10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, that ear. Well, I was able to put a scouter on a stunfisk, this shouldn't be any harder.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    How did you add scouters to the pictures without ruining them? My skills with paint programs are limited at best.
    Been a while, so I can't remember the exact procedure, but I believe I took a scouter image off google that looks to be in a similar position to the ava/sig I'm doing, and place it over top. Then I use the magic wand tool on the scouter and pick up all the red or green parts. Once the entire screen part of the scouter was selected, I'd switch to the lower layer where the eye is, then copy and past it over top of the scouter screen. Then I reduce that layer's opacity to make it look transparent.

So while it looks like you can see through the scouter to see the eye, it's actually the reverse. You can see through the eye and parts of the face to see the scouter.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, I didn't even know what the magic wand tool did. Lol that sounds complicated.

10+ Year Old Account

Best I could manage. Infernape's head is not shaped for scouters

Anyone think the script they handed Android 16 in DBZ Kai is atrocious? He constantly says things like, "No. Negative. My attacks did not destroy Cell, they have only served to slow him down".

"No. Negative" ? Who says things like that?
    Are you talking about english dub ? Because I really can't remember 16 talking like that in original Japanese version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Are you talking about english dub ? Because I really can't remember 16 talking like that in original Japanese version.
    Yeah, the DBZ Kai English dub. It's the episode before Cell's second form when 16 fights him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the DBZ Kai English dub. It's the episode before Cell's second form when 16 fights him.
    Dunno, but I remember seeing a comparison video between Z and Kai right before Vegeta fights 18 where they're talking to 16 and says something along the lines of "What? I'm sorry. I. Didn't. Hear. You." *Cringe*
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Dunno, but I remember seeing a comparison video between Z and Kai right before Vegeta fights 18 where they're talking to 16 and says something along the lines of "What? I'm sorry. I. Didn't. Hear. You." *Cringe*
    Lol exactly. In all honesty, Kai has much better acting all around, but for some reason whoever plays 16 is just pitiful at his job.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 06:52 AM ----------

Last edited by Zoma; 2013-01-14 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post

Best I could manage. Infernape's head is not shaped for scouters
    Awesome enough for me! I'll just pretend that there's a hook that goes around his ear.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 04:53 PM ----------

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok how do i prove that kid buu is the weakest buu?

I have been in a few Efights about his strenght, i Know he should be weaker than the others (Kid buu didnt have goten/trunks/gohan/fat buu/the gods he ate/piccolo/anyone else) so he should be weaker that his other forms right?

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    kid buu is stronger than skinny buu and fat buu and i think around the same level as basic super buu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    kid buu is stronger than skinny buu and fat buu and i think around the same level as basic super buu

How? Fat Buu is kid buu plus a god (or 2), how did absorbing a god make him weaker?

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Cuz Kid Buu is pure evil and he absorbed gods of good, doesnt mix

Yeah, kid buu is weaker than Super Buu but stronger than Fat because the god pacified him. Well maybe instead of stronger you could say he is more wild, unpredictable, or faster etc. However they no longer had Mystic Goahn or Gotenks or Vegito to fight him.

Its actually kinda funny to think about. Of all the characters in the buu saga, Kid Buu were actually quite weak XD But simply due to the fact that all the stronger good guys died earlier there werent anyone stronger than him
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    [COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 03:03 AM ----------

Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-01-15 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Babysitter 16. :-)
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    On the topic of that Goku vs Superman death match, someone asked the author of Bringer of Death (the fanfic Genn and I mentioned a few pages back), and here's his thoughts on it. It's a bit lengthy, but I'm sure some people will be interested:

Q: On the topic of quantifying power levels, I'd be interested to know what you think about ScrewAttack's Death Battle between Goku and Superman.
    A: I'd be happy to address this. I'll start by saying I wasn't pleased with the representation of Goku they used. They made some assumptions and inferred some things that ended swaying things far in Superman's favor. First off: strength. I won't argue that Superman has immensely higher physical lifting strength than Goku does, that's completely accurate. Superman emits a telekinetic field around whatever object he lifts, allowing it to stay in one piece—he was pretty much designed specifically for heavy lifting. Where the discrepancy comes is the assumption that physical lifting strength IS punching strength. That's not at all accurate; martial arts require explosive strength, not gross lifting ability.

The Z fighters use their Ki to enhance the force of each blow, both in speed and power, filling their punches with huge quantities of energy as they swing them. I'm not talking about energy attacks, I'm talking about normal punches and kicks. It's all about how the energy is released. Goku's punches are far, far, far more powerful than Superman's. For current Superman, I'd estimate that Super Saiyan Goku's punching strength is more than enough to outmatch him. For the others (Pre-Crisis, Silver Age, Superboy Prime, etc.) it would take a quite a bit more than just basic Super Saiyan.

Second: speed. Calculating Superman's speed, they again made some poor assumptions that gave him way too much credit. I'm not saying that they got his top speed wrong, I'm saying that there is a huge difference between top speed and battle speed. Superman's flight ability is FAR superior to Goku's, as we all know. He expends no energy whatsoever, and can fly at much faster speeds for long distances. But what he can't do is simply start off at that speed, or anywhere near his top speed for that matter. He has to build up to it. That's where Goku has a huge advantage. His battle speed, the agility he has at any given moment to dodge, is leagues above Superman's. By clearing his mind, Goku can teleport over short distances quickly enough to evade anyone who isn't as fast as him...and that's not even talking about Instant Transmission. In DBZ this is huge, as shown when Ultra Trunks tried to beat Perfect Cell. Cell was untouchable simply because of his superior speed and agility. So, in a battle up close, Goku would have a clear speed advantage. Now, if they raced somewhere it wouldn't be a contest. And if Supes decided to go out into space and build up his speed, then lap the earth and hit Goku with each pass, our Saiyan hero might be in trouble. But not in an up close battle.

The last error I'll mention is this: fighting skill. I don't care what kind of training they claim that Superman has had, he has never fought a battle like this. Just watching his animated fights or reading them in the comics, you see a clumsy brawler who is entirely focused on power punches. Seriously, if he had any kind of real fighting skill opponents like Doomsday or Darksied would be absolute pansies that couldn't touch him. Plus, if he could move at his top speed during battle he could just dodge all their blows, since his speed FAR surpasses theirs. But no! He doesn't...he gets owned like a little bitch every time! Imagine if Goku fought those guys. He would get bored in the first minute. His fighting skill should be considered unequivocally superior, and that goes for about anyone in the DC universe, even precogs. There just isn't a way to keep up with him. I recall Superman even being punched by Batman and being thrown to the ground—really? Yeah, a normal human. Remember what happened with Super Vegeta kicked Perfect Cell with everything he had? I do: NOTHING!

The problem with Superman comes when you actually have to kill him, though. Writers won't let him die for real, which is a huge cop-out. His actual regeneration isn't any superior to Buu or Cell, he just has this extreme natural defensive construction. It seems like no amount of beating is too much for him, and that his body will always repair itself. I see this as the only real obstacle for Goku to overcome. He would need to finish Superman in the same way as Cell or Buu, by destroying every single atom. The trick to that is just a big enough Kamehameha. Good news is, with Goku's favorite move, the Instant Kamehameha, this is more than possible. He would just need to power up and make his one shot count. Otherwise, the fight would drag on and he would lose energy while Supes would just keep healing from the sun. But that is at regular Super Saiyan. I don't imagine Goku needing more than that, as I personally believe Cell could pwn Superman into the next dimension as well, and don't get me started on Buu (even without absorption). Against Superboy Prime or someone else, Goku would need every bit of SSJ3 (since I hate GT I don't count their version of SSJ4). And I don't have Goku beating Prime, simply because he can't finish the job even if he could match him in speed and strength for short periods.

David's thoughts: As a physicist, I tend to treat numbers in comics with a good deal of suspicion. DC authors are fond of throwing around massive numbers with lots of 0s...but they have no clue what those number actually represent in the real world. So Superman can push with 200 quintillion tons of force? Great. Under what conditions? Does that represent the compressive resistence of his skeleton, or the fast twitch muscle fiber pressure, or the thrust provided by his means of flight? It's like pseudoscience: unless we see the original math used to generate a number, it doesn't really have much meaning.

Which brings us to another point: math. Everyone running these calculations seems to think all values are linear...but they aren't. Speed and acceleration and strength and energy and power level are all very different things; they don't relate to each other in neat, proportional eighth-grade pre-algebra equations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.