10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post

In the interest of keeping the thread going, I've been watching random videos all over Youtube with my younger brother, teaching him the Ways (started when he saw that picture I drew few pages back). His favorite video is
    [video=youtube;bH_CcJ-uBWI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH_CcJ-uBWI[video]
    A fine choice for a budding young boy, wouldn't you all agree?
    I never understood the hype of that scene. I just don't get it. Maybe because at that point, new transformations weren't really all that surprising, and I don't get why people praise the voice actor for it either. It's not like the show had a lack of scenes with a character screaming a ton. I can't imagine doing that, and their voices have to be dead afterwards, but it's not anything special for the show.

Does anyone notice that his hair grows a little, and then stops while he finishes powering up? Is there a Super Saiyan 2.5 somewhere in there?
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-01-24 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I never understood the hype of that scene. I just don't get it. Maybe because at that point, new transformations weren't really all that surprising, and I don't get why people praise the voice actor for it either. It's not like the show had a lack of scenes with a character screaming a ton. I can't imagine doing that, and their voices have to be dead afterwards, but it's not anything special for the show.

Does anyone notice that his hair grows a little, and then stops while he finishes powering up? Is there a Super Saiyan 2.5 somewhere in there?
    I think it was just because he'd been dead for a while. Goku said so himself, he didn't use the transformation much, and it was the first time he'd used it while in the real world, so it probably put more stress on him than it did in the Other World (resulting in the drawn out screaming and hair slowly growing).

I could be wrong though, he has a much easier time doing it for Trunk and Goten, and then later battling Super and Kid Buu.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could be wrong though, he has a much easier time doing it for Trunk and Goten, and then later battling Super and Kid Buu.
    It gets easier when you do it more, just like the others (like how he doesn't even flinch to go SSJ 1 or 2). That wasn't really what I was getting at though. The drawn out screaming and the scene itself isn't anything special to me, but people seem to make it out like it's one of the best scenes ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I, for one, enjoy the pictures.
    And I, for one, think SSJ3 Fabio is fucking hilarious. I want to shake the hand of whoever drew that

A fine choice for a budding young boy, wouldn't you all agree?
    It's pretty good, but a little too much screaming imo. It's kind of a loud scene when you really think about it. My favorite transformation still remains Goku going SS for the first time; that thing gave me chills. I was in high school at the time, and season 4 or whatever hadn't even come to America yet. I remember being in a computer class where some kid showed me a video of the episode in Japanese and feeling so excited. I couldn't wait for us to finally get those episodes so I could watch it on TV

In any case, at least we got to witness the transformation instead of the character just showing up having mastered it *cough..Vegeta..cough* I think one of the best reasons to watch the show is for the transformations. What's the point if they already have it down by the time they arrive on the scene?
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2013-01-24 at 12:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    all the pictures are dbz relted

also i received an infraction on the picture i posted of a bed room covered in vegeta pictures.... thats not a meme

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

I praise Sean Schemmel for that scene because the scream was completely uncut. All the screaming in the scene was done in 1 take, and because of that he passed out after they were done recording, twice.

He literally screamed so much he passed out, woke up, and then passed out again. That's dedication.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I praise Sean Schemmel for that scene because the scream was completely uncut. All the screaming in the scene was done in 1 take, and because of that he passed out after they were done recording, twice.

He literally screamed so much he passed out, woke up, and then passed out again. That's dedication.
    Did not know that. bravo

Broli, everyones favorite LSSJ who according to toei is as strong as a USSJ but without the drawbacks (which is BS, he should be on par with a SSJ2 or at least Super perfect Cell in the first movie and stronger than a SSJ2 but not quite SSJ3 in the second)

There isnt a theory on how/why his power increases over time. I do have 1, what if the same genetic mutation that caused his high power level at such a young age also gave him an unending zenkai?

Think about it, nothing else in DBZ increases your power like zenkai, The sayains train themselves to the breaking point because the zenkai will give them a huge boost ( training + power [zenkai] = new base power), training help them work on techinques but its the zenkai that gives them their power.

what if broli's body is on a unending zenkai cycle, like if a skin cell enters a state of death, it gives him a boost, OR his body "thinks" its dieing and gives him a zenkai boost, now times that by a few billion for each cell in his body in this cycle 24/7 and we could see why he gets stronger with no training, doesnt lose but GAINS power in a fight, and the pain from this could be what drove broli insane and also make attacks against him pointless because he is ALWAYS in pain.

Does this make sense to anyone?

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    That does make some sort of sense but not much as if that was true during the fight in the first movie he would of already reached super sayian 3 strength as the zenkai multiplication is ridiculously large. But maybe his zenkai is weak because it never ends who knows its never been stated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    That does make some sort of sense but not much as if that was true during the fight in the first movie he would of already reached super sayian 3 strength as the zenkai multiplication is ridiculously large. But maybe his zenkai is weak because it never ends who knows its never been stated.
    Well as far as we can tell, Zenkai has a sort of diminishing return. I think it was discussed many pages back (I may be wrong though) that if a saiyan is expecting to get hurt to the point of gaining a zenkai, thus their body will expect it, the power gain won't be that large. On the opposite side, upon gaining an unexpected beating, the Zenkai will be many times larger.

I'd say that this would sort of support that Broly theory (as he would already be used to the process and whatever pain/damage came from it, thus his body would already be used to it as well, giving smaller returns), and would also give some credit to Goku's colossal power increase between being beaten by Vegeta on Earth (plus his training, that involved self-inflicted Zenkais, on the way to Namek) and his arrival on Namek, and again when his body was unexpectedly beaten up when he switched with Ginyu, and then healed in the tank before fighting Frieza. Then again, I'm sure that I'm forgetting some detail, but a theory is a theory nonetheless
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Did not know that. bravo

Broli, everyones favorite LSSJ who according to toei is as strong as a USSJ but without the drawbacks (which is BS, he should be on par with a SSJ2 or at least Super perfect Cell in the first movie and stronger than a SSJ2 but not quite SSJ3 in the second)

There isnt a theory on how/why his power increases over time. I do have 1, what if the same genetic mutation that caused his high power level at such a young age also gave him an unending zenkai?

Think about it, nothing else in DBZ increases your power like zenkai, The sayains train themselves to the breaking point because the zenkai will give them a huge boost ( training + power [zenkai] = new base power), training help them work on techinques but its the zenkai that gives them their power.

what if broli's body is on a unending zenkai cycle, like if a skin cell enters a state of death, it gives him a boost, OR his body "thinks" its dieing and gives him a zenkai boost, now times that by a few billion for each cell in his body in this cycle 24/7 and we could see why he gets stronger with no training, doesnt lose but GAINS power in a fight, and the pain from this could be what drove broli insane and also make attacks against him pointless because he is ALWAYS in pain.

Does this make sense to anyone?
    makes perfect sense

dont forget he has to release energy

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Bils vs Vegeta
    Did Vegeta break his arm again? C'mon man.

I think just for shits and giggles, they let Vegeta finally triumph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    You've gotta be kidding me. I won't even bother with a reply on that one, just voted and left. It's more than obvious who wins there, no contest. Superman is one thing, but Mewtwo? Hah.

Edit: broke what I said here and actually posted there. Oh well, who cares.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-01-25 at 04:52 PM.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account

some good ole fan art of our good ole fav bad guys

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 11:12 PM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm glad someone linked a Ginyu image, because a friend linked me this one, for you pony lovers out there:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-j...nyuForceGO.png

Edit: image too large, reduced it to a link.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    [IMG]http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/6421526_460s.jpg[IMG]

some good ole fan art of our good ole fav bad guys

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 11:12 PM ----------

[IMG]http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/428161_547915348554070_974506158_n.jpg[IMG]
    Shouldnt count. Over 3/4 of that is grunting....

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Shouldnt count. Over 3/4 of that is grunting....
    That's not actually true.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    That's not actually true.
    Oh im sorry
    Grunting and repeating clips of the same punches/kicks being thrown.