Mr. Satan. This character is awful. Awful, horrible, bland, annoying, awful. Awful. I hate this character.
    And Hercule can go die in a fire. I'd be cool with that.
    I actually quite liked the guy.

And, as an aside another character I liked was that black guy at the Buu saga tournament (I think that's when he showed up at any rate) who talked in incomprehensible jive nonsense.
    Last edited by CursedEmbrace; 2012-11-18 at 06:22 PM.

Laurcus you should start adding TL;DRs to your posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I don't disagree with a lot of what you say. I like the Cell saga a lot more, definitely the height of the series. And Hercule can go die in a fire. I'd be cool with that.
    Lol true that. He becomes a lot more likeable when he's with the dog running from Buu, but it's the 40 something episodes that preceded his change that made me want to tear my hair out. I kinda like the timid and caring Mr. Satan. The arrogant and loud Mr. Satan, though? Kill it. Kill it with fire.

I do have some corrections though. Buu isn't an all or nothing villain. It was shown twice that damage does leave a lasting effect on him. The first time this is shown is in Super Buu's fight with Vegito. After Vegito forces him to regenerate about 6 times or so, Buu comes back sweating and breathing hard, and he accidentally left a hole in his chest when he regenerated. This shows that Buu does have his limits, and repeated regenerations will wear him down. Then later on when Fat Buu fought Kid Buu, Vegeta made a comment that he could feel the fat one's power dropping rapidly while Kid Buu pounded on him. If you combine the information we got from these two facts, that shows that regenerating costs energy. No energy=dead. Buu can be killed via raw damage.
    That's true, Super Buu did start to take noticeable damage that didn't revert after a couple seconds. This is actually the only part of the saga I've found interesting thus far. I've stalled right before SS3 Goku fights Kid Buu, so I haven't seen that part with Vegeta yet.

Okay, on to sensing power levels. I don't believe Piccolo sensed Supreme Kai's power level. I believe he simply recognized that he was a Kai. And it seemed to me like Piccolo had a great deal of knowledge about the Kais. He probably realized that he wasn't either of the 4 Kais, so he assumed that he was the Grand Kai. When Gohan lost to Fat Buu, he may as well have been dead. Considering he was hovering near death, he probably had even less power than a normal person. I doubt it would have been possible to pick him out from anyone else at that point.
    I'm still not sure Gohan's situation makes sense. We've had plenty of near deaths during other sagas where the characters still sensed the spark even when they were out cold. Once Gohan recovered, why didn't Goku or anyone else sense him? Goku at the very least should have known considering he frequently uses Instant Transmission all the way from Other World. Piccolo did indeed have knowledge about the Kais that no one else seemed to, though I'm not sure what that has to do with anyone being unable to sense him.

The main thing that was interesting about Buu was his backstory and transformations. Personality wise he was pretty bland. I agree some of the fight scenes were lazy too. Everything with Gotenks felt like filler to me. And not the good kind of filler that makes me laugh like Goku and Piccolo learning to drive. It's like the kind of filler that makes me want to stab myself in the eye. I would have liked nothing more than for Ultimate Gohan to kill Super Buu and have that be the end of Buu without ever seeing Kid Buu.
    I agree. I sadly never got to see the episode where they learn to drive, but I've heard it's really funny.

Super Buu with Gohan absorbed is the strongest version of Buu. When Kibito Kai and Old Kai say that absorbing the Grand Supreme Kai weakened him, that's a dubbing error. What they actually say is that it pacified him. And Goten may be super innocent, but I don't really see how that compares to the Grand Supreme Kai. He's the literal god of the universe, (his name fully translated is Grand God King of the Worlds) he created the universe, and from what I've seen of him he was pure good, probably more so than is possible for a mortal. Basically, he absorbed a benevolent god. Not the same thing as a nice kid.
    Oh I see, well a dubbing error makes more sense than becoming stronger with less absorbed people.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-11-18 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Lol true that. He becomes a lot more likeable when he's with the dog running from Buu, but it's the 40 something episodes that preceded his change that made me want to tear my hair out. I kinda like the timid and caring Mr. Satan. The arrogant and loud Mr. Satan, though? Kill it. Kill it with fire.

That's true, Super Buu did start to take noticeable damage that didn't revert after a couple seconds. This is actually the only part of the saga I've found interesting thus far. I've stalled right before SS3 Goku fights Kid Buu, so I haven't seen that part with Vegeta yet.

I'm still not sure Gohan's situation makes sense. We've had plenty of near deaths during other sagas where the characters still sensed the spark even when they were out cold. Once Gohan recovered, why didn't Goku or anyone else sense him? Goku at the very least should have known considering he frequently uses Instant Transmission all the way from Other World. Piccolo did indeed have knowledge about the Kais that no one else seemed to, though I'm not sure what that has to do with anyone being unable to sense him.

I agree. I sadly never got to see the episode where they learn to drive, but I've heard it's really funny.

Oh I see, well a dubbing error makes more sense than becoming stronger with less absorbed people.
    It's true they probably should have sensed Gohan's power as soon as Kibito healed him. But on the other hand, it's possible they were too distracted with other things. We do see at other points in the series that sensing energy is directed, not automatic. For example, Goku asks King Kai where New Namek is, and King Kai tells Goku to sense in a specific direction, and only then is Goku able to feel the power of the Namekians.

As for not sensing Supreme Kai's power, I'm gonna take a stab at it and say that he was probably suppressing his power.

An interesting note about sensing power btw. I believe when characters get powerful enough, lower tier characters have difficulty sensing their total power. When Buu first transforms into Super Buu Piccolo says that Buu's power is so high he can't even measure it. Just some food for thought.

Also, I wasn't aware that you haven't seen all of DBZ before. I will try to keep the rest of the Buu saga spoiler free.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    Laurcus you should start adding TL;DRs to your posts.
    NEVARRR!

Seriously though, the TL;DR for that post would pretty much be, "I know lots of random crap about the Buu saga".
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-11-18 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    freiza's life in a nutshell

>be me
    >be evil as fuck
    >fucking ruler of the galaxy
    >all subjects fear me
    >cept these fucking monkeys
    >most annoying species
    >I should just fucking kill them all
    >...
    >...wait, that's a fucking brilliant plan
    >kills king
    >goes to planet
    >ignores rambling monkey
    >blows them all up
    >best fucking day ever
    >Time for a drink to celebrate
    >raise last few as personal warriors
    >Damn it's great to be me

>few years later
    >all Saiyans dead or against me
    >learn that magic dragon genitalia can grant wishes from Kiwi
    >Pokerface.jpg
    >wait...
    >Wishes = Immortality = Me > Cooler
    >AWWWWYEAAAA.jpg
    >Pack up bitches, we're going to Namek

>get to the backwater planet
    >start killing every fucking slug I see
    >gather up most of the genitalia
    >best fucking day ever
    >monkey prince comes
    >Give 0 fucks, send Kiwi after him
    >Kiwi dies
    >lol
    >suddenly 2 midgets out of nowhere
    >SICK EM DODORIA
    >he dies
    >FFFFUUUU
    >SICK EM ZARBON
    >he...succeeds?!
    >impressive for a Freaky Alien Genotype
    >call Power Rangers because we have no music here
    >Vegeta escapes
    >steals the dragons genitailia
    >SICK EM ZARBON
    >he dies
    >FFFFUUUU
    >tfw no minions
    >tfw no magical genitalia
    >Suddenly Power Rangers arrive.
    >Fucking best song in Kai
    >Sick em, Power Rangers!
    >they actually get my genitalia back
    >Summon dragon
    >get immortality
    >fuck bitches, kill everyone
    >best fucking day ever

>...or not, stupid genitalia won't work
    >go to ask locals for help
    >they're all assholes
    >beat the shit out of one
    >it's a trap
    >fly back to ship
    >Power Rangers are all dead
    >AreYouFuckingKiddingMe.jpg
    >get back to ship
    >all minions dead
    >sees a dragon in the sky
    >he lifts
    >wishes for immortality
    >fails
    >dragon genitalia has gotten hard
    >that's what she said
    >Rageface.jpg

>Fight monkey prince
    >evenly matched
    >go go gadget Steroids
    >Kick Vegetas ass
    >imple the midget with my horniness
    >beat down other midget
    >have power level over a million
    >best fucking day ever

>suddenly yoshi
    >holy shit he lifts
    >evenly matched
    >midget's alive
    >cuts off my fucking tail
    >wow rood
    >this isn't even my final form
    >become the fucking Alien
    >Poke Yoshi
    >repeatedly
    >KO
    >beat down monkey and midget some more
    >best fucking day ever

>still isn't even my final form
    >fucking transform again
    >damn I'm sexy
    >monkey prince claims to lift
    >we fite irl
    >beat him down like I did his mom last night
    >I am unfreakingstoppable
    >torture stupid monkey prince
    >best fucking day ever

>Retard Monkey shows up
    >Challenges me 1v1
    >Monkey Prince taunts me
    >lol die
    >Retard gets mad
    >fite mi irl
    >we do
    >he lifts
    >I lift more, bitch
    >He throws his hands up in the air and waves em like he just dont care
    >Saying "aiyooo, come at me broooo"
    >I beat him up
    >Still doing it
    >da faaaaq
    >common sense dawns on me
    >I look up
    >giant fucking energy ball
    >Ohshitohshitohshit
    >Go to kill him
    >fucking yoshi
    >becomes my new torture doll
    >his screams are so fucking sexy
    >slight homo
    >fucking great time
    >best fucking day ever
    >Can't help but feel I'm forgetting something
    >oh yeah...giant ball thing
    >FFFFFUUUUUUU
    >I die

>jk, I'm fucking Frieza
    >Shoot Yoshi
    >Blow up midget
    >lol
    >retard gets mad
    >dyes his hair blonde
    >lol faggot
    >go to kill other midget
    >suddenly hand is broken
    >oh fuck, retard lifts.
    >A LOT
    >get shit beat out of me
    >fuck this
    >fuck this retard
    >fuck the genitalia
    >fuck the god damned planet
    >blow it up.
    >....or not.
    >Begin longest 5 minutes in history
    >Steroids a go go, baby
    >we fight more
    >Still losing
    >WTF
    >down to minutes
    >I use midget's move
    >I miss
    >throw out another one
    >YOLO
    >suddenly I feel light
    >oh, I cut off my bottom half and other arm
    >ow
    >worst fucking day ever

>loldying
    >he spares me
    >fuck that shit
    >blows me up
    >planet blows up too
    >no one can survive
    >I do, because I'm fucking Frieza.
    >Dad comes by
    >I come a fucking Cyborg
    >Back to full power
    >time to get revenge

>fly to earth with dad
    >send minions
    >purple haired bitch outta nowhere
    >kills minions
    >I got this shit
    >Turns out I don't
    >Turns out he's really fast
    >Turns out swords are really sharp
    >my whole plan falls to pieces
    >and I do too
    >...I really fucking need a drink.

>Arrive at HFIL
    >Not that bad of a place
    >Later, green bug guy comes back
    >he's a pretty cool dude
    >become best friends
    >best afterlife ever

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 11:30 PM ----------

reading another fan fic bringer of death so far it is several times better than honor trip

it sticks well to the character personalities and stays with the story/fighting rather than pointless power level talk.

You forgot one step at the first part, which was "let a sayian pod fly by because it's only a small fry inside".

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    freiza's life in a nutshell

That was fucking beautiful i wanna post that everywhere. But I won't since it's yours.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-19 at 12:08 AM.

What people are forgetting is that Buu can only be killed by another Buu when it comes to physical damage. Seeing how Majin Buu was pounded by Majin Vegeta, beat up by SSJ3 Goku and was perfectly fine after, but when he fought Skinny Buu (Evil Buu idc) he was already showing signs of physical damage and fatigue. The same thing when Majin Buu fought Kid Buu. Vegeta even remarks upon how Buu's can only damage other Buu's. Super Buu was completely fine after getting his ass kicked by SSj3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan and showed no signs of injury of slowing down.

In fact the Buu's are immortal magic being that have unlimited stamina and regeneration. The only way to kill one is to completely erase their existence in one big energy blast.

And Kid Buu teleported to the distance planet by the use of something similar to Instant transmission, that he picked up from Kabito Kai. It allows you to teleport to any planet, but takes a great deal of energy. Just like how Kabito Kai couldn't teleport Dende to Goku to get healed during the Spirit bomb struggle because he used all of his energy.

I forgot the name of Kabito Kai technique, but i'll post it later on when I find DBZ Volume 26 in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by XImpossibruX View Post
    What people are forgetting is that Buu can only be killed by another Buu when it comes to physical damage. Seeing how Majin Buu was pounded by Majin Vegeta, beat up by SSJ3 Goku and was perfectly fine after, but when he fought Skinny Buu (Evil Buu idc) he was already showing signs of physical damage and fatigue. The same thing when Majin Buu fought Kid Buu. Vegeta even remarks upon how Buu's can only damage other Buu's. Super Buu was completely fine after getting his ass kicked by SSj3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan and showed no signs of injury of slowing down.

In fact the Buu's are immortal magic being that have unlimited stamina and regeneration. The only way to kill one is to completely erase their existence in one big energy blast.

And Kid Buu teleported to the distance planet by the use of something similar to Instant transmission, that he picked up from Kabito Kai. It allows you to teleport to any planet, but takes a great deal of energy. Just like how Kabito Kai couldn't teleport Dende to Goku to get healed during the Spirit bomb struggle because he used all of his energy.

I forgot the name of Kabito Kai technique, but i'll post it later on when I find DBZ Volume 26 in my house.
    I don't think there's much evidence to say that Buu can only be harmed by another Buu. And unless that's a manga only thing, Vegeta made no such statement. And the fact that Kid Buu was hopping around the universe with IT just means he has a shitload of energy, not that his energy is unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I don't think there's much evidence to say that Buu can only be harmed by another Buu. And unless that's a manga only thing, Vegeta made no such statement. And the fact that Kid Buu was hopping around the universe with IT just means he has a shitload of energy, not that his energy is unlimited.
    Fair enough, the one thing I hate about the Buu Saga is the formation of the Buu's.

We have Kid Buu

-absorbs the South Supreme Kai

Now we have a Short buff buu

-absorbs North Supreme Kai

Now we have Fat Buu

-Eventually turns good and spits out evil form

Now we have Skinny Evil Buu and Fat Buu and for some reason Skinny Evil Buu is stronger, and Fat Buu just formed a stronger Buu with smoke... wut

-Skinny Buu absorbs Fat Buu

Now we have Super Buu

-Super Buu gets Fat Buu ripped out of him

Now we have Kid Buu

-Kid Buu spits out Fat Buu

Now we have Kid Buu and Fat Buu

None of that made any sense and I've wondered for the longest time how Fat Buu can form Evil Buu, then get absorbed and make Super Buu. But when Fat Buu is ripped out he turns into Kid Buu, who could spit out Fat Buu.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the part involving Super Buu, Skinny and Fatty, I think of it like this. Fat Buu was pacified by absorbing the Grand Supreme Kai, due to his goodness. However, the goodness was obviously suppressed quite a bit, since Fat Buu was still capable of very evil deeds. When Skinny Buu absorbed Fat Buu, the goodness of the Grand Supreme Kai were being suppressed twice over.

Think of Fat Buu was a being capable of good or bad, depending on how his mood takes him. Super Buu is when the good part of him is literally taken and shoved deep inside, to never see the light of day again.

The part about Kid Buu though, I agree with. I brought it up myself earlier in the thread, and didn't really get an explanation. The explanation in the dragon ball wikia didn't really make sense. Why aren't Skinny Buu and Kid Buu the same being?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Another thing that pissed me off.

Frieza someone who is far far FAR below Cell Saga Super Saiyan Goku, survived Namek exploding chopped in half. But Goku died to Cell's explosion??

._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XImpossibruX View Post
    Another thing that pissed me off.

Frieza someone who is far far FAR below Cell Saga Super Saiyan Goku, survived Namek exploding chopped in half. But Goku died to Cell's explosion??

._.
    Cell's explosion contained more power than Namek's, most likely, given Cell's power over Frieza. Frieza put his own power into Namek's death, I'd assume he made sure it wouldn't blow him up since he knew he was stuck there.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Bojack would have been a credible Power Rangers villain. DBZ: not so much.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account

"i lift"

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 10:53 PM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I LIFT

I feel as a regular poster on bodybuilding.com misc forum to inform you of the origins of the "do u even lift meme"

Pretty much it started out as an insult/ banter when ever someone posted a pic of themselves.
    Guys post pics, fishing for compliments, or post pics thinking their bigger then what they are.
    resulting in 100 reply's of "do u even lift"... which eventually turned into "do you even eat" ... which will probably turn up sooner or later across the web.