hey, i heard there are these guys called the ginyu force, wonder if they will be super badass and not dance like pansies?
    I see Stupid people!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok here's my question and I really want some thoughtful answers on this one. The saiyans all knew that they recovered from near death and grew stronger after the recovery right? So why didn't Vegeta and Goku just spend time beating each other to near death and healing? Especially while the Earth was safe and no immediate threat was at hand, they'd have had all the time they needed to recover.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

Huh, they landed near Fireza's ship. Wouldn't be used as a convenient plot device.

What's with a random human in their group?
    If you truly read and think about it, this explains the reason for an immense amount of things...
    -nobody panics when things go "according to plan", even if the plan is horrifying! If tomorrow i tell the press if a gang-banger will get shot or a truck load of soliders will be blown up; no body panics. Its all apart of "The Plan". But if i say that one, little, old mayor will die, well then everyone losses their minds!
    "Those that criticize our generation forget who raised it"

10+ Year Old Account
    And now we come to the greatest part of Dragon Ball Z. The arrival of the most elite fighting force the universe has ever seen. Also, the fashion lords of the universe.

With

playing in the background.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    Ok here's my question and I really want some thoughtful answers on this one. The saiyans all knew that they recovered from near death and grew stronger after the recovery right? So why didn't Vegeta and Goku just spend time beating each other to near death and healing? Especially while the Earth was safe and no immediate threat was at hand, they'd have had all the time they needed to recover.
    Goku used that strategy on the way to Namek. He beat himself to near death four times, and used four Senzu. I think it is because the larger healing boosts are from mortal wounds, and those need Senzu or Namekian healing. Since it's better to save Senzu for battles and Dende can run out of energy healing, it may be better just to constantly train, rather than get injured and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Goku used that strategy on the way to Namek. He beat himself to near death four times, and used four Senzu. I think it is because the larger healing boosts are from mortal wounds, and those need Senzu or Namekian healing. Since it's better to save Senzu for battles and Dende can run out of energy healing, it may be better just to constantly train, rather than get injured and wait.
    Also to add the high power levels by the time even the Cell saga rolled around made it impossible for senzu's to really be reliable anymore. For instance after Vegeta is beaten up by 18, he is given 2 senzu beans since he's so powerful and so beat up that one won't do it. Now imagine when they get to Buu saga and they are 10x as powerful? You would need like 20 senzu's just to heal Goku once. They are extremely rare and hard to grow as well. The major characters later on the series were just beyond the ability for senzu's to restore their power completely. Notice how Yamcha needs one bean to fix a giant hole in his chest and all his energy being drained, yet Vegeta needs two to fix a broken arm and still had gas in the tank beforehand. Doesn't make much sense unless you account power levels.

Also to the saiyan healing ability. I think it only works if you keep switching up the methods of getting your ass kicked. I've always viewed it much like the human ability to grow bigger muscles after intense workouts. If that is indeed the case then just fighting against the same guy all the time(lifting the same weight) won't help you much, you need to switch it up for a better effect.

Say Goku and Vegeta beat the shit out of eachother and are around the same power level. Then they heal, they are both going to increase about the same. Therefore when they fight next they are still on the same level with eachother, doing the same techniques, and it's going to feel the same to them because they both improved by the same amount.

I think the saiyan healing powerup draws it's strength in challenges that the character has never faced before. By pushing themselves to the absolute limit of their bodies by facing challenges they never thought they could do. Just kicking eachother's ass over and over again I don't think would really work since they are so used to eachother and in their minds they would know it isn't a life or death situation.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 11:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    Off-topic, Piccolo from the live action DBZ I posted a while back

SNIP

(Remember, they're working with a budget of only like 5-10k dollars)
    That actually looks pretty damn good. Ears could use a little more work(balance) but next to that I think it really looks like a Namek. I wonder if they will include the shoulder pads + cape to. I'm really looking forward to seeing this.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-05-09 at 04:03 AM. Reason: expanded
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

The guile theme plus ginyu force really do go well together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    The guile theme plus ginyu force really do go well together
    I recently found out about the whole "Guile Theme goes with everything" meme. Heard the song and thought, "Holy shit. This sounds like a Ginyu theme."

Anyways, Vegeta working with Gohan and Krillin? Next you're going to tell me that Deathwing is still alive and attacking the city.
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

hey, is that little off color guy australian? since when did crocodile dundee meet dbz?
    I see Stupid people!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadNotSleeping View Post
    hey, is that little off color guy australian? since when did crocodile dundee meet dbz?
    He's SPACE AUSTRALIAN. Get it right.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah. This Ginyu Force looks like a pack of Skittles. If Skittles could kick ass and shoot lasers form their palms.

The really tall one and the really short one are super fast. Wonder what the rest of their powers are.
    Men!

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, we have a pretty one, a big, tough, stupid guy, and freaky one with a weird ability. The blue guy seems like generic alien, so they made him fast. I wonder what the Captain does?

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 09:41 PM ----------

Lol, the green guy is weak and Vegeta just beat the hell out of the big dumb one. And he was worried :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah. Vegeta just cut off Guldo's head. And people think this is a kid's show.

Now Recoome's up. He'll probably beat the shit out of Vegeta.

The extent of the Vegeta-Recoome fight:

Last edited by Nadev; 2012-05-09 at 05:01 AM.
    Men!

10+ Year Old Account

Didn't see that coming

Yeah that scene is pretty accurate (and a lil bit spoilery lol)

Maan when is Goku gonna get here. He said 20 minutes three episodes ago!!

10+ Year Old Account

Omg, they should have made Recoome the green one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gohan and Krillin are gonna fight Recoome? It's ok. They'll win. They're the good guys. And nothing bad ever happens to the good guys in DBZ.
    Men!

10+ Year Old Account
    And they both were just powered up by Guru. They wouldn't give them power ups just to get raped right away.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 10:14 PM ----------

Recoome Smash!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    And they both were just powered up by Guru. They wouldn't give them power ups just to get raped right away.

Recoome Smash!
    Considering all of his attacks have his name in them, I'd say it's a pretty accurate comparison.

Oh no, Vegeta's a plucked vegetable, Krillin's a limp fish and Gohan's neck is broken? This must be the end of the Z Fighters. All is los...oh, sup, Goku?
    Men!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post

i think they lose zenkai after hitting super saiyan

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 05:19 AM ----------

yoooo recoom is a bad ass, goku is gunna have a hard time with him