10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    http://i43.tinypic.com/2ib1baa.jpg
    or http://i41.tinypic.com/fof628.jpg

Also is there a way to put images on here without uploading to image hosting site? or no
    No, as I mentioned above, you have to host it to an image hosting site. Edited your post too, those images were way too big.

10+ Year Old Account

Switched to a different scouter model so the view piece fits better over the glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Plus image type limits (jpg., etc.), plus size limits (100px x 100 px). Plus, you can't upload em straight here from your PC. I don't know if that option even still exists, but you can't. have to upload it to an image hosting size, preferably Imgur.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 08:52 PM ----------

Oh, I had an issue with my current avatar. I think jpg worked but not png
    I find that interesting. Because with my current avatar that I made the other day I could not get it to work with the links I usually use for them. Even though it was 100x100 and less then 20kb. Just kept saying invalid file. I ended up having to use option two and just upload it straight from my computer. Also,Of course I had it sized properly and everything, it's not like I tried to upload a giant image hoping it would change it for me. That's what the image hosting site is for.

Edit: After thinking about it for a bit. I just resized the image with the hosting website and tried to link it and it did not work. So I ended up right clicking it and saving it on my computer to try to upload(that slipped my mind). Maybe when I did that I changed the file type, that's probably why I was getting invalid file at first.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-15 at 02:07 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Well my last two avatars were Wow screenshots and I uploaded those straight from my computer and it seems like those would be rather large. Sorry those pictures were so big didn't know they were going to be. The format was.bmp but maybe it will work now that I put them on the website.. I guess I will try.

No still did not work

10+ Year Old Account

Oh Zoma I made it work right before you did that by converting it, however, I like yours better :P

Well my last two avatars were Wow screenshots and I uploaded those straight from my computer and it seems like those would be rather large. Sorry those pictures were so big didn't know they were going to be. The format was.bmp but maybe it will work now that I put them on the website.. I guess I will try.

No still did not work
    I use imageshack, it take 2 seconds to sign up. Then when you upload images you can choose to make it resize them for you to various sizes, including avatar or msg board size, or thumbnails, whatever.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Oooh Oooh episode 29 is out on team fourstar's website, but it is called episode 28. I realized this when I found 2 episode 28's. Watching now

Too short
    Last edited by Lymph; 2012-04-15 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished watching the new Abridged. Spoiler alert: No Super Saiyan

Loved the conversation between Goku and Piccolo while Goku was making the Spirit Bomb.

I liked the return of the chargin' my attack "song" (if you can call it that!)

Oh and Krillan, well... I think we all know what happened to him.
    Last edited by CursedEmbrace; 2012-04-15 at 03:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we all knew it would be Krillin reading the opening segment this time. Frieza will probably do the next one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I think we all knew it would be Krillin reading the opening segment this time. Frieza will probably do the next one.
    Or Goku.

Did anyone notice Yamcha and Tien, especially Tien, had different voices?

Okay, well I have returned with a few questions I wouldn't mind some people's opinions on.

The first being that Vegeta was capable of destroying the Earth with the Galick Gun then much later Buu destroys the world with a single attack that he didn't really seem he was trying with... fast-forward to GT (although we have likely already passed the point where this is an issue), power levels keep increasing and by the time Omega is fought how come the missed energy blasts, the deflected and so forth are only causing explosions instead of... you know... cracking the earth like an egg? This isn't a thing with Omega alone, just he is the most glaring example seeing as he's the most powerful enemy in GT.

Also, Laurcus at one point stated (I believe in the Goku vs Superman thread at the very least) that Strength = Defence = Speed (in DBZ at least) or something similar so... if Perfect Cell > Vegeta how come Final Flash obliterated Cell's left arm and wing? If Cell had not moved (which I assume he did) would he have been possibly wholly destroyed or left with only a few remnants of himself to regenerate from? Was he merely allowing himself to be damaged so he could regenerate and kind of rub his power in Vegeta's face some?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    This page from the manga implies that Gero prefered the power-absorption type because they are more obedient, as the cyborg type were too strong to control. As a subordinate, the power-absorption type would be superior, but it seems Gero is aware that the cyborg types are stronger. Since he doesn't have to worry about himself disobeying, wouldn't that make the cyborg type better for himself?

Btw, how is it that he is intelligent enough to construct several androids capable of Super Saiyan strength or higher using human technology, but he thinks a robot that can run out of energy is better than one with infinite energy?
    well from what i can see was not tested, he likly had no idea how 17 and 18 would work

also from a strategy stand point, your opponets like to shoot out energy. why not make somthing that takes that and uses it against them.

---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 04:48 AM ----------

episode 29 (28 part 2) felt kinda rushed

but hey

30 is gunnnaaa rooooccckkkk

---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 05:03 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 05:05 AM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CursedEmbrace View Post
    Okay, well I have returned with a few questions I wouldn't mind some people's opinions on.

The first being that Vegeta was capable of destroying the Earth with the Galick Gun then much later Buu destroys the world with a single attack that he didn't really seem he was trying with... fast-forward to GT (although we have likely already passed the point where this is an issue), power levels keep increasing and by the time Omega is fought how come the missed energy blasts, the deflected and so forth are only causing explosions instead of... you know... cracking the earth like an egg? This isn't a thing with Omega alone, just he is the most glaring example seeing as he's the most powerful enemy in GT.

Also, Laurcus at one point stated (I believe in the Goku vs Superman thread at the very least) that Strength = Defence = Speed (in DBZ at least) or something similar so... if Perfect Cell > Vegeta how come Final Flash obliterated Cell's left arm and wing? If Cell had not moved (which I assume he did) would he have been possibly wholly destroyed or left with only a few remnants of himself to regenerate from? Was he merely allowing himself to be damaged so he could regenerate and kind of rub his power in Vegeta's face some?
    On the first one, I would guess that the fighters don't put 100% of their energy into one blast. If they did, they'd be banking on that one shot, because they would be completely out of it the rest of the fight. I believe this has happened before in the series as well. I recall when Goku first used his teleport Kamehameha, everybody was freaking out, because the energy would have been enough to blow up the planet. Then he teleported and blasted Cell in the face. Even before GT, their power levels were high enough that they should have been able to destroy a planet with just a thought, so who knows.

On the second, I believe there was a line in there somewhere about Vegeta missing, which is why he only kind of blew off one half of Cell. I'm pretty sure Cell was just letting him hit him, taunting him and flaunting his power. Because Vegeta had to take a ton of time to charge it up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    On the second, I believe there was a line in there somewhere about Vegeta missing, which is why he only kind of blew off one half of Cell. I'm pretty sure Cell was just letting him hit him, taunting him and flaunting his power. Because Vegeta had to take a ton of time to charge it up anyway.
    Vegeta did not miss. His attack was extremely powerful, but slow, so he taunted Cell saying he's too weak to take it full on or something like that.
    Cell was so confident in himself that he stood in place while Vegeta was charging his attack, and only just before it hit Cell, he realized how powerful it is ..... still, he managed to move ever so slightly to not be completely blown into dust.

As to strength=defence=speed thing ...... if the attack is powerful enough, it will obliterate defences, and if it will be a slow attack - you have to trick the enemy so that you can hit him. Vegeta played on Cell's confidence and pride while charging his attack (which, as I said, was extremely powerful).

Deleted
    Dragonball is the reason why I took bodybuilding and Muay Thai. The manga/anime really changed my life lol. I was a (probably morbidly) obese kid with a lot of self esteem issues throughout kindergarden and primary school. I wonder how strong Krillin and Tien are at their peak.

"Did you just hold a grudge?" killed me. Probably because I just watched he Frieza saga the other day and was thinking just that during that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by CursedEmbrace View Post

Hiya. As was said already, it's likely that fighters don't put all of their power into one blast. You also have to consider though, that size does not indicate strength. In the 23rd World Martial Arts tournament when Piccolo powers up he unleashes an energy blast that's so big it all but vaporizes what appears to be several miles. This is one of the biggest attacks in the entire franchise. Yet, it is completely inferior to smaller attacks like the Stardust Breaker or the x100 Big Bang Kamehameha Wave.

And for the record, what I originally said was energy=strength=defense, though it's accurate enough to throw speed in there as well, even though it's more of a subsection of energy.

It seems that energy blasts can essentially be highly condensed. My theory is that the size is determined by 2 main factors. One, how the fighter shapes their blast, and two, how much energy is put into it percent wise.

For example. Vegeta's Final Flash is huge, but the energy itself is a pittance compared to SS4 Gogeta's energy. The reason for that would be that Vegeta was losing control. Since he lost control, he couldn't condense the energy as much. If Gogeta were to use an attack with the same exact amount of energy, he could probably turn it into a small ray the size of an eye beam. On the other hand though, Gogeta could use a lesser amount of energy, and spread it out so that it destroys entire stars and solar systems.

The reason the Final Flash hurt Cell so much though is because he straight up underestimated Vegeta. He sat there and took the brunt of Vegeta's energy without even trying to block it. That's just dumb. Even though Cell was stronger, it wasn't by enough to completely nullify an all in attack like that.

Oooh Oooh episode 29 is out on team fourstar's website, but it is called episode 28. I realized this when I found 2 episode 28's. Watching now

Too short
    hmm, about what are you talking ? am i missing something? ;d