10+ Year Old Account
    I would have thought the red haired guy gave it away.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Never played Chrono Trigger, but I do have Dragon Quest VIII, and you can tell he was responsible for quite a few of the character designs.
    Your missing out, probably my favorite RPG ever and I have played to many to count.

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    I would have thought the red haired guy gave it away.
    For reals eh. As I said I literally hadn't given the game a thought for like 10 years now. At least I picked up on it as soon as I started playing it this time around though, its what made me go find out who the creators were. Not to mention the super powerful space alien invading should of been a nice hint.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-02-18 at 03:21 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account

possible movie spoiler

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/525586_413198052105744_1775506265_n.jpg

possible movie spoiler
    Interesting. Assuming that this is indeed real, it looks good. Not too different from the GT version, but more in line with what the previous transformations looked like. Aparently it still has a tail though. If this is indeed real, I guess that GT is officially de-canonized. But I'll hold my breath. Getting too excited only to be disappointed wouldn't really be good.

In fact, assuming that both this and SSJ3 Vegeta are real parts of the movie, it does seem like Toriyama is giving a huge middle finger to GT. I can't help but chuckle at that thought.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-18 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel like he will

hes basically doing it to who ever made evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Interesting. Assuming that this is indeed real, it looks good. Not too different from the GT version, but more in line with what the previous transformations looked like. Aparently it still has a tail though. If this is indeed real, I guess that GT is officially de-canonized. But I'll hold my breath. Getting too excited only to be disappointed wouldn't really be good.

In fact, assuming that both this and SSJ3 Vegeta are real parts of the movie, it does seem like Toriyama is giving a huge middle finger to GT. I can't help but chuckle at that thought.
    I've scene it mentioned in this thread that possibly the SSJ4 we see in Gt is a primal transformation like turning into the brown or golden ozaru , or Legendary SSJ. That the transformations were used to are another new form of Saiyan transformations caused by harnessing emotions. It seems a little far fetched to me though.

I think he will just pull the whole memory wipe card after the fight with Bils (therefore losing there new powers). Much easier then either scrapping all of GT, or pulling some excuse like I mentioned above out of nowhere. I just find it hard to believe they are going to throw all of GT out the window(as much as I want them too). Like if Toriyama had such a problem with GT would he not have stepped in when it was being made and was first shown?

Love that pic though, looks great.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-02-18 at 09:47 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

i can totaly imagine goku/vegeta bringing bils close to his death, and just when they ask him to fuck off, he "rewind" time to make everything like he never even came to earth and then wipes their memory.

How goku reached SS4 i dont know. Cant wait for this movie
    Last edited by Martinussen; 2013-02-19 at 12:34 AM.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account

Chibi action

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...0scjo1_500.jpg

True?

and Some GT Hate

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I've scene it mentioned in this thread that possibly the SSJ4 we see in Gt is a primal transformation like turning into the brown or golden ozaru , or Legendary SSJ. That the transformations were used to are another new form of Saiyan transformations caused by harnessing emotions. It seems a little far fetched to me though.

I think he will just pull the whole memory wipe card after the fight with Bils (therefore losing there new powers). Much easier then either scrapping all of GT, or pulling some excuse like I mentioned above out of nowhere. I just find it hard to believe they are going to throw all of GT out the window(as much as I want them too). Like if Toriyama had such a problem with GT would he not have stepped in when it was being made and was first shown?

Love that pic though, looks great.
    I would love if they took this as the opportunity to rewrite GT completely and make an "alternate" timeline where Pan and Uub are less of a do nothing and Goku can actually pass the torch like he was supposed to.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think tori had much control over GT or the ability of them to make it or not

10+ Year Old Account
    or it could be that goku could go ssj4 straight away in Gt but being reverted to a child stopped him from doing it without a tail as he couldn't even hold sjj3 against rildo. so never even tried until the old kia ripped out his tail with those pliers. And for vegeta if he thinks he is above someone he'd never use his full strength and for android 17 saga he was like your nothing next thing he knew he was smashed into the ground gargling blood like a bitch.
    Those are my ideas for why it might not completely de-canonise Gt.

Edit:
    Also can anyone read Spanish and translate what's underneath I'm too lazy to type it out in google translate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    Also can anyone read Spanish and translate what's underneath I'm too lazy to type it out in google translate.
    I present to Original SSJ4

Creation of Akira Toriyama which may appear in the new movie Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm i dont think the writing is correct as i just noticed the picture is signed which makes me think fanart im afraid guys. says by saivamakoto in the bottom right and looking closer it looks an awful lot like someone has turned the old ssj4 gold with photoshop the hair is similar he has the same fur and a tail.

edit: Found a picture to show what i mean
    Last edited by Gorged; 2013-02-19 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    edit: Found a picture to show what i mean
    I don't see the resemblance, there are too many differences to assume that it's a photoshopped version of the picture you linked.
    I'm not saying it can't be fanmade... but it's definitely not based on the image you linked.

There is a lot more detail in the new image, his arms are in a different position, his facial expression and hair are different, he doesn't have fur but ripped clothing... Actually, I don't see any resemblance apart from his hair being slightly similar at the front. Still, it could totally be fanmade but I hope not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't mean that picture exactly it just reminds me lf when he first transformed which i couldn't find a image of so i chose that one as it showed the hair the best i could be wrong of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, if you look at the space between his clothes and his abs and pecs, it looks like there is gold fur there. I suspect it is just a well made shop, or Toriyama made it based off the GT version.

Edit: Not gold fur really, but gold skin w/o muscle lines, in the same place as the GT's red fur was.

Deleted
    Looks more like normal skin to me. The arms look yellow as well, might just be the glow.

10+ Year Old Account
    i reallly want them to blow up GT

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 03:46 PM ----------

and start a new series of goku fighting gods! like bills!

because bills is boss

Deleted
    Anybody think the scene with Frieza impaling Krillin with his horn was the most cruel of all DBZ?