Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    is it stated to be an additive fusion rather than a multiplier of some kind?
    dont forget both goten and trunks were not that powerful, but gotenks at ss3 could stand with super buu
    Well, it's not specifically stated to be additive. That's an assumption based on the statement on page 63 of the Super Exciting Guide, that states that fusion via the earrings is multiplicative. The general assumption is that if they have to specify that one is multiplicative, then the other must not be multiplicative. That doesn't necessarily mean that the fusion dance is additive, as I said, that's just an assumption that a lot of people make.

If it is additive, there are other explanations for Gogeta being more powerful than SS3 Goku. My main theory is that what Old Kai said about being rivals making the fusion more complete, (in reference to the earrings) also applies to the fusion dance, and confers some kind of bonus that more than makes up for Goku being restricted to a lower transformed state. This bonus would also apply to Gotenks, as Goten and Trunks were rivals.

My other theory is that the extra energy that Goku would normally use to transform to SS3 is simply being used to increase Gogeta's power level. Both theories could actually be correct, as they're by no means mutually exclusive.

What about how neither trunks nor goten can go past ss1 but when fused they can go ss3?

Also SS3 Gogeta and SS3 Gotenks should fuse (not quite the same height I know..)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    What about how neither trunks nor goten can go past ss1 but when fused they can go ss3?
    Judging by how easy they can get into SS, I assume they are FPSS, or SS1.5. SS1.5 x2 = SS3

So clearly Bils will be defeated by Gogeta SS6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh we could work out how much stronger fusion dance makes you we know that goten and trunks could only reach ssj and the fusion could reach ssj3
    lets say the have a power of 1 each there total just added together would be 100.
    We know that ssj3 coefficient is 400 which means if gotenks had a base power of 1 same as trunks and goten it would make you 4 times stronger overall.
    So take into account vegat and goku are both 8 times stronger than goten and trunks we can estimate that we are looking at ssj3 gogeta being atleast 32 times stronger than ssj3 goku. Thinking back that would also make ssj3 gogeta 3 times stronger than ssj4 goku as well.
    thinking back that would also make ssj3 gogeta 3 times stronger than ssj4 goku as well.

Or

taking both their powers to be 1 again
    we reach there total power separated at 100 still.
    but we take gotenks base as 2 as their bases have been added we know they can reach ssj3 which is still a 400*base
    making new total combined at 800 8* stronger than them seperated.
    we know that goku and vegeta can go ssj3.
    Know lets assume goku and vegeta also have a power of 1
    their total seperated would be 800
    we know that fusion makes you 8* stronger
    so we get 2*400*8 for ssj3 gogeta. which 6400
    which is ~ 16 times stronger than ssj3 goku.

I dont know which is more accurate so i'll let you guys decide also this is just some quick maths and I probably made a mistake somewhere though.

Edit:
    thought of another way of calculating fusion strength
    Last edited by Gorged; 2013-02-02 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also were are you guys getting the movie info from?

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually just look up the dragon ball wikia at random intervals and see if I find anything new.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    wait what, ss3 goku with eyebrows but vegita doesnt have?

So thats what Goku gets from years of training. Eyebrows.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    So thats what Goku gets from years of training. Eyebrows.
    No, he just hit SSJ 3.5 is all. You get your eyebrows back. It shows how boss you are.

I can just imagine.

Goku: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH!!!! /eyebrows
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    Let the speculation begin. Eyebrows mean something akin to FPSSJ3. I wouldn't be surprised if that was what it meant, and it's easy to explain why Vegeta wouldn't have it. Goku took years to even unlock the version of SSJ3 we saw during the Buu saga. Not only that, but he was dead, meaning he had it even easier on the training. It stands to reason Vegeta wouldn't reach the same level of power by training only a few years, alive.

Or it's just an error on the character design (which I doubt because Vegeta has no brows). Oooooor... the "new" SSJ4 (which I also doubt because it'd make SSJ3 Gogeta kinda moot, I guess).

Edit: I didn't take into account that Goku also had to unlock SSJ2 and train it, but then again, so did Vegeta while he was alive. Clearly I shouldn't speculate about things when I'm forgetting some important facts.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-03 at 07:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont even know if its official, it could be fan art

Deleted
    I could really imagine this being the "new" SSJ4...

There have already been theories about two different ways of saiyan-transformations:
    "Primal" transformations: Oozaru -> Golden Oozaru -> old SSJ4. Which can be achieved by just being a Saiyan with tail, having certain conditions and having enough power to control the transformations.
    SSJ transformations: SSJ -> SSJ2 -> SSJ3 -> new SSJ4. Which can be achieved by training and extreme emotions.

When you compare Gokus face in the picture above to his face in SSJ3:

The face looks kinda different... a little less like a Neanderthal. I can also see Golden Lightnings instead of the Blue Lightnings SSJ3 Vegeta has for example.
    Moreover the hair in SSJ3 just goes backwards and isn't hanging into his face. But the hair in the new Picture looks shorter and more like a lion's mane (similar to "primal" SSJ4). Actually it looks like old SSJ4 but with golden hair (and hopefully without the fancy cloths).

So maybe we will see something like:
    Goku gets beaten up -> Z Fightes get beaten up too -> Vegeta gets angry which finally pushes him to SSJ3-Level -> SSJ3 Goku+Vegeta bring bils to his 2nd transformation -> 2nd-level Bils beats up both -> SSJ3 Gogeta beats up bils but the energy consumption is way to high and they cant stay fusioned long enough -> looks like bad guy is winning -> goku gets angry, reaches new SSJ4 (which should be stronger than even SSJ3 Gogeta if fusion dance isn't multiplicative and SSJ4 really gives something like 4000x multiplier) and defeats bils.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more likely that gogeta can reach ssj4 thank goku also gogeta looks more like goku than vegeta. kind of how vegito looked a lot more like vegeta thank goku.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i dont even know if its official, it could be fan art
    Oh, I see. Such a shame if it isn't official.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    FPSS4, you get a uni-brow and a golden Mr. Satan manstache.

Deleted
    Goddamn it greymane, the english dubbed trailer is said to be fake and that it will only be in japanse

Ugh, hyped by a dead rat, i don't want squeeling japanese replace my goku and vegeta.

eyebrows mean too much test n tren

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    Goddamn it greymane, the english dubbed trailer is said to be fake and that it will only be in japanse

Ugh, hyped by a dead rat, i don't want squeeling japanese replace my goku and vegeta.
    Pretty sure Funimation said they were already going to dub the movie. The trailer, well, guess there's not much point, at least not yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    from one of the fb dbz pages the fan art is so

*CURRENTLY UNCONFIRMED*

vegeta hits ss3
    gohan can go mystic super saiyan 1
    goku goes ss4 TORIYAMA STYLE

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 05:05 AM ----------