Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Two kid Super Saiyans rough-housing, one of which can't even control Ki-Attacks yet... how did the Earth survive? You'd think they'd be blowing crap up all the time.
    It's probably the fact that they couldn't control their ki blasts that allowed the Earth to stay intact. I've always been of the opinion that "condensed" is the default form of ki blasts and that expanding them takes a conscious effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    It's probably the fact that they couldn't control their ki blasts that allowed the Earth to stay intact. I've always been of the opinion that "condensed" is the default form of ki blasts and that expanding them takes a conscious effort.
    Then why are there so few finger and eye beams?

Anyway, I thought one of your theories as to why post-Namek fights never destroyed the planet after the first punch was that they were actively condensing their Ki to limit the damage to their opponent and any nearby rocks?

Then why are there so few finger and eye beams?

Anyway, I thought one of your theories as to why post-Namek fights never destroyed the planet after the first punch was that they were actively condensing their Ki to limit the damage to their opponent and any nearby rocks?
    I guess that depends on the style of each person, and different Ki usage with each technique.

For example, Dodonpa is a high concentration of Ki in a form of a small beam, that is supposed to pierce it's targets, not blow them up.

Kamehameha on the other hand is also a high concentration of Ki in a form of a medium-sized beam, that is supposed to either push it's target away or completely anihilate it. It can also blow up moons as shown in original Dragon Ball series by Muten Roshi during Tenkaichi Tournament.

Final Flash - just like Kamehameha, but looks like it's the power of Super Saiyan form concentrated and fired as a monster-sized beam.

As to Ki releases on punches .....
    There are 2 possibilities:

1) They are using Ki to accelerate the speed of their punches and to reinforce their body, which leads to increased power ..... something like releasing it from the back of their hands to accelerate ?
    2) They are using Ki to directly increase the damage of their punches of their fists and to reinforce their body ..... releasing it from the front in a form of small explosions ?

Was it ever explained HOW they are using their Ki to increase their power ? I do remember Piccolo talking about that to android Dr. Gero or Cell, but if memory serves me well it was along the line of "we release our Ki in short bursts to increase our power" ..... or something like that.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that accurate? Also, I'm not seeing Goku's house or Kami's lookout.

Deleted
    Wow, seriously thank you for that map.

Though I don't know what Buu's pit is?

Did I miss something? What episode was that.

EDIT: Ah, never mind, apparently it means Buu's House.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-05-17 at 05:23 PM.

I have no idea how accurate it is. "Son Family Home" is I'm guessing Gokus house because it's pretty near Grandpa Gohans house, in the SE of the continent. Kamis Lookout is going to be above Korins Holy Ground, which is just north of the Red Ribbon HQ, towards the west.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ewww. Vegeta's voice sucks in Kai.
    I don't even know what to say...
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Deleted
    First episode of DBZ, I don't even know how Gohan got up from the waterfall...

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    I guess that depends on the style of each person, and different Ki usage with each technique.

For example, Dodonpa is a high concentration of Ki in a form of a small beam, that is supposed to pierce it's targets, not blow them up.

Kamehameha on the other hand is also a high concentration of Ki in a form of a medium-sized beam, that is supposed to either push it's target away or completely anihilate it. It can also blow up moons as shown in original Dragon Ball series by Muten Roshi during Tenkaichi Tournament.

Final Flash - just like Kamehameha, but looks like it's the power of Super Saiyan form concentrated and fired as a monster-sized beam.

As to Ki releases on punches .....
    There are 2 possibilities:

1) They are using Ki to accelerate the speed of their punches and to reinforce their body, which leads to increased power ..... something like releasing it from the back of their hands to accelerate ?
    2) They are using Ki to directly increase the damage of their punches of their fists and to reinforce their body ..... releasing it from the front in a form of small explosions ?

Was it ever explained HOW they are using their Ki to increase their power ? I do remember Piccolo talking about that to android Dr. Gero or Cell, but if memory serves me well it was along the line of "we release our Ki in short bursts to increase our power" ..... or something like that.
    The best explanation of how they use ki to increase the power of their physical attacks is in the anime, specifically, the fight with the Ginyu Force. After Goku elbows Recoome and takes him out in one hit Vegeta goes into a fairly detailed explanation of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    I don't even know what to say...
    say that you agree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    First episode of DBZ, I don't even know how Gohan got up from the waterfall...
    You finished the original DB? What did you think?

Deleted
    You finished the original DB? What did you think?
    It was good, damn good. I ddid miss the normal training later on in the series though and Goku's growth spurt was a shocker.

2 things, first off what's the appeal of Dragon Ball AF? The series ended well and I doubt that there's going to be another season or series anytime soon. Secondly am I the only one who cringes at these pictures from meme sites and 9gag?
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendsayin View Post
    2 things, first off what's the appeal of Dragon Ball AF? The series ended well and I doubt that there's going to be another season or series anytime soon. Secondly am I the only one who cringes at these pictures from meme sites and 9gag?
    dbaf is just fanfics, it has the appeal of fanfics

Quote Originally Posted by Legendsayin View Post
    I think it's very likely there will be another series soon. Otherwise Battle of Gods is a very dastardly tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I think it's very likely there will be another series soon. Otherwise Battle of Gods is a very dastardly tease.
    Still can't find a watchable version of that . Managed to stay spoiler free all this time to so its killing me.

This gave me a chuckle, regardless of its bad grammar.

Also, nice find on that map.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-05-19 at 08:56 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

this was just too cool not to post

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...26/358/c3d.jpg

Image too large.
    Last edited by Zoma; 2013-05-20 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    this was just too cool not to post

*snip*
    That image gave me both a feeling of "awesome!" and "we're all gonna die aren't we?".

Also, can't help but chuckle at the predator. Because female body. Predator with boobs.

... well it could be worse, we almost had a Yakon with boobs in DBM...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Is that accurate? Also, I'm not seeing Goku's house or Kami's lookout.
    kame's is bottom right square, top left corner of the sqaure.
    Goku's house is directly above it.