Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    And Frieza STILL didn't fall?

Calling it, Goku loses, and then Frieza wakes up from his most recent concussion, and goes BEYOND golden form, becomes Ultra Instinct Platinum Frieza and proceeds to defeat Jiren.

And then he gets another concussion to keep the theme going.
    Ho ho ho ho/10.

Brilliant battle, by far the best in DB franchise, im sad that the rest of DBS will taint this beautiful episode

Im still annoy that Goku/Jiren are so overwhelming more powerful then the reset of TP participants that even with a fart they can defeat each one of them
    Last edited by kaelix1; 2018-03-04 at 11:37 AM.

Deleted
    Almost as epic as Goku turning SS1 for the first time...

10+ Year Old Account
    The best part of the episode - and probably of the entire series - is Beerus telling the rest of the Z team to "Shut up and watch". Oh the amount of time that would've been saved if this had been done all along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    wait what? there's another break next week?
    sadly yes, episodes go live the 18 and 25 of march, no episode next week
    [/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    During Whis' speech, I can't help but feel satisfied that this is the route Super took. Before, I was always upset when the series continued past the satisfying conclusion. Goku beat the villain who destroyed his race and was the strongest fighter in the universe, fulfilling the legend of the Super Saiyan in the process. Could have ended there, but then Androids happened. Then, we got another satisfying end when Gohan, who had been built up this whole time, finally surpassed his father and even surpassed the power of a Super Saiyan and beat Cell, the amalgamation of every fighter so far, bringing us a new generation. Once again, good end. Then Buu happened. That ended with the battle against a primordial evil, and that evil being reincarnated as good, to finally bring an end to the fighting once and for all, the birth of the future's greatest hero, Uub.

Then Super happened. I was exited for new Dragon Ball, of course, but the addition of Gods and angels and other universe just felt like they were padding out the series for the sake of some cool fights. But with Ultra Instinct, I feel like they are finally getting to where they wanted to go with this series. Dragon Ball has always been a martial arts series. It may feel like that gets lost in all the transformations and beam struggles, but that was always it's core. The plot, while it may vary wildly from arc to arc, always boils down to Goku wanting to fight better. Now, with Ultra Instinct, I can finally see the end of his story. Goku isn't going to be just a top contender fighter anymore. Not some underdog who surpasses his limits at the last moment to surprise his previously overpowered foe. After this, he has nowhere to go, because with Mastered Ultra Instinct, his consciousness becomes one with the battle. It isn't about who is fighting, where they are fighting, or what they are fighting for. It's every punch, kick, block, and ki blast. That becomes the entirety of his being.

Goku has ceased to be a fighter. Now he is just the fight. The ultimate goal of any Saiyan, there is nothing left but the battle now. In a world of Gods, Goku has become the God of War.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by selastan View Post
    during whis' speech, i can't help but feel satisfied that this is the route super took. Before, i was always upset when the series continued past the satisfying conclusion. Goku beat the villain who destroyed his race and was the strongest fighter in the universe, fulfilling the legend of the super saiyan in the process. Could have ended there, but then androids happened. Then, we got another satisfying end when gohan, who had been built up this whole time, finally surpassed his father and even surpassed the power of a super saiyan and beat cell, the amalgamation of every fighter so far, bringing us a new generation. Once again, good end. Then buu happened. That ended with the battle against a primordial evil, and that evil being reincarnated as good, to finally bring an end to the fighting once and for all, the birth of the future's greatest hero, uub.

Then super happened. I was exited for new dragon ball, of course, but the addition of gods and angels and other universe just felt like they were padding out the series for the sake of some cool fights. But with ultra instinct, i feel like they are finally getting to where they wanted to go with this series. Dragon ball has always been a martial arts series. It may feel like that gets lost in all the transformations and beam struggles, but that was always it's core. The plot, while it may vary wildly from arc to arc, always boils down to goku wanting to fight better. Now, with ultra instinct, i can finally see the end of his story. Goku isn't going to be just a top contender fighter anymore. Not some underdog who surpasses his limits at the last moment to surprise his previously overpowered foe. After this, he has nowhere to go, because with mastered ultra instinct, his consciousness becomes one with the battle. It isn't about who is fighting, where they are fighting, or what they are fighting for. It's every punch, kick, block, and ki blast. That becomes the entirety of his being.

Goku has ceased to be a fighter. Now he is just the fight. The ultimate goal of any saiyan, there is nothing left but the battle now. In a world of gods, goku has become the god of war.
    goku is kratos confirmed!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Personally, and I think I've said plenty of times before, it's Sean Schemmel that doesn't fit Goku. But he can shout/scream so he gets an instant pass in everything else. I would take Peter Kelamis or Ian James Corlett over Schemmel, any day of the week.
    Ye but if you grow up with one voice actor doing the voice its gonna stay in your system forever so thats why Peters voice for me just doesnt fit with the character and how i see Goku

Actualy funny that i have this discussion with my mom a lot when they bring out a new hero movie i say its better then the past actors who have done it while she keeps saying Christopher Reeves is the best superman and Bill Bixby the best Hulk and Sean Connory the best 007 and i have that same problem with Batman because i see Christian Bale as the best Batman and the newer generation thinks Ben affleck is the shit.

At the end of the day no matter how you want to discuss it nothing can beat the first memory of something you like.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

It would be a wonderfully funny troll if the end was like that:

--> Goku finaly beats Jiren and send him off-stage.
    --> Great Priests announce Goku is the last warrior on stage, thus, declares Universe 7 victor.

--> Goku turns to Great Priest and says: "wait, where is Frieza? Every fan is waiting for him to do a bad thing like kicking me off-stage and get the Super Dragon Balls for himself !"

--> Great Priest: oh yeah, uh, about that...How should i tell you? Well, it looks like Frieza was hiding during your battle with Jiren, but he was utterly destroyed has a collateral damage of YOUR attacks during the clash, soooo...

--> Goku: Frieza's dead? Oh gosh, it was unexpected !

--> Vermouth stands up and says: Great Priest, if Goku killed Frieza, that means Goku should be disqualified, thus, the elimination of Jiren is not valid, and if Jiren is not eliminated and Goku is disqualified, then Universe 11 is the victor, right?

--> Great Priest to Vermouth: You're wrong: the rules explicitly said you are forbidden to kill your opponent, but they didn't said you couldn't kill your ALLIES, Frieza, has Goku's team member, was his ally, so Goku didn't break the rule and is not disqualified.

--> Vermouth (shocked face): So that means...

--> Great Priest: Yep, you lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Frieza will do something cheeky at the end. My universe reset theory is the only way I see Dragon Ball Super going past this arc without ruining all the awesomeness it put into Goku's transformation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not true tbh. I've heard many covers of songs after the original and liked them better. I've seen many anime stories that were revisited and preferred the second version better, after having seen them first.
    Thats why i said "of something you like"
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    https://scontent.fmia1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...a0&oe=5B41AEA4

- - - Updated - - -

seriously where is our lord freiza?

i want bet that freezer will pull a "vegeta blast" like cell vs gohan and then being vaporized by a super angry goku xD

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, given that Freeza is already dead, it's technically impossible to kill him. Therefore, any amount of lethal force used against him shouldn't count as disqualifying.

Just saw 129.

>"Goku's ace in the hole that he beat Kefla with!"
    Literally a normal Kamehameha directly to the face after 30 seconds of screaming and staring.

>Goku screams a little.
    >Jiren gets pushed back from his final attack.
    >Somehow flying becomes allowed in the rules again.

The chapter was good, but it really makes me wish it was dubbed instead of subbed. I missed a lot of action because there was talking.

And I guess ultra instinct does have an aura...

That galaxy formed by Goku's energy is in my top 5 moments of the entire franchise!
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I like how even the Grand Priest was impressed btw. He is probably equally impressed with his son for managing to train someone to this level.
    Yeah it's clear Whys is flexing on everyone.

Although Whys did also train Vegeta, and Vegeta just "WAHHH BABYRAGE I WANT TO BE A SUPER SAIYAN" to get his power up. (And he "wahhh my family ive got things to protect look at my character development"ed his way into being able to beat Toppo lul.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Although Whys did also train Vegeta, and Vegeta just "WAHHH BABYRAGE I WANT TO BE A SUPER SAIYAN" to get his power up
    Reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl_HfTZ69Xw

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I wonder what it must be like to have your own head that far up your own ass, lol.

All of a sudden UI goes from a state where your body reacts on its own to a power up where you can crush a powerful attack in your hand. Gotta love it
    What? When was it ever implied that UI wasn't a power up? That's all Whis was talking about: Goku's attacks weren't any stronger because he was only able to access the defensive aspect of it... As silly as the story-telling in Dragon Ball is, I somehow doubt they'd show the gods being as nervous/incredulous as they were if UI didn't have the potential to elevate Goku to their level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    What? When was it ever implied that UI wasn't a power up? That's all Whis was talking about: Goku's attacks weren't any stronger because he was only able to access the defensive aspect of it... As silly as the story-telling in Dragon Ball is, I somehow doubt they'd show the gods being as nervous/incredulous as they were if UI didn't have the potential to elevate Goku to their level.
    Judging from how it is described, it should indeed be very much a power up. A fighter's attack power stopped being based on muscle strength long ago, now it's down to ki control. Ultra Instinct could theoretically give someone perfect control over their energy, because they don't need to think about it. Whereas before they would have to go through training to better enhance their reserves and control of ki, now it could be possibly limitless, since these things should very well be limited by the mind, similar to how our own muscles can't use their full strength without practice or adrenaline. Ultra Instinct could possibly give access to new ways to use ki as well, possibly even in infinite combinations. If someone could learn a technique through practice, Ultra Instinct might replicate it in certain situations. It wouldn't be unreasonable for UI Goku to use things like Time Skip or even Hakai