10+ Year Old Account

found this,atleast it's english lol

(didn't watch whole thing so sorry if it sucks)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by divinepurpose View Post

found this,atleast it's english lol

(didn't watch whole thing so sorry if it sucks)

me gusta!!!!!!

me freista

10+ Year Old Account
    Those aliens in Episode of Bardock are soooooo cute.

Also, the whole premise of that episode confused me. Bardock is hit by Frieza's attack, yet he is transported into the distant past as himself, turns into a Super Saiyan and kills Frieza's ancestor. Is he actually dead and this is some flash of knowledge prior to his demise? Or does he actually go back in time and become his own great x20 grandfather?

Also: DAT english dub. Chris Ayres is amazing!
    Last edited by Nadev; 2012-04-13 at 03:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is episode of Bardock even canon though? I thought it was part of those videos that were side projects for Dragon Ball Online or something. Or at least, not made by Toriyama.

10+ Year Old Account
    I demand and episode where Bardock goes find the saiyans then when he gets there the original Legendary Super Saiyan is there going bananas in Golden Ozaru form then Bardock tells the Saiyans to go to planet Plant, blows up the planet and himself concluding the story line of how the Saiyans got to Plant and nicely tying up the Bardock and Original SS storyline. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, after thinking about it, the Saiyans are a rather shitty race. They get annihilated, twice, and the surviving members can't even keep from trying to kill each other. Vegeta claims honor and all that for being a Saiyan, a proud race, but he can't even bother to try to keep his own race alive, of whom he's their leader, and tries to kill the remaining members. So, yeah, the half-Saiyans are the only decent ones outside Goku, at least Goku bothered to keep Vegeta alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Episode of Bardock is non-canon, but I have to ask. Out of the thousands (millions?) hit by Frieza's attack, why is Bardock the only one sent through time?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Omega Shenron, I love when he was looking for the four star dragon ball and Goku found it and ate it before Omega Shenron could, made me laugh because it appeared on his forehead XD

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 03:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You know, after thinking about it, the Saiyans are a rather shitty race. They get annihilated, twice, and the surviving members can't even keep from trying to kill each other. Vegeta claims honor and all that for being a Saiyan, a proud race, but he can't even bother to try to keep his own race alive, of whom he's their leader, and tries to kill the remaining members. So, yeah, the half-Saiyans are the only decent ones outside Goku, at least Goku bothered to keep Vegeta alive.
    I think the reason for Goku keeping Vegeta alive is the interaction and being raised with humans, while Vegeta was among Saiyans which were thought to fight between each other and as a leader he always had to be stronger than any other Saiyan, while that wasnt achieved because of Goku being stronger.
    Last edited by Electroso; 2012-04-13 at 07:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I'm pretty sure Episode of Bardock is non-canon, but I have to ask. Out of the thousands (millions?) hit by Frieza's attack, why is Bardock the only one sent through time?
    Perhaps his ability to see into the future and break the normal flow of time allowed himself to do it. Also, perhaps unlike the people who gave him his new abilities, his already existing, greater than average power allowed him to surpass what the ability was normally intended to do.
    Last edited by Rageissues; 2012-04-13 at 08:13 AM. Reason: spelling error

So since bardock went back in time...is HE the legendary super saiyan? (watch the full movie it leans towards it)

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    So since bardock went back in time...is HE the legendary super saiyan? (watch the full movie it leans towards it)
    Yes, he is, altough not necessary the one that blew up Saiyan homeworld. It was already said in this thread that there were 2 Legendary Super Saiyans at that time - Bardock who went back in time, transformed and killed Chilled, starting the legend of Super Saiyans among Frieza's family; and unnamed Legenday Super Saiyan that blew up Saiyan homeworld.

We can consider Episode of Bardock cannon, since somehow the legend of Super Saiyan had to start among Frieza's family, and this one shows how it did start.
    Last edited by rad586; 2012-04-13 at 08:48 AM.

Episode of Bardock's canonicity is certainly up for debate. Its manga was not made by Akira Toriyama, but it was made by a good friend of his, Ooishi Naho. She also did the manga for Heya! Son Goku and his friends return. And from what I understand, that was Toriyama's idea, but he was too lazy to actually do the manga.

As of right now, Episode of Bardock isn't officially tied to anything in particular. It's just a special done by Toei, based on Ooishi Naho's manga. But the idea of Bardock being saved from Frieza's blast has actually been used in DBO.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Miira

So the question is then, how canon is DBO? Well, considering the timeline, and the game's entire story was made by Toriyama, I would say it's more canon than GT. The events of the game seem to conflict with the GT timeline, which could actually confirm GT as non-canon, but I'm not ready to go that far yet. We all know the way mmos work. The story isn't done yet, and since the game deals heavily with time travel it may not actually conflict with GT. I'll make up my mind when I see the complete story.

10+ Year Old Account
    read over toybles fan (amazingly well done fn made) manga dragon ball AF

ooooh the fun u can have with non cannon, Broly being wished back via dragon balls, tapion training to be a supreme kai

seeing 2 more members of freizas race (other siblings it seems, ALTHOUGH ITS TECHICALLY 3 IF YOU INCLUDE THE IZE SAGA) but i cannot find the ize saga in full just up to gohan ss5

10+ Year Old Account
    can someone list all dragon ball cinema movies and tell when they happen during db?
    ive just watched the mystical adventure. its happening during dragon ball before tien and chiaotzu became friends. also watched the dead zone and its happening before dragon ball z starts. and now im about to start watching the path to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Episode of Bardock's canonicity is certainly up for debate. Its manga was not made by Akira Toriyama, but it was made by a good friend of his, Ooishi Naho. She also did the manga for Heya! Son Goku and his friends return. And from what I understand, that was Toriyama's idea, but he was too lazy to actually do the manga.

As of right now, Episode of Bardock isn't officially tied to anything in particular. It's just a special done by Toei, based on Ooishi Naho's manga. But the idea of Bardock being saved from Frieza's blast has actually been used in DBO.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Miira

So the question is then, how canon is DBO? Well, considering the timeline, and the game's entire story was made by Toriyama, I would say it's more canon than GT. The events of the game seem to conflict with the GT timeline, which could actually confirm GT as non-canon, but I'm not ready to go that far yet. We all know the way mmos work. The story isn't done yet, and since the game deals heavily with time travel it may not actually conflict with GT. I'll make up my mind when I see the complete story.
    Keep in mind the theory of different timelines - what Trunks said in DBZ: if you change anything in the past, your future won't be affected, you'll just create an alternate timeline which happened after said change in the past. That's why altough Future Trunks saved Goku from the disease in DBZ timeline, he was still dead because of it in his.

Because of this GT will be canon for the time being (untill they decide to either re-do it or restart from the end of DBZ) as much as DBO is and vice versa.

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    can someone list all dragon ball cinema movies and tell when they happen during db?
    ive just watched the mystical adventure. its happening during dragon ball before tien and chiaotzu became friends. also watched the dead zone and its happening before dragon ball z starts. and now im about to start watching the path to power.
    Some of them just can't be placed of the Dragonball timeline, as it would cause few paradoxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    Best you're gonna get: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Movies

As said, some of them don't really fit and can't possibly fit. But the Wiki does its best.

Edit: Actually, no, that doesn't even explain most of them. Grrr. You'll have to click on each one specifically to check the continuity.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-04-13 at 10:20 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every character in DBZ is unique and I like them all,
    however my favorite would be Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Keep in mind the theory of different timelines - what Trunks said in DBZ: if you change anything in the past, your future won't be affected, you'll just create an alternate timeline which happened after said change in the past. That's why altough Future Trunks saved Goku from the disease in DBZ timeline, he was still dead because of it in his.

Because of this GT will be canon for the time being (untill they decide to either re-do it or restart from the end of DBZ) as much as DBO is and vice versa.

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 09:55 PM ----------

Some of them just can't be placed of the Dragonball timeline, as it would cause few paradoxes.
    Well, I would say you're correct, but DBO time travel seems to work differently, as does the time travel in Episode of Bardock. What you say is how I've always thought of time travel in DBZ as it prevents paradoxes. Bardock clearly changes his own timeline though, as he is the reason Frieza is afraid of Super Saiyans. That's a direct contradiction to Trunks' theory.

My current theory is that Miira's Time Breakers and Trunks' Time Patrol use a more advanced form of time travel that actually allows you to alter the events of the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to throw this out there for everyone. Couldn't stop laughing first time I saw this.

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanKyu View Post
    Every character in DBZ is unique and I like them all,
    however my favorite would be Vegeta.
    Mine changes depending on my mood. Gohan/Vegeta swap places as my favourite often.

Can't believe I only just found this thread, Scumbag satan is win =)

Though in the abridged Vegeta is miles above everyone, I hope Littlekuriboh voices Cell if they go that far, he's been so good as Frieza