actually reacted in a very rationale way. He didnt go full Aizen and lose all his composure the moment there was something difficult in front of him. Frieza was still able to remain calm, gain the upper hand at times, and survive a fight against a super saiyan and was only done in by his own faults.

I mean honestly you almost never see an anime villain regain their composure once the protagonist is about to win. Aizen is the best example of..... uummm what the hell happened to your personality and why are your roar now?

- - - Updated - - -

Batgeta

Vegito man

- - - Updated - - -

How every man should react, just saiyan. (english version does this scene waaaay more justice)
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2014-11-22 at 05:52 PM.

i never liked frieza. he always just came across as a spoiled brat rich kid. i loved it when trunks just beat the shit out of him without even trying
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i never liked frieza. he always just came across as a spoiled brat rich kid. i loved it when trunks just beat the shit out of him without even trying
    He was essentially Gokus legit opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Faulconer's music is still shit lol
    you mean this??

best theme ever

10+ Year Old Account

possible leak, no credible confirmation