10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed Goku is not a chosen one, He simply worked hardest at it and never did it for a selfish reason which is why he surpassed Vegeta, who did do it for a selfish reason time and time again

Gohan was considered special, for another reason. Because he is a half saiyan and half saiyans seem to have an easier time going super saiyan, Because most saiyans lack emotions beyond a superficial level (Goku shows a lot of emotion, but not deep ones.) Goku did get angry and upset, as shown with the death of Android 8 which triggered a huge power boost. Same goes for Vegeta where anger seems to be the only emotion he really has. It is when they trigger their polar opposite emotion that they became super saiyans.

Goku lost all control to anger = Become a super saiyan
    Vegeta giving up and becoming sad = becoming a super saiyan
    Bardock actually caring about others = becoming a super saiyan

Notice how this is their opposite emotion. Goku as a goof, Vegeta as an angry person, and Bardock as a pretty cold person.

For the half saiyans, Gohan, Trunks, and Goten. They had human emotions they were not stuck in their primary emotion (goku being goofy and vegeta being serious) Which is why Gohan was able to achieve super saiyan 2.

Gohan simply had to learn to let go of his control of his emotions.

Also notice how the half saiyans have a larger range of emotions than their full counter parts.

Trunks(future) did not fall into this category because he did not train with other super saiyans early on and the concept likly never arose for his time line at least. Trunks likely became a super saiyan because he wanted to make his father proud of him, A trait very common among younger children.

Goten likely became a super saiyan out of being lonely, He did not grow up with his father and his brother eventually went to school leaving him alone, another common childhood trait of some form of abandonment although he still had Chi Chi, most children in 1 parent homes do show that they feel that missing parent should be there.

Pan did not become a super saiyan because of time constraints, although her art work as a super saiyan is used in the online game.

Goku is very unique with not being a chose hero with nothing actually special about them. Think of all other heros especially in Anime, Naruto had a tails beast, Ichigo is part death god, etc

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 08:52 PM ----------

Also none of the half saiyans really had to become their polar opposites other than gohan, even then its not really a polar opposite if its his anger issues that arose constantly.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-08-30 at 08:46 PM.

Hey Genn Canadian's got both versions, certain episodes played rock the dragons and others didn't (not sure why)

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 01:44 PM ----------

What i noticed

It seems bobbity and dabura show up in the future time line years before gohan died, remember they showed up wen trunks was 8, he is around 15 maybe when he goes back in time

I guess they just showed up, realized there was no energy for buu, and left.

if they took buu's ball with them is another story
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-08-31 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how serious this is as I've seen so many of these fake it's not funny. But here ya go, nonetheless.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    dat space Frenchmen

haha looks funny

That seems fake to me, just by the wording, but damn, we need someone that can translate what's being said RIGHT NOW. This could just be an elaborate fake, using a past interview with Toriyama. Those subs could have been made by anyone.

Edit: Is that even Akira Toriyama? It's too blurry for me to accurately make out his facial features. BRB, posting this on the DB wiki. I'll get to the bottom of this shit.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-09-01 at 03:32 PM.

Question. I like DBZ and I kind of just enjoy watching anime and the fights. I dislike the talking. Anywho, reading Laurcus' signature saying that a PL of 14,600 is required to destroy a planet like Earth, why is it that all those super amazing attacks from later in the series don't just up and destroy the planet when they touch the surface? Unless they are ALL using barely any of their true power in those attacks. WHY!!!

Aveline's amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    Question. I like DBZ and I kind of just enjoy watching anime and the fights. I dislike the talking. Anywho, reading Laurcus' signature saying that a PL of 14,600 is required to destroy a planet like Earth, why is it that all those super amazing attacks from later in the series don't just up and destroy the planet when they touch the surface? Unless they are ALL using barely any of their true power in those attacks. WHY!!!
    That's actually a conservative estimate, I think a PL of less than 14,600 is required. But, it's very simple. Power and area of effect aren't directly related. Something can be very small and very powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    also it looks more like the power power level attacks generally have a focus on destroying the planet, but must be focused on the core, causing a chain reaction.

most attacks lacked that focus later on

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    also it looks more like the power power level attacks generally have a focus on destroying the planet, but must be focused on the core, causing a chain reaction.

most attacks lacked that focus later on
    Broly just casually tosses one in a planet's general direction. Kid Buu also blows them up like they're balloons waiting to be popped.

Right but still, shouldn't a PL attack of like.. 1 million lets say. And Im assuming 1 million is conservative in fights like Gogeta or Vegito or whichever one they form. Lets say an attack hits the earth, why does it only create a small divet or a small crater rather than blasting away entire pieces of the planet? I know Im trying to make sense from an anime lol.. But I'm just curious.

Also, why don't the bad guys just always up and destroy the planet? Don't they have enough power to blast through to the core quickly and thus able to kill everyone on that planet? They are bad guys bent on taking over the galaxy solar system universe multiverse.

Aveline's amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    Right but still, shouldn't a PL attack of like.. 1 million lets say. And Im assuming 1 million is conservative in fights like Gogeta or Vegito or whichever one they form. Lets say an attack hits the earth, why does it only create a small divet or a small crater rather than blasting away entire pieces of the planet? I know Im trying to make sense from an anime lol.. But I'm just curious.

Also, why don't the bad guys just always up and destroy the planet? Don't they have enough power to blast through to the core quickly and thus able to kill everyone on that planet? They are bad guys bent on taking over the galaxy solar system universe multiverse.
    It's not like that tactic isn't employed. Cell doesn't blow up the Earth because he wanted to test his perfect form in combat. Super Buu was bored and promised a good fight. Kid Buu does blow up the planet. Baby already thought he'd won, so he had no reason to blow up the Earth. Omega Shenron didn't care because the entire universe was gonna die just from him existing, and he thought he couldn't be beaten, so he didn't care. DBZ villains are very prideful.

And yeah, they break a million way before Vegito and Gogeta. Goku has a PL of 150 million when he fights Frieza.

I'm not sure how I can make my explanation any more simple though. Power doesn't make things bigger in DBZ. If you fire a blast of energy the size of a pea, and you have a power level of 99 Ducentillion, that will vaporize, or even spallate any physical matter it touches, because it's so powerful. But it's still just a pea sized ball of energy. As I said, something can be very small but very powerful. Something can also be very big and very weak. Or any other combination.

Though it doesn't seem like making blasts bigger is particularly difficult for DBZ characters.

Edit: Btw, that video is fake. As someone on the DB wiki pointed out, they don't say Dragon Ball once. Someone else said they appear to be talking about a video game.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-09-01 at 04:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Broly just casually tosses one in a planet's general direction. Kid Buu also blows them up like they're balloons waiting to be popped.
    by that point they dont need to focus it

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    by that point they dont need to focus it
    Maybe, maybe not. There's not really a whole lot of data to go on.

Bought the DBZ movie packs, they don't include history of trunks and bardock....
    Same discs as the steelbooks, but for some reason excluded trunks and bardock from the movie packs.
    Which is retarded because it says on the packaging the whole collection, but its not.
    Also one of the movie packs is a five pack and the other two are 4 packs, they could have easily made the other 4 packs 5 packs like the first one.
    The hell funimation?
    Last edited by iadamson; 2012-09-01 at 04:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    That seems fake to me, just by the wording, but damn, we need someone that can translate what's being said RIGHT NOW. This could just be an elaborate fake, using a past interview with Toriyama. Those subs could have been made by anyone.

Edit: Is that even Akira Toriyama? It's too blurry for me to accurately make out his facial features. BRB, posting this on the DB wiki. I'll get to the bottom of this shit.
    I don't think that's Toriyama

Even if it were Toriyama, look at the subs and listen to what they say, not once do I hear them say "Dragonball (Z)" I don't hear him say Yūgō <Japanese word for fusion> either, nor do I hear "Super Saiyajin"
    I call fake

PS: I called it out in comments because I saw all the positive comments, but then I realized that comments have to be approved, what lame shit is that? If that doesn't scream fake I don't know what does

PSS: Wait, no Dr. Wheelo movie? Ah to be honest I don't care, Cooler seems like a more interesting abridge and I couldn't wait for Salza to make an appearance, who knows, we might see a cameo of Jeice
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2012-09-01 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

ohh sweet baby jesus and his mother mary, where is that picture from? Looks amazing :O
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ