Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    It's actually not made for kids, more of teenagers. Many of the scenes are too mature for kids shows, (people getting cut in half) and show too much blood.

That's not the point though. I don't care if it's made for adults, teens, or 2 year olds, I will never give up DBZ math. It's a way of life for me. I'm not forgetting anything.

Also, random thing. I've been watching the Buu saga, and right now I'm up to the point where Kid Buu shows up. I noticed something kind of odd during Vegito's fight with Super Buu. Super Buu conjured a huge ball of energy, after which he said that whenever he destroys a planet he absorbs a tiny bit of its energy, and that this energy ball is the culmination of eons of destruction. That can't be right though, because Buu was born in the 5 million before age, and a few years later he was sealed in his ball and then Supreme Kai killed Bibidi. Even more strange, Old Kai knew who Buu was, despite being sealed in the Z sword more than 65 million years before Buu was born.

I looked up the definition of the word eon, and it either means an infinite period of time, or 1 billion years. So no matter how you slice it, the DBZ universe is not even 1 eon old, yet Super Buu claimed to have been causing destruction for multiple eons. Continuity error? Possibly. It's also possible we understand Majin Buu's origins even less than I thought.
    This is why you can't put any stock into the dub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

I dunno some american t.v shows have some dark elements

in transformers animated..... ratchet suffers through a very accurate portrayal of PTSD, Bubblebee falsly accused wasp of being a spy leading to wsp being imprisoned/tortured/abused for millions of years leading to hizzzzz innnzzzaannnniitttiiizzzzzzzzz, Starscream has clones based off aspects of his personality with the girl one being "dont ask"

dont even get me started on prime..... that show is dark
    It's certainly gotten better over the years. But look at shows like Yugioh or One Piece and their adventure in "Lul-calization" as Abridged Kaiba put it.

I'd also like to take the time and say Transformers Prime is great.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    It's certainly gotten better over the years. But look at shows like Yugioh or One Piece and their adventure in "Lul-calization" as Abridged Kaiba put it.

I'd also like to take the time and say Transformers Prime is great.

next seasons gunna be boss more boss than dirt boss...... predaking that is all

as for dbz

YES THER WILL BE A NEW MOVIE GUY!

10+ Year Old Account
    next seasons gunna be boss more boss than dirt boss...... predaking that is all
    Wouldn't know all that much about it considering I only really watch it on the Saturday mornings I watch it with my brother when I come back home. I'd say it's the best show they've had since Beast Wars, which was on when I was like 5.
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't know all that much about it considering I only really watch it on the Saturday mornings I watch it with my brother when I come back home. I'd say it's the best show they've had since Beast Wars, which was on when I was like 5.
    It really is similar animation too (modern version of it)
    Season 3 is going to be very good. just google its teaser trailer. it shows megatron pissing him self when he sees predaking

10+ Year Old Account
    It really is similar animation too (modern version of it)
    Season 3 is going to be very good. just google its teaser trailer. it shows megatron pissing him self when he sees predaking
    Which going back and watching episodes on YouTube, it was pretty bad :P

But hey, ancient computer animation is ancient. Story > Graphics in regards to just about anything.
    Men!

10+ Year Old Account
    Which going back and watching episodes on YouTube, it was pretty bad :P

But hey, ancient computer animation is ancient. Story > Graphics in regards to just about anything.

agreed! story means the most

10+ Year Old Account
    ...We're talking about story in DBZ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    DBZ has a story? I thought it was nothing but grunting, flashing lights and explosions?
    Men!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I have this disease that requires continuity in my TV shows, and DBZ just shits all over it.

I mean come on, not to derail anything, but if a show without an actual story like MLP has continuity, surely DBZ could have tried harder. What's canon, what isn't, nobody will ever know.

I've been a huge fan of DBZ for a long time. I recently finished up the Buu Saga and started watching DBGT. I'm about 12 episodes in right now and I must say, they have completely urinated on the Dragon Ball name. No Vegeta? Goku as a kid? If something doesn't change FAST I'm not even going to be able to finish up the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fighting does pick up a bit later, about the time Goku starts fighting Rildo. Then I think it dies off a bit again until Goku fights Baby on Earth. If my memory is correct, the Super 17 arc and Shadow Dragons arc were almost entirely fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    I've been a huge fan of DBZ for a long time. I recently finished up the Buu Saga and started watching DBGT. I'm about 12 episodes in right now and I must say, they have completely urinated on the Dragon Ball name. No Vegeta? Goku as a kid? If something doesn't change FAST I'm not even going to be able to finish up the series.
    It gets "better". "Better" except Goku stays a kind pretty much the whole time. He's normal sized when he's SSJ4, but that's it. I would comment further, but I watched it through once, and not even all of it. You get one cool bad guy that lasts a few episodes, but the rest is just weird ass crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I mean come on, not to derail anything, but if a show without an actual story like MLP has continuity, surely DBZ could have tried harder. What's canon, what isn't, nobody will ever know.
    My theory is that if the manga doesn't directly contradict it, it's canon. I make an exception for some stuff, such as how Cell survived self-destruction. The manga says that as long as the cell in his head survives, he can regenerate, but that had been destroyed earlier by Goku. The dub version makes more sense, where Cell can regenerate as long as any cell in his body survives.

10+ Year Old Account
    My theory is that if the manga doesn't directly contradict it, it's canon. I make an exception for some stuff, such as how Cell survived self-destruction. The manga says that as long as the cell in his head survives, he can regenerate, but that had been destroyed earlier by Goku. The dub version makes more sense, where Cell can regenerate as long as any cell in his body survives.
    This is really how I view most animes. Assuming the manga comes first (sometimes it doesn't but most of the time it does), if the anime of series X coincides with the manga it's based off of, it's canon. This is why I (personally) consider DBGT non-canon. Besides my opinions that the fighting is lame, music is boring and uninteresting, the animation is too "polished" and that things should've just ended for good with the Buu saga.

Also, I forget who it was that turned me on to the idea of the DB-Online game (too lazy to go back and search) but sorry I never got back to you about playing! After a few levels not being able to understand practically any of the language was driving me nuts and I haven't touched it since. x.x

It's actually not made for kids, more of teenagers. Many of the scenes are too mature for kids shows, (people getting cut in half) and show too much blood.

That's not the point though. I don't care if it's made for adults, teens, or 2 year olds, I will never give up DBZ math. It's a way of life for me. I'm not forgetting anything.

Also, random thing. I've been watching the Buu saga, and right now I'm up to the point where Kid Buu shows up. I noticed something kind of odd during Vegito's fight with Super Buu. Super Buu conjured a huge ball of energy, after which he said that whenever he destroys a planet he absorbs a tiny bit of its energy, and that this energy ball is the culmination of eons of destruction. That can't be right though, because Buu was born in the 5 million before age, and a few years later he was sealed in his ball and then Supreme Kai killed Bibidi. Even more strange, Old Kai knew who Buu was, despite being sealed in the Z sword more than 65 million years before Buu was born.

I looked up the definition of the word eon, and it either means an infinite period of time, or 1 billion years. So no matter how you slice it, the DBZ universe is not even 1 eon old, yet Super Buu claimed to have been causing destruction for multiple eons. Continuity error? Possibly. It's also possible we understand Majin Buu's origins even less than I thought.
    From what I know watching japanese version with english subs, Buu was accidentally summoned by Bibidi. Which means Buu might have existed before Bibidi tried to summon something.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Laurcus, your first mistake was assuming the Buu saga makes sense to begin with. It doesn't. We have people that are so powerful in candy form that Buu transforms them back because they are somehow easier to fight with arms and legs. I'm at the same place you are, trying to force myself to finish.

Also, go Goku! Kick Superman's ass.
    Well, Vegito was so powerful it didn't matter if he was candy or a person. He was just fucking with Buu so hard that Buu thought it was easier fighting Vegito as a person, when really, it didn't matter. You gotta understand, the fusion earrings multiply the power of the two fighters together. Think of it this way. SS3 is a x400 increase. Fusion is a multiplier of the other person's power level. So, for example, if Buu saga Goku fused with Saiyan saga Vegeta, he would become 18000x more powerful. A 45 times larger increase than SS3, just for fusing with a Saiyan saga character. Now imagine how retarded even base form Vegito's power must have been, assuming Vegeta's power level was in the hundreds of billions or trillions. It literally would not have mattered if Vegito was a person or a piece of candy or a single cell amoeba, he'd still shit on Buu with that much energy.

And I actually like the Buu saga. It has its moments when it drives me nuts, but overall I enjoy it. And for the most part it makes sense to me.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 10:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    From what I know watching japanese version with english subs, Buu was accidentally summoned by Bibidi. Which means Buu might have existed before Bibidi tried to summon something.
    I'll have to look into that later.

10+ Year Old Account
    story in dbz? dat cell saga

I always liked the buu saga too. There were a lot of funny parts, and fusion was always cool.

Well, Vegito was so powerful it didn't matter if he was candy or a person. He was just fucking with Buu so hard that Buu thought it was easier fighting Vegito as a person, when really, it didn't matter. You gotta understand, the fusion earrings multiply the power of the two fighters together. Think of it this way. SS3 is a x400 increase. Fusion is a multiplier of the other person's power level. So, for example, if Buu saga Goku fused with Saiyan saga Vegeta, he would become 18000x more powerful. A 45 times larger increase than SS3, just for fusing with a Saiyan saga character. Now imagine how retarded even base form Vegito's power must have been, assuming Vegeta's power level was in the hundreds of billions or trillions. It literally would not have mattered if Vegito was a person or a piece of candy or a single cell amoeba, he'd still shit on Buu with that much energy.

And I actually like the Buu saga. It has its moments when it drives me nuts, but overall I enjoy it. And for the most part it makes sense to me.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 10:43 AM ----------

I'll have to look into that later.
    Unless they've released new official multipliers recently (since the only two that come right to mind are the power increase from Super Saiyan and also their were-ape form), the multipliers you listed up there are merely speculation. :P Much like powerlevels listed after Freeza.