10+ Year Old Account
    The manga has had a problem with the past 2 arcs, including this current one, being shit.

It's kind of sad that the only redeeming factor that came with this arc is Frieza reappearing and one-shotting the supposed "strongest in the universe" and even this plot development itself is a really bad one.

But because the arc itself was just slogging for months and months on end (longer than that honestly)... an otherwise bad plot device makes it more palatable.

Either way I feel like Frieza is way too over exposed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the manga and the movie I guess everyone but the humans are getting new transformations

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Between the manga and the movie I guess everyone but the humans are getting new transformations

Oprah Winfrey must be writing the manga a long with Toriyama and Toyotarou, because lately YOU GET A TRANSFORMATION, and YOU GET A TRANSFORMATION... EVERYONE GETS A TRANSFORMATION!

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Latest manga arc ended.
    Freeza surpasses Goku&Vegeta again via a Room of Spirit & Time on another world (says he trained for 10 years, so 10 days in universe) and acquired a new form.
    Black Freeza
    Is this real or just meme?
    If real... first thing that comes to my mind:

... srsly... i really enjoyed Super Saga... but how many times can we get exact same shit?
    Soon there will be no more new colours to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    ...as much as I would kill for Yamcha to suddenly become the Omni King

DRAGONBAL Z ended with the majimboo saga, this is dragonball super...aka...something akira toriyama barely took part in.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Latest manga arc ended.
    Freeza surpasses Goku&Vegeta again via a Room of Spirit & Time on another world (says he trained for 10 years, so 10 days in universe) and acquired a new form.
    Black Freeza
    this series has always been silly and played loose with stuff,but my gosh....it rly feels pointless to even be invested in this crap,with these crazy plot conveniences at random times

anyways,its rly funny to think that freeza had zero chances against someone like jiren,but now he easily 1 shots a goku that has far surpased the old jiren

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunks2017 View Post
    DRAGONBAL Z ended with the majimboo saga, this is dragonball super...aka...something akira toriyama barely took part in.

Toriyama has had consistent input into the direction of Dragon Ball Super since DBS first launched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Toriyama has had consistent input into the direction of Dragon Ball Super since DBS first launched.
    Yup, if I remember correctly he does the outline and the writer(s) of the anime and manga adapt it in their own ways

Did not know this no wonder the first part was pretty good. I stopped watching after that. It might be worthing watching the second part then.

10+ Year Old Account
    This latest arc overstayed its welcome and repeated the same structure time and time again with the back and forth between Gas and Goku/Vegeta/Granolah, but the ending was pretty good. I know a lot of people probably groaned at Freeza having a new transformation that is yet another recolor when Cooler's transformation design is right there waiting to be used, but still...

I am not expecting anything, but this is a golden chance. With Freeza being the strongest mortal in the universe, he no longer has to worry about anyone being a threat other than Beerus (who just sits on his ass and lets Freeza do whatever he wants anyway), provided he keeps up his training to make sure he isn't surpassed again. Due to his empire, he controls a significant part of the known universe. He controls a bunch of planets that the author can just pull out of his ass because why not, the universe is a big place. He just had a room of spirit and time sitting on one of his empire's planets, what else can he gain access to?

I haven't watched Super Hero yet but apparently you see Freeza with the Namekian Dragon Balls. He knows these balls have a password, so surely he has a plan. I'm sure he has an information network that puts Elec to shame. He took Macki and Oil under his wing. They're not Gas, but they can be capable fighters too (we know they can unleash their nature or whatever like Gas did). No one is a threat for him now, he can fill his army with the best warriors he can find around the universe and have them train - he has felt the results himself now. With his power (both fighting and wealth/control) he can make that Zuno dude tell him anything he wants.

The Moro and Granolah arcs had the issue of repeating the same beats too many times and dragging on for too long, which with a monthly 40-page release can become pretty annoying and boring for readers. But I feel the ending of this arc has so much potential and almost none of it will be explored. Freeza right now is in a position to be a moving goal (always ahead of the heroes until they decide to put his character to rest) and be the series' "final boss".

Super has had a lot of issues both in the anime and manga, but Freeza is a character that, outside of his embarrassing showing in Resurrection F, has been treated with a lot of respect and his characterization has been on point most of the time. The potential is there. Will Toyotarou actually do anything good with it? We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Teamfourstar with the Buu Bits.

I wish they would do more
    But that's the closest thing we can get for the buu arc

I kinda want to see Vegeta spend like a few hours in HFIL for their Cell in HFIL series before he gets called back to the living world to fix the mess he made.