10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Speciall Effects are like 1x better than in DBE xD...
    Oki a lot of people seem to understand me wrong, it's not like i thought it was that horrible but there were a few simple little things that couldve made it a lot better for me atleast.

Piccolo was to dark green and his antennae were a bit weird to me.
    Krillin has a nose (dont know if you can fix this with Special Effects but lil details like that put me off)
    Nappa has no mustache (not a real man without one, he may have one but i didnt see it)
    Actors, i know they cast Asians because theyre more disciplined in Martial Arts but some of them just didnt work for me some did though like Gohan and Yamcha were ok.
    Special Effects, didnt feel like they had any depth (to me), Scouters why make them energy fields they were obviously a solid thing in DBZ, Doesnt feel like they use any force firing them just looks like theyre flailing their arms mostly on the Goku vs Vegeta fight, the Destructo disc looked like a pizza tbh and shouldnt it have serrated edges?
    And to a minor degree the saiyan armor i know they already upgraded it and i agree it looks a lot better then the old one from the raditz trailer but still didnt look quite right and its the lil details that do it for me.

So id give it a 7/10 id watch it if they made a full saga but wouldnt just quite like DBZ although i dont think any live action film will ever do it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well translating DBZ to Live action is something that really can't be done without Avatar like budgets... and even then it'd be like 50% CGI...

10+ Year Old Account
    just some epic realistic dbz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I think he just saw the potential in Gohan when he went SSJ the first time and earlier examples. His rate of growth is ridiculous compared to the other saiyans. Meanwhile in Gohan's head he thinks everyone is just holding back when they fight him. Really he's just so far above them and so innocent he doesn't even realize how strong he is himself. That says something about how strong Gohan is and Goku recognized that I think. If he could only get Gohan to believe in himself for one second cell would be crushed.
    I like that one line where Goku asks Gohan if he could follow their combat when he was fighting Cell, and Gohan says yeah he can, and either Vegeta or Piccolo (or both) were shocked because they couldn't follow it.
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    I think it will 100% won't happen.

"New screenshots and scans of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods have been released! The first, below on the left, is of Ultimate Gohan from the movie. He replaces Super Saiyan Gohan who showed up in the second trailer for Battle of Gods. As many of you have mentioned, after Gohan’s training with Old Kai in Dragon Ball Z’s in the Fusion Saga (part of the Buu Arc), there was no need for Gohan to go Super Saiyan as his dormant powers were already achieved. Scriptwriter Yusuke Watanabe and the team over at Toei Animation realized this and made sure the correct version was in the movie. You can see a comparison below of Ultimate Gohan (left, now in the movie) and Super Saiyan Gohan from the second trailer (right, no longer in the movie)."
    It still doesn't make sense. Super Saiyan is only a power increase. A multiplicative of their current power. Why couldn't he go "mystic" which is his full potential power, and then go Super Saiyan (2), and multiply that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It still doesn't make sense. Super Saiyan is only a power increase. A multiplicative of their current power. Why couldn't he go "mystic" which is his full potential power, and then go Super Saiyan (2), and multiply that?
    As I understand it, Mystic pretty much replaces any transformations Gohan has, or could have access to. When he powers up to full, he simply has no drawbacks (such as SSJ3's high energy consuption), but all of the benefits. He can't transform because he's already transformed into his maximum power, it just doesn't show physically. Also, and this is just speculation on my part, but it seems to me that Mystic gives Gohan access to his maximum power available; at the time of the Buu saga, I assume that his Mystic was at the level of a basic SSJ3 (which would still be superior to Goku because of Gohan's higher potential). If he kept training, eventually he'd reach the SSJ3 limit in his Mystic "transformation". That's just how I see the Mystic form though, as far as I know there is no official word on it. But as I see it, it allows full access to one's current "maximum" power without the need of a physical transformation and removing the drawbacks it might have, but you can't stack Super Saiyan on top of it because Mystic is pretty much replacing it.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-03-10 at 09:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I like that one line where Goku asks Gohan if he could follow their combat when he was fighting Cell, and Gohan says yeah he can, and either Vegeta or Piccolo (or both) were shocked because they couldn't follow it.

Not really. It isn't really just a power increase. It is more tapping into reserves of power. Gohan had his unlocked by Old Kai. So now he no longer needs the SSJ forms because it is always on tap, so to speak.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account

soooooooooo

fake or real

as much as i want it, i think fake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    ]

soooooooooo

fake or real

A man can dream, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Know what is funny? When future trunks recaps his training with vegeta in the time chamber.

Vegeta says: I train alone...

Then he walks away and goes and powers up somewhere else.

Didn't know you trained by powering up. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yamcha is the father of Gohan

notice how much they look alike.

Chi Chi must be a saiyan than, the ox king was never suprised by gokus origins... because chi chi was found the same way!

Deleted

soooooooooo

fake or real

Real

0:18

10+ Year Old Account
    what if
    pan = bills

uub = buu

10+ Year Old Account
    what if
    pan = bills

uub = buu
    Impossible. Pan backwards isn't Bils, it's Nap...

HOLY CRAP, PAN IS THE REINCARNATION OF NAPPA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miuna View Post
    Real

0:18
    At 0:18 I see normal Super Saiyan Vegeta, not SS3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Impossible. Pan backwards isn't Bils, it's Nap...

HOLY CRAP, PAN IS THE REINCARNATION OF NAPPA!!!
    may not need to be a literal translation. no idea how uubs parents knew to name him that.

0:24 Yamcha's missing a scar and tein looks like a bean.

Why they make them revert back to dragonball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    and if memory serves me right... he actually could've killed Kid Buu too but he wanted to give Vegeta a chance to fight.
    Not quite. He asked Vegeta to fight so that Goku could gather enough energy to finally kill Buu. Unfortunately, this was the first time he had used the SS3 form in his living body, and he was unable to maintain it. He lost the transformation, so then they switched plans to using the Spirit Bomb.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the dubbed version, sometimes they change the words to make it fit more. In the manga he had been trying to kill Kid Buu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    Yeah guess that kinda screws me over with any argument I have. I've never read the manga, as I prefer watching anime (more immersion). I've never been much of a reader. So if you base it off the manga translations/dialogue, then you're probably going to be right.
    I used to be more anime, but switched to manga for ongoing series since manga are usually an arc ahead. I've tried reading the manga of any anime I've watched just to see how different they are. DBZ anime is probably one of the closest to the original, but there are a few times that the english dubbed changes stuff (sometimes for the better, such as when Cell came back after self-destructing. Original says as long as the main cell in his head remains untouched, he can always regenerate. English dub says that as long as a single cell survives, he can regenerate. English dub makes more sense since Goku destroyed Cell's head).

10+ Year Old Account
    majinn bu just makes me laugh