Kept you waiting, huh?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post

Kept you waiting, huh?
    I swear to god after watching the original Z, Kai and then Abridged. Some of Abridgeds comedy just makes me forgot the original dialogue for the scene entirely. I fucking love abridged more than Kai at this point.

expect DBS announcement near the end of this month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I give up, can't see the damn image I was trying to link here.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2019-04-03 at 01:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    If you guys have any respect for yourselves, don't buy FUNimation's 30th anniversary set...
    What is it, and why would I not have any respect for myself if I buy it?

EDIT: Alright, I did some digging, and it seems like a collector's edition that FUNimation will only release if enough people show their support.

I bet it'd cost a mint + an arm and a leg. So I'd probably wouldn't be able to buy it even if I wanted to.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2019-04-05 at 06:34 PM.

If you guys have any respect for yourselves, don't buy FUNimation's 30th anniversary set...
    Even if I wanted it, they probably wouldn't ship to Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    3000 copys. Thats a lot. I bet this costs 300$.

Aren't the 16:9 BDs cropped from the original 4:3 the show was created in? So these would technically be more of the original content than the cut down 16:9s, which IMO is better, this may actually end up being the highest video quality version released as I'm pretty sure previously the original 4:3 video content hasn't been released beyond DVDs. I'm more curious about which audio tracks are included, like if it doesn't include the original Japanese audio then I feel it kind of fails as an "ultimate set", and having the dragonboxes audio as well would be very nice.

great and now I want dbs Broly fused with goku via potara and dbs broly in ssj4...

These BDs, if they're what we've seen in the trailer, will be utter garbage, far from "the highest video quality version released". That still remains the Dragon Boxes. FUNimation are pretty garbage with DB, honestly. I expect only the worst.

There is also a comparison out there that shows just how bad, and further cropped, this set seems to be.
    Damn... Was really hoping they'd finally gotten it right.

in the next two weeks, we will most likely get announcement.

hopefully a key visual or a trailer.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2019-04-14 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    in the next two weeks, we will most likely get announcement.

hopefully a key visual or a trailer.
    If DBS is starting back up, I am going to guess it's gonna follow the formula of the start of the series. It'll be like 1 to 2 episodes of nothing much going on but setting up for the following arc, which will probably recreating the Broly movie for the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be cool with it if they adapted the Broly movie. I'm sure they learned their lesson from the first two seasons of Super and would do a better job. I would also be cool with them adapting the Moro arc.

If it's a brand new arc, that... that'd be something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see Buu getting some love in this manga arc. Curious to see how the fight will go and if he'll end up absorbing anyone to help him lol
    Very true. After getting robbed of his spot in the U6 tournament and the Tournament of Power, Buu's finally shining a bit. It's so easy to forget that Buu is still one of the strongest people living on Earth, and all his magic abilities give him a huge edge against enemies that aren't familiar with how he works. I doubt Buu will be the end of Moro, but I would really approve of someone else saving the day other than Goku and Vegeta.

I will say that I'm liking Vegeta's continued development with the namekians, so I wouldn't mind him getting to shine some more, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Finally got around to watching the Dragonball Super Broly movie, and I gotta say that I definitely liked this better than the other Broly movies. Well, that's not exactly a high bar to jump over.

At least Broly isn't triggered by hearing Kakarot's name. TBH that was always a stupid plot device.

10+ Year Old Account

Saw the Broly movie this past weekend, along with Endgame, and I have to say that this Broly movie wasn't as great a some were making it out to be. It's like 30 minutes of kind of story, mostly stuff that kind of links all these characters together, and then what is essentially a full hour of hearing Broly go Rrrrrrrrrah!

I will say this the Super version does give Broly some character, but that's like going from zero to one. Cheelai is basically the bad guy. The random Video Joker in the movie was honestly baffling as to why it was included. The parent abuse was something that was poorly explored and definitely should have been focused on even a bit more just so we'd have some context outside of one time where the collar is used appropriately.

The full hour of fighting isn't as entertaining as say something like Mad Max: Fury Road as you lack the why things are happening. Now sometimes it's cool to have action happen for no reason, but not when it goes on for that long.

Honestly, the movie is kind of disappointing.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

so first UI appeared in dub last night

and my god the ultimate battle they did was TERRIBLE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    so first UI appeared in dub last night

and my god the ultimate battle they did was TERRIBLE.
    Yuck! Agreed! Managed to fuck that up pretty completely.

Time to palette cleanse with some much better covers.