Derp, I missed your post earlier.
    Oh it was being looked over by mods or some such I think so it didn't appear when I actually posted it.

What you've all said makes as much sense as anything.

Kind of surprised you don't have a DB/Z/GT avatar Laurcus since you seem to like the show so much, even saw you post in that US navy thread about how Goku would win.

Not wanting to go off on too much of a tangent what is your avatar? When I first saw it I thought it was Doctor Doom, although on much closer inspection these days I can't imagine it is.

Also, to say something DB related, although not massively related to anything recently discussed I really did dislike how they brought back Frieza to have him get effortlessly smashed by Trunks, I get that they were trying to establish him and show him off and stuff but I really feel like they made what was easily the most powerful enemy in the series up till now look like a joke, which they further told at least two more times when Frieza showed up, at least once with Cell to be humiliated for no real reason.

Also, talking about transformations some pages back (albeit Saiyan transformations) how do you think Frieza's kind get theirs? Do they all know say 1, 2 and 3? Cooler made out that he discovered the 5th so perhaps they gain them through training or something? King Cold never expressly stated (and nothing canon ever has?) that he could go beyond his second form so what do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by CursedEmbrace View Post
    Oh it was being looked over by mods or some such I think so it didn't appear when I actually posted it.

What you've all said makes as much sense as anything.

Kind of surprised you don't have a DB/Z/GT avatar Laurcus since you seem to like the show so much, even saw you post in that US navy thread about how Goku would win.

Not wanting to go off on too much of a tangent what is your avatar? When I first saw it I thought it was Doctor Doom, although on much closer inspection these days I can't imagine it is.

Also, to say something DB related, although not massively related to anything recently discussed I really did dislike how they brought back Frieza to have him get effortlessly smashed by Trunks, I get that they were trying to establish him and show him off and stuff but I really feel like they made what was easily the most powerful enemy in the series up till now look like a joke, which they further told at least two more times when Frieza showed up, at least once with Cell to be humiliated for no real reason.

Also, talking about transformations some pages back (albeit Saiyan transformations) how do you think Frieza's kind get theirs? Do they all know say 1, 2 and 3? Cooler made out that he discovered the 5th so perhaps they gain them through training or something? King Cold never expressly stated (and nothing canon ever has?) that he could go beyond his second form so what do you all think?
    My avatar is Nero Angelo from the original Devil May Cry. I originally put him down as my avatar because, well, he's just a beast. Observe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZYfb...eature=related

One of the most difficult bosses, ever. I think the only boss that's ever given me more issues was Theseus in God of War 2 on Titan mode. But anywho, the avatar just kind of grew on me. DMC is my favorite series of games, and I like the fact that I can represent both my favorite anime and my favorite game series in my profile. I've thought about changing it a few times, but meh, I don't really want to. I already have my sig devoted to DBZ.

As for your DBZ question, not much is known about the Frieza-species. The only bit of data we really have on them, is they run the Planet Trade Organization, and they might be the Arcosians mentioned by King Kai. Hell, we don't even know if they age. For all we know, Frieza may have been alive when his ancestor Lord Chilled was killed. I would pay money to know more about them though.

Edit: Hey! We just reached 1000 posts!
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-04-16 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "If I had any single regret for the countless horrific events that have transpired in my wake...it's that I'm dying."

My favorite part of Episode 29 xD

Deleted
    Laurcus, you're due for a random fact =p

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Edit: Hey! We just reached 1000 posts!
    Prepare to be flooded by Raditz when we hit 1200. I've been waiting for it lol.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Healarious View Post
    Laurcus, you're due for a random fact =p
    Random Fact #14! (will edit in the number once I'm feeling less lazy and I actually check what I'm up to)

Master Roshi's address is NBI 8250012 B.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-05-09 at 11:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched the first 3 episodes of DBZ Abridged. OMFG that is hilarious! /BRBPOPCORN!
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

So Frieza is the head of the PTO (parent teacher organization) eh? lol
    @duncan was 1200 Raditz's PL? so with 1200 posts this thread will be worth 1 raditz?

Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    So Frieza is the head of the PTO (parent teacher organization) eh? lol
    @duncan was 1200 Raditz's PL? so with 1200 posts this thread will be worth 1 raditz?
    Precisely.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

i hate to think what will happen when we reach OVER 9000!
    I see Stupid people!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadNotSleeping View Post
    i hate to think what will happen when we reach OVER 9000!
    the thread will implode

Quote Originally Posted by divinepurpose View Post
    the thread will implode
    The one with the post number 9001 will have to edit it and add Vegeta crushing his scouter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    The one with the post number 9001 will have to edit it and add Vegeta crushing his scouter
    sounds like a great idea too me,will take quite a long time to reach over 9000 though

vegeta's waiting

Last edited by Ibeblinkin; 2012-04-16 at 03:23 PM.

Deleted
    Well hello there original me, ya should fuse with a black demon like i did to become awesomeness. (btw my new roleplaying character this is)

And his name is Daimogeta.

And then, after that, we get to reach frieza's PL in postcount.. right?

10+ Year Old Account

Lol was that person actually dressed to be 19 or was some of it shopped?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Lol was that person actually dressed to be 19 or was some of it shopped?
    It's Kim Jong Un, the current leader of North Korea... and therefore definitely shopped lol.

I was just watching the episode "Goku's Assassin" and I saw this... why does 16 have a dirty pervert stache?

Last edited by Rageissues; 2012-04-17 at 04:31 AM.

Oh I did not realize thats who that was :P

And I do not know why 16 seems to have grown a stache.. he doesn't normally have one haha
    and he is fully a robot so.. its crazy!

It's kinda like in dragonball when tien only has one set of abs half the time instead of 2 :P

I've watched the episode of GT when Goku is fighting Baby in Great Ape form ...... Grand Kaioshin said that he wasn't able to control himself due to suspending his training in the middle .....

Which would mean that Vegeta wasn't anything special for controling his Great Ape form, it just mean that he trained to control it. Still, it's GT ..... I have mixed feelings about this.

---------- Post added 2012-04-17 at 11:18 AM ----------

Ok, I have some crazy theory about the Saiyan tails ..... Based on original series, DBZ and GT episodes.

What if they grow back when they train using their body strength ?

I mean, after they learn how to control their Ki/Chi (depends on translation, I'm used to write it as Ki like in subtitles I've seen) they're training only using Ki, which is used to amplify their speed and power of attacks. They completely ignore their body strength, which is shown in DBZ episodes, when Vegeta lowers his Ki so that Krilin can hurt him.

In GT episodes, when Grand Kaioshin was training Goku for a fight with Baby, he told him to grind him Coffee using that ridiculously large grinder. Goku's tail started growing back at that point.
    In original Dragonball, Goku's tail kept growing back after he's done some training (back when he didn't know how to control his Ki).
    In DBZ, when Gohan was young and didn't know how to control his Ki, his tail grew back during the fight with Vegeta, but earlier he's been training with Piccolo.