Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Anyone else thinks it's weird for Vegeta go back to wearing armor in the new movie? It's supposed to take place after the Buu saga, and in the Buu saga he didn't wear armor. And I always assumed he abandoned his armor because it served no more purpose at those incredible levels of power they had gotten.

So I'm wondering, is it another mistake they made with the movie? Just like Gohan going Super Saiyan before they noticed the mistake and adjusted it to Mystic? Or is it done on purpose, and if so for what?
    I always took Vegeta's outfit changes as more philosophical. It's like throughout the series he becomes more human. When he first arrives on Earth he's wearing the full Saiyan armor with the shoulder pads and tassets. After that he switches to wearing smaller Saiyan armor with no shoulder pads or tassets. Then in the Buu saga he ditches the Saiyan armor completely, only keeping the gloves and boots. Then in GT he makes the switch to full human clothes, and by the end of the series he's the protector of Earth. And of course each time he changes clothes like that it signifies some kind of change in his attitude or way of thinking. He goes from a villain, to an on again off again greedy anti-hero/villain, to a regular anti-hero and finally to a real hero.

Vegeta's character growth is one of the few things I like about GT.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2013-03-27 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone feel for when they dub it (IF)

they should get team four star for some of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo I'm watching DBZ on Toonami atm. It's during the Saiyan Saga and wow, I'm kinda realizing how much the dubbing pussied-down the action and severity of what was going on. When Nappa destroyed the city the narrator said during the recap that it was an abandoned part of the city, which it was obviously not. Then the news crew reporting the incident said the civilians evacuated in time. Then when the news choppers were filming the battle, Nappa destroys a couple of them and as you see the pieces falling Tien is heard in the background saying "Look! I can see their parachutes, they're all right!"

It's kinda annoying, but kinda funny at the same time. When they start talking about sending each other to the next dimension instead of killing... ugh, that gets old REAL fast. ><

10+ Year Old Account
    The next dimension part is kind of accurate, since DBZ does have a physical afterlife.

Hmm, just realized something. The people Nappa killed were never brought back by the Dragon Balls, were they? Everyone killed by the Saiyans on Earth were brought back individually by the Namekian balls instead of mass rezzed by the Earth ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Sooo I'm watching DBZ on Toonami atm. It's during the Saiyan Saga and wow, I'm kinda realizing how much the dubbing pussied-down the action and severity of what was going on. When Nappa destroyed the city the narrator said during the recap that it was an abandoned part of the city, which it was obviously not. Then the news crew reporting the incident said the civilians evacuated in time. Then when the news choppers were filming the battle, Nappa destroys a couple of them and as you see the pieces falling Tien is heard in the background saying "Look! I can see their parachutes, they're all right!"

It's kinda annoying, but kinda funny at the same time. When they start talking about sending each other to the next dimension instead of killing... ugh, that gets old REAL fast. ><
    What dub is this? None of those lines sound familiar to me at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    What dub is this? None of those lines sound familiar to me at all.
    I think it's Ocean. It's whatever one they used when I was watching as a kid. I definitely remember the next dimension comments, and some of the other parts sound familiar.

10+ Year Old Account
    shut up or i will send you to the shadow realm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    The next dimension part is kind of accurate, since DBZ does have a physical afterlife.

Hmm, just realized something. The people Nappa killed were never brought back by the Dragon Balls, were they? Everyone killed by the Saiyans on Earth were brought back individually by the Namekian balls instead of mass rezzed by the Earth ones.
    It's kind of accurate in that respect, but because they were trying to make it seem less violent than it actually is, they said that instead of "IMMA KILL THE SH*T OUT OF YOU."

By the way, anyone who wants to watch some of your favorite oldies, such as DBZ, on a regular schedule: ToonamiAftermath DBZ comes on @ around 5:30 EST and 9:45 EST (four episodes a day total). It has the original lineup during Toonami as well; Sailor Moon, DBZ then Gundam Wing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    It's kind of accurate in that respect, but because they were trying to make it seem less violent than it actually is, they said that instead of "IMMA KILL THE SH*T OUT OF YOU."
    True, but there's been dubs that have done worse than that. Imagine 4Kids DBZ.

By the way, anyone who wants to watch some of your favorite oldies, such as DBZ, on a regular schedule: ToonamiAftermath DBZ comes on @ around 5:30 EST and 9:45 EST (four episodes a day total). It has the original lineup during Toonami as well; Sailor Moon, DBZ then Gundam Wing.
    Lol, I remember watching those as a kid, though DBZ is the only one I remember the plot of. I occasionally look up series online that I never finished as a kid, but most aren't as good as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post

I have a sneaking suspicion your Canadian, like myself. When they first aired DBZ on ytv, it was ocean dub, I remember the other dimension and goku's dad being a scientist. I wish my seasons had an ocean dub option, lol.

Than after the saiyan saga it went off air for a while and i remember it being in such demand the zone hosts actually read fan mail about addressing the return of it, when it returned it was the usa version. Probably the reason why I remember Rock the Dragon and the other one.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-03-28 at 04:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion your Canadian, like myself. When they first aired DBZ on ytv, it was ocean dub, I remember the other dimension and goku's dad being a scientist. I wish my seasons had an ocean dub option, lol.
    Haha, yeah, apparently Bardock invented the fake moon ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    team four star for some of the characters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe little kuriboh for bills.... i can see bakura in him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Lol isn't it interesting how few changes it takes to make something look feminine?
    Well, Buu's forms aren't really that masculine to begin with. They're more gender neutral. It's like turning the sign on men's bathrooms into women's bathrooms. The symbol on men's doesn't really have any defining male traits, it's just a generic person. The women's is just a generic person with a few added feminine traits.

Super Buu could be the exception since muscles are usually considered a masculine trait.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Westwood_Dub

You can actually read about how the first 50 some odd episodes were ocean dubbed and not funimation, all the legal stuff that went on.

Piccolo's line kills me in that clip.

"I'm....phasing..into another ...dimension. Wish me back! /dies" Like who dies like that? haha

What the hell does he mean wish me back too, he knows he if goes the dragonballs go. Such a fail dub, being Canadian though it brings back a lot of memories haha.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    My issues with some of the voice actors notwithstanding (Vegeta being the prime offender), the script in that dub is so fucking awful. I literally can't say that enough. The sad thing is Funimation wrote that script and used it for their dub of the show as well.

I don't know how anyone can say DBZ has gotten anything but better in the time since then.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Deleted
    Why don't future trunks and bulma just go live in the main timeline after trunks destroyed the androids?
    Sure it would be awkward at first but if they lived elsewhere away from the z-fighters it could work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Why don't future trunks and bulma just go live in the main timeline after trunks destroyed the androids?
    Sure it would be awkward at first but if they lived elsewhere away from the z-fighters it could work.
    because they want to rebuild their world

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    because they want to rebuild their world
    But, but it's so ruined.

Also, what do you think Hercules real PL is? He is the strongest of the normal humans for sure. But what is his PL? Guessing 7 or so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    But, but it's so ruined.

Also, what do you think Hercules real PL is? He is the strongest of the normal humans for sure. But what is his PL? Guessing 7 or so?
    I don't think the 5 for an average human thing is accurate. Plus, think about his skill versus, say, Chi-Chi, who at one point was over 100. And she trained Goten to the point he broke Super Saiyan (which I think is bullshit, but still). And then think about Yajerobe, who has a power level in the hundreds during the Saiyan Saga. I think Hercule breaks 100 at least.