15+ Year Old Account
    Still loving DBZ .. have all the movies, episodes db dbz dbgt and dbkai on DVD .. like 80 DVDs or so

Maybe ill check m out sometime soon <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiruz View Post
    hmm, about what are you talking ? am i missing something? ;d
    Dragon Ball Z: Abridged. A fan made parody of DBZ. It. Is. Hilarious.

I remember seeing on the fourstar website in one of the really early behind the scenes videos or something that they have scheduled all the way up until the Cell saga. I was thinking they would stop there but with them not doing something crazy with the Krillin owned count this episode I think they may be keeping it going. Meaning they will be going into the Cell/android sagas. Kind of far fetched I know, but I hope, plus it's getting more and more popular by the day.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-15 at 12:21 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

the fighters don't put 100% of their energy into one blast. If they did, they'd be banking on that one shot, because they would be completely out of it the rest of the fight.
    Hiya. As was said already, it's likely that fighters don't put all of their power into one blast. You also have to consider though, that size does not indicate strength. In the 23rd World Martial Arts tournament when Piccolo powers up he unleashes an energy blast that's so big it all but vaporizes what appears to be several miles. This is one of the biggest attacks in the entire franchise. Yet, it is completely inferior to smaller attacks like the Stardust Breaker or the x100 Big Bang Kamehameha Wave.
    Oh I get that but if Vegeta was what? 17k odd in PL and had an attack to destroy the world and yet after it failed he still had energy to fight (albeit less) if we jump forward then I'd expect that attacks that could destroy the world to really be easy to pull off and not take too much power and by the later stages (Cell, Buu and GT) I'd think even the nothing dime a dozen blasts that people throw about all willy nilly would have to be created with enough power (I'd think) to have the intent of damaging your opponent, which would surely make many if not all of these easily blocked or deflected energy balls more powerful than the Galick Gun which was very early in the show.

And for the record, what I originally said was energy=strength=defense, though it's accurate enough to throw speed in there as well, even though it's more of a subsection of energy.
    Sorry for the misquoting.
    It seems that energy blasts can essentially be highly condensed. My theory is that the size is determined by 2 main factors. One, how the fighter shapes their blast, and two, how much energy is put into it percent wise.

For example. Vegeta's Final Flash is huge, but the energy itself is a pittance compared to SS4 Gogeta's energy. The reason for that would be that Vegeta was losing control. Since he lost control, he couldn't condense the energy as much. If Gogeta were to use an attack with the same exact amount of energy, he could probably turn it into a small ray the size of an eye beam. On the other hand though, Gogeta could use a lesser amount of energy, and spread it out so that it destroys entire stars and solar systems.

The reason the Final Flash hurt Cell so much though is because he straight up underestimated Vegeta. He sat there and took the brunt of Vegeta's energy without even trying to block it. That's just dumb. Even though Cell was stronger, it wasn't by enough to completely nullify an all in attack like that.
    Well I do also recall you saying (although I believe this was only a personal theory of yours) that energy would kind of innately protect it's user if an incoming attack would deal significant harm to them, I believe you said this when someone asked about Krillan throwing a rock at a sleeping Goku, expecting him to be unharmed but it or maybe just catch it before it hit him.

How would you reconcile your own theory on energy when the clearly stronger Cell had an arm blown off by Final Flash?
    Last edited by CursedEmbrace; 2012-04-15 at 08:47 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This just struck me, but... why don't we see Piccolo in the ending of DBGT at the Tournament? Don't Namekians live ridiculously long lives? He was like, barely even 30-35 around that area (before the leap forward to 100 years in the future), if my assumption of timeline is correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    he is in hell

7:00 - 8:15 is the piccolo part

also, /cry a little inside
    Last edited by Ibeblinkin; 2012-04-15 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    This just struck me, but... why don't we see Piccolo in the ending of DBGT at the Tournament? Don't Namekians live ridiculously long lives? He was like, barely even 30-35 around that area (before the leap forward to 100 years in the future), if my assumption of timeline is correct.
    He died in the explosion of Earth which was caused by Black Star Dragonballs. He died on purpose, so that Black Star Dragonballs would be useless forever.

He went to the heaven, but decided to mess around abit in order to be sent to hell instead, so that he could help Goku get out of there (he was trapped there when various villains came out of hell to terrorize the Earth). He then helped keep everything in check down there.

What I remembered just now is that we don't see Muten Roshi there. The guy who actually drank the potion of Eternal Life

10+ Year Old Account
    We dont see master roshi, but he is alive.

i like toybles last fan manga, master roshi dies of a heart attack (eternal life =/= immortal to health problems) look it up, will make ninjas cut onions next to ur eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    We dont see master roshi, but he is alive.

i like toybles last fan manga, master roshi dies of a heart attack (eternal life =/= immortal to health problems) look it up, will make ninjas cut onions next to ur eyes.
    I know he is (supposedly) alive, but it's strange that he severed any ties with Goku's family ..... He even stopped going to Tenkaichi Tournament, the event he's been visiting ever since he trained Goku ..... you would think that Pan would tip him that Goku's descendant would participate in it.

The second half of the last episode of GT is one huge BS plot-wise ......

- Bulma's family completely severing their ties with Goku's family (Vegeta Jr.'s mother had no idea who Pan is).
    - Muten Roshi not coming to Tenkaichi Tournament, severing any ties with Goku's family, even though it was shown in the first episodes of GT that he knew Pan and Pan knew him.
    - Vegeta Jr. and Goku Jr. able to become SSJ2 even though it was stated that anyone with less than 1/2 (or was it 1/4 ?) Saiyan blood cannot reach even SSJ1. (not that it's a bad idea ....)
    - Goku making an appearence without his tail, looking like he was in his 40's-50's
    - Hell, even Goku Jr.'s parents haven't come to see their son participate.
    Last edited by rad586; 2012-04-15 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well who knows why

over time people move, things happen, connections lost. easier example to accept it the bulma and goku families over time forgetting each other. dont forget in one point when they all met up it had been 5 years since they all last met (the same meet up where chichi and bulma joke around about switching husbands, and dis yamcha)

master roshi likly finally found the only flaw with ever lasting life..... everyone you once knew is dead, toyble expresses this well in his fan manga.

also

i mean, its not like they have Facebook in the dbz world

chichi has tagged gohan in album baby pictures
    bulma,vegeta,cui,videl,pan,freiza,cell like this
    comments:
    Kid Buu: LOOOOOOOLLLL
    gohan: MOM WHY!
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-04-15 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    I know he is (supposedly) alive, but it's strange that he severed any ties with Goku's family ..... He even stopped going to Tenkaichi Tournament, the event he's been visiting ever since he trained Goku ..... you would think that Pan would tip him that Goku's descendant would participate in it.

The second half of the last episode of GT is one huge BS plot-wise ......

- Bulma's family completely severing their ties with Goku's family (Vegeta Jr.'s mother had no idea who Pan is).
    - Muten Roshi not coming to Tenkaichi Tournament, severing any ties with Goku's family, even though it was shown in the first episodes of GT that he knew Pan and Pan knew him.
    - Vegeta Jr. and Goku Jr. able to become SSJ2 even though it was stated that anyone with less than 1/2 (or was it 1/4 ?) Saiyan blood cannot reach even SSJ1. (not that it's a bad idea ....)
    - Goku making an appearence without his tail, looking like he was in his 40's-50's
    - Hell, even Goku Jr.'s parents haven't come to see their son participate.
    1, Well, we don't know why Roshi wasn't there. In fact, we don't get a whole lot of context on that time period in general.

2, Goku became a god at the end of GT when he absorbed the Dragonballs. Goku also could have simply been hiding his tail. Remember, adult Broly has a tail, even though we never see it.

3, Goku. jr's parents are never seen, even in A Hero's Legacy. It is implied though that they died, as Goku jr. "pleads to god to not leave him alone" when Pan is hospitalized.

While it is stated in the Daizenshuu that no one with less than 1/4th Saiyan blood can go Super Saiyan, I think we can consider that to either be non-canon or simply misleading. I consider it to sort of be non-canon, as Dragonball Online completely disregards that. Human player characters actually have the capability to become Super Saiyans, just for being descendants of Goku. And that takes place 200 years after Z, so their blood would be even more diluted than Goku jr.'s.

One could also say that it's simply misleading. Even in the real world, genetic atavisms happen, so it's not impossible that the Super Saiyan gene could be passed on to someone with only a single bit of Saiyan DNA. In fact, it would theoretically be possible for someone to be born half Saiyan even if they were Goku's great great great great great great great great great great great grandchild with mostly Human ancestors.

Science!

10+ Year Old Account
    I found this article on dragonball wikia where apperantly in a game called Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai - Another Road, they explain what happens in the Future Timeline with Majin Buu i don't know how canon it is but they slap just about every character in there lol and also Mystic Future Gohan, (Hells to the yes). Full article can be found here : http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dra...-_Another_Road

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    I found this article on dragonball wikia where apperantly in a game called Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai - Another Road, they explain what happens in the Future Timeline with Majin Buu i don't know how canon it is but they slap just about every character in there lol and also Mystic Future Gohan, (Hells to the yes). Full article can be found here : http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dra...-_Another_Road
    very interesting,hard to read with "future" infront of everything though,felt weird

wish they'd make this into a show though,would be so awesome
    Last edited by Ibeblinkin; 2012-04-15 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    It seems that energy blasts can essentially be highly condensed. My theory is that the size is determined by 2 main factors. One, how the fighter shapes their blast, and two, how much energy is put into it percent wise.

For example. Vegeta's Final Flash is huge, but the energy itself is a pittance compared to SS4 Gogeta's energy. The reason for that would be that Vegeta was losing control. Since he lost control, he couldn't condense the energy as much. If Gogeta were to use an attack with the same exact amount of energy, he could probably turn it into a small ray the size of an eye beam. On the other hand though, Gogeta could use a lesser amount of energy, and spread it out so that it destroys entire stars and solar systems.

The reason the Final Flash hurt Cell so much though is because he straight up underestimated Vegeta. He sat there and took the brunt of Vegeta's energy without even trying to block it. That's just dumb. Even though Cell was stronger, it wasn't by enough to completely nullify an all in attack like that.
    Freeza's Death Beam is the best example of condensed energy. Granted, Krillin could be hurt by a fly, but he also used it on Piccolo. As far as Cell goes, yeah, it seems that you can basically "turn off" your energy, in order to take a hit on purpose. Vegeta being hit by krillin so he could be healed by Dende is a good example of that.

Deleted
    When Nappa comes back to earth via the portal to Hell - GOD DAMNIT NAPPA!

I do wish GT would have been longer.. I'd have liked to have seen what Goku did after he absorbed the Dragon balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifalna View Post
    When Nappa comes back to earth via the portal to Hell - GOD DAMNIT NAPPA!

I do wish GT would have been longer.. I'd have liked to have seen what Goku did after he absorbed the Dragon balls.
    He probably ate dinner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    He probably ate dinner.
    You're probably right. He probably wished himself (using the power of the Dragon balls, if he could) a never-ending supply of food, as he was taken away from the fridge of plenty on planet Imecka. If I were him I'd have eaten it THEN ran away like a fugitive, no harm in eating what's there.

10+ Year Old Account

That buu is quite frightening

Quote Originally Posted by CursedEmbrace View Post
    Oh I get that but if Vegeta was what? 17k odd in PL and had an attack to destroy the world and yet after it failed he still had energy to fight (albeit less) if we jump forward then I'd expect that attacks that could destroy the world to really be easy to pull off and not take too much power and by the later stages (Cell, Buu and GT) I'd think even the nothing dime a dozen blasts that people throw about all willy nilly would have to be created with enough power (I'd think) to have the intent of damaging your opponent, which would surely make many if not all of these easily blocked or deflected energy balls more powerful than the Galick Gun which was very early in the show.

Sorry for the misquoting.

Well I do also recall you saying (although I believe this was only a personal theory of yours) that energy would kind of innately protect it's user if an incoming attack would deal significant harm to them, I believe you said this when someone asked about Krillan throwing a rock at a sleeping Goku, expecting him to be unharmed but it or maybe just catch it before it hit him.

How would you reconcile your own theory on energy when the clearly stronger Cell had an arm blown off by Final Flash?
    Derp, I missed your post earlier.

Okay, first off, yes, I believe that pretty much all energy attacks thrown later in Z and in GT have the energy to destroy a planet. That being said, they do not have the mass. They can spallate an ounce of granite, but not destroy the Earth just die to not being large enough.

Secondly, I believe that Cell was stronger than Vegeta, but not by enough to protect himself from the Final Flash. It was essentially an all in attacks, packing more power than Vegeta's defense, strength, or energy would normally be able to deal with. And yes, as Pendulous said, someone can drop their defenses. Since defense is energy based, anyone that can control their energy could weaken themselves.