10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the reason vegeta didnt kill him but goku did was because of the nergy difference in their attacks. Vegeta's was powered just by him, Goku's had a lot behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Hey guys, i have a question! No doubt it has been asked before ( maybe even here but i really don't want to search 245 pages and it might not even be there ) anyway!

You know the part where vegeta sacrifices himself in the fight against fat buu ? I think that was a mistake of the maker's part because fat buu survived by putting himself together from the bits and pieces that were left after the blast. BUT as you can see in that video ( if you have it or look for it ) the blast engulfs buu ( he is already inside it, notice the background) it doesn't blow him away so normaly there would be NO little parts of him laying around after the blast.

And he would of died just like he did with the spirit bomb from goku at the end, just be completely disintegrated. Sooo....since the day i saw those episodes untill now i think vegeta should of won that fight and killed buu for good but it was a writer's mistake. Unless someone can clear that up for me now?
    Visually speaking, I never noticed. But, I've always wondered why Vegeta blowing himself up wasn't enough to destroy him, given the sheer amount of power that is released when that happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    vegetas explosion was not strong enough

plus buu had more "padding"

the spirit bomb was much stronger and buu had less padding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Yes, definitely not as bloody as one would expect from such a scene.

What's interesting about that though, is that in DBZ Kai, King Cold tries to dissuade Frieza from blowing up the planet. Another interesting thing about watching the old Funimation dubs is seeing how far the old voice actors have come in their craft since then. All of them sound more comfortable with their roles and the script then they did back then. I know Frieza has a different voice actor in Kai, but I was referring to Trunks here.
    And I've got to say that's the main reason I prefer Kai (and dubbed anime, among other reasons). It's really cool being able to go back and see, for instance, Chris Sabat's original Vegeta voice (which was a bad imitation of the [IMHO] already bad Ocean dub Vegeta) and compare it to his work nowadays. Even in DBZ, you can see the evolution in everyone's acting from the point where they acquired the series (Captain Ginyu Saga) up until the end of the Buu Saga and even (shudder) GT. Seeing the actors grow more skilled as time goes on is a treat.

I think this is a pretty good representation of the evolution in quality of acting evolution for Funimation's DBZ, especially since the Original Funi clips are (if memory serves) from Funimation's very first episode of DBZ:

Last edited by Nadev; 2013-01-05 at 09:24 AM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

VIRGINIA, HANGING OUT WITH LITTLE BOYS IN SPANDEX I SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
    It's not right, but it's not really frowned upon so much either. A man hits a woman and he's a terrible excuse for a human being and should be put in jail. A woman hits a man and the man is a wimp for feeling pain.

Either way, if you have a penis, you lose.

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    I still can't believe Goku gave Cell a Senzu bean when he wanted Gohan to fight Cell.

It's a threat to Earth, not a fucking game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    And I've got to say that's the main reason I prefer Kai (and dubbed anime, among other reasons).
    I prefer Kai as well, it's just better quality all around (imo)

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I still can't believe Goku gave Cell a Senzu bean when he wanted Gohan to fight Cell.

The earth is put in jeopardy just as many times because of the Z fighters as it is saved by them. Many times the situation spirals out of control because they do indeed treat it like a game. They chose not to stop Gero before he created the Androids, Piccolo doesn't defeat imperfect Cell because he's more interested in explanations, Vegeta doesn't kill Cell's second form because he wants to test his limits, Krillin doesn't shut Android 18 down because he's got a hard on for her, Goku refuses to beat Fat Buu because he wants his kids to have a crack at saving the world, the list really goes on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    I prefer Kai as well, it's just better quality all around (imo)

The earth is put in jeopardy just as many times because of the Z fighters as it is saved by them. Many times the situation spirals out of control because they do indeed treat it like a game. They chose not to stop Gero before he created the Androids, Piccolo doesn't defeat imperfect Cell because he's more interested in explanations, Vegeta doesn't kill Cell's second form because he wants to test his limits, Krillin doesn't shut Android 18 down because he's got a hard on for her, Goku refuses to beat Fat Buu because he wants his kids to have a crack at saving the world, the list really goes on.
    I know, it annoys me to no end.

Deleted
    Yea thats probably a big difference between DB/early DBZ and the end of DBZ. When fighting against the Saiyans the Z-Fighters did everything they could just to kill them, nobody was playing around. The same goes for King Piccolo and Frieza.

Moreover you shouldnt even start to think about logic in DBZ... of course Goku could have Instant-teleported away from King Kais planet after bringing Cell there, of course Kid Buu could have simply dodged Gokus Genkidama, of course Goku and Vegeta could have picked up Gohan and co. (who were laying just a few meters away from them) when they were leaving earth before it exploded and let Mystic Gohan kill Kid Buu without much effort. In the end it didn't happen and its just a anime

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Brohoof View Post
    It's revealing in the sense that it would mean Bill's is THE strongest character in the DBZ universe, hands down. As in, not the strongest known being, but the but the flat out strongest being total. There is currently no stronger being existing in the Dragon Ball Z universe. No other character up to that point, whether we know if its existence or not, surpasses him. He's the strongest character that the Z warriors could possibly fight by that period of time.

We knew Buu wrecked universe and all, but there was never any confirmation that he was the strongest being in the universe. There never was for Freiza, either. There was never a confirmed "strongest being in the universe". And now we have one.
    Until Goku finds a way.

/jurassic park theme

I know buu is squishy and the bullets didn't hurt him, but it seems like they wouldn't have even made marks. Otherwise it seems like every punch that he received would have blown him into pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post

He has some of that Saiyan pride in him. Imagine if Goku were the one who let Cell become complete. He is looking for a challenge as much as Vegeta is, and I can see him doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the way Goku and Vegeta treat enemies, it's amazing the Earth has lasted this long, even with two sets of Dragon Balls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    He has some of that Saiyan pride in him. Imagine if Goku were the one who let Cell become complete. He is looking for a challenge as much as Vegeta is, and I can see him doing it.
    I'd say that Goku wouldn't allow it for one reason alone: he'd view Eighteen as a person, not a machine, especially since his best friend was kinda falling for her (I have no idea if someone like Goku would notice that though) and that timeline's androids had not yet become murderous maniacs. I'm sure that if given the choice of getting a bigger challenge or saving one life, Goku would choose the latter. Hell, I think he'd even stop it if Eighteen had already gone "evil", due to his principles. But if Cell's transformation was like, say Frieza's, where no sacrifices were needed to power up, you're right, he'd definitely allow it just for a challenge. Heck, he did it with Frieza himself and he knew that if Frieza won he'd go after his loved ones and his planet, so I'd say he'd do that with any villain, no matter what's at stake. Which is kinda ironic. I'm sure he wouldn't sacrifice Eighteen to allow a power-up, but he wouldn't mind putting the whole Earth at risk if there was no single sacrifice needed for it.

Dumb saiyans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I'd say that Goku wouldn't allow it for one reason alone: he'd view Eighteen as a person, not a machine, especially since his best friend was kinda falling for her (I have no idea if someone like Goku would notice that though) and that timeline's androids had not yet become murderous maniacs. I'm sure that if given the choice of getting a bigger challenge or saving one life, Goku would choose the latter. Hell, I think he'd even stop it if Eighteen had already gone "evil", due to his principles. But if Cell's transformation was like, say Frieza's, where no sacrifices were needed to power up, you're right, he'd definitely allow it just for a challenge. Heck, he did it with Frieza himself and he knew that if Frieza won he'd go after his loved ones and his planet, so I'd say he'd do that with any villain, no matter what's at stake. Which is kinda ironic. I'm sure he wouldn't sacrifice Eighteen to allow a power-up, but he wouldn't mind putting the whole Earth at risk if there was no single sacrifice needed for it.

Dumb saiyans.
    Saiyan pride at it's finest, you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Saiyan pride at it's finest, you mean.
    I stand corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Hey guys, i have a question! No doubt it has been asked before ( maybe even here but i really don't want to search 245 pages and it might not even be there ) anyway!

You know the part where vegeta sacrifices himself in the fight against fat buu ? I think that was a mistake of the maker's part because fat buu survived by putting himself together from the bits and pieces that were left after the blast. BUT as you can see in that video ( if you have it or look for it ) the blast engulfs buu ( he is already inside it, notice the background) it doesn't blow him away so normaly there would be NO little parts of him laying around after the blast.

And he would of died just like he did with the spirit bomb from goku at the end, just be completely disintegrated. Sooo....since the day i saw those episodes untill now i think vegeta should of won that fight and killed buu for good but it was a writer's mistake. Unless someone can clear that up for me now?
    You make a good point about the pieces everywhere but they can probably be explained. To kill Buu you have to pump in enough energy to break up the molecular bonds of every molecule of "Buu". As Buu started breaking up some molecules probably got tossed every which way from atomic level collisions and the energy itself. Where ever they landed they immediately started regenerating again, although initially they would invisible to the naked eye. Those little parts that piccolo sees everywhere all probably started from a single molecule that survived the blast like I mentioned above. By the time Piccolo could see it with his naked eye they had already regenerated quite a bit. Buu was naturally built to withstand energy blasts(can change matter states at will), and saiyans are not hence Vegeta being a pile of carbon ash. Vegeta just did not have enough juice to break Buu up at the atomic level completely. Goku's Spirit bomb also had more of an effect because Kid Buu was pure evil. The more truly evil the person, the more effect it has.

Although I've always considered the Janemba movie a take on what if Vegeta defeated Buu right there and then and what would happen afterward. If you watch the movie under that premise it really fits perfectly I think. As that is the only way Vegeta and Goku could both be dead in DBZ story. If Vegeta killed Buu then Goku would have had no reason to come back to life. Hence him still training in other world in the movie and Vegeta never got his body back. They had no reason to give it to him since Buu was dead and Buu surviving the attack was the only reason Vegeta got his body back initially.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-01-06 at 12:46 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 02:36 AM ----------

vegeta needs to stoping doing lots of pushups and drinking juice

he needs to fucking lift

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    [IMG]SNIP[/IMG]

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 02:36 AM ----------

[IMG]SNIP[/IMG]

vegeta needs to stoping doing lots of pushups and drinking juice

he needs to fucking lift

Some helpful advice for Vegeta.