10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Isn't it a bit of a "lesson" we often see in Animes? That those who work hard (Goku) eventually are stronger/better than those who have talent but are lazy (Gohan)?
    Well, when you apply this logic to Vegeta it suddenly stops being true. Because Vegeta trained harder than Goku, but Goku simply has more natural talent. I'm not saying Goku doesn't train, but it seems to come much easier for him than for Vegeta.

And Gohan seems to have even more natural talent than Goku, but simply doesn't know how to use/access it very well.

This thread is way cooler than any dumb pony thread will ever be.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well, when you apply this logic to Vegeta it suddenly stops being true. Because Vegeta trained harder than Goku, but Goku simply has more natural talent. I'm not saying Goku doesn't train, but it seems to come much easier for him than for Vegeta.

And Gohan seems to have even more natural talent than Goku, but simply doesn't know how to use/access it very well.
    But it does still apply to Vegeta. After all, Vegeta keeps surpassing Gohan aswell, simply not as fast as Goku. It's more like this:
    Goku (talent + lots of training) > Vegeta (less talented but looooots of training) > Gohan (super talented but near to zero training in times of peace)

10+ Year Old Account
    then there is goten

baby he was born this way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    But it does still apply to Vegeta. After all, Vegeta keeps surpassing Gohan aswell, simply not as fast as Goku. It's more like this:
    Goku (talent + lots of training) > Vegeta (less talented but looooots of training) > Gohan (super talented but near to zero training in times of peace)
    Ah yes, when you put it like that it does seem to make sense. I can see why Vegeta was disappointed with Gohan in the beginning of the Buu saga. So much wasted potential.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 06:48 PM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the reason Goku surpasses Vegeta everytime isn't only talent and hard work, but goku always gets trained by others learning new techniques and such, the only time I remember him training alone was when he was going to Namek in the ship at 100G... Vegeta trains by himself always... and thus doesn't learn anything new and it's harder to aquire power by yourself... at least that's how I see it.

Deleted
    Thats a good point actually... Goku is the guy who is nice to everyone and always eager to learn from others while Vegeta basically is a asshole (with a good heart though) who doesn't think anyone could learn him anything. After Cell Saga thats actually true though... Pikkon is the only one in otherworld who is stronger than Cell and where Goku can still learn something.

Still Vegeta has better teachers in his childhood... being trained by saiyans and other aliens with powerlevels that are way over 9000 is more effective than being trained by humans/guardians of earth who can't even reach a powerlevel of 500. Moreover he has way more experience being a saiyan warrior from his childhood conquering different worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe not the best teachers for vegeta, but most certainly the better combat experience.

15+ Year Old Account

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Who are the people in the 3rd card? It looks like a combo between Saibamen and the Ginyu Force.

And lol at the 4th card. Is that a fusion between Mr. Satan and Krillin? or Goten?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Who are the people in the 3rd card? It looks like a combo between Saibamen and the Ginyu Force.

And lol at the 4th card. Is that a fusion between Mr. Satan and Krillin? or Goten?
    Per your first query, I actually do not know. I can't figure out who they are and I've never seen them in the manga or show.

For the second card, that's based on the filler episode in Z where Goku imagines what him and Mr. Satan would look like if they fused. It's actually a very rare card because it doesn't exist in the manga.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2013-05-26 at 12:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the second card, that's based on the filler episode in Z where Goku imagines what him and Mr. Satan would look like if they fused. It's actually a very rare card because it doesn't exist in the manga.
    At first I thought it was Goku based on that episode, but the picture looks too short, so I guessed Krillin or Goten. In the episode the Gocule fusion is taller.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, which is why this card A: makes no sense and B: is a more rare card.

I think my favorite of all my cards are on my first page, or my card of Broly holding Son Goku from the Broly movie. Great shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, it turns out it is in the Manga.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5181/gokusatan.jpg

So the picture is based on the manga and not the anime.

---------- Post added 2013-05-25 at 06:08 PM ----------

I think my favorite of all my cards are on my first page
    Didn't notice it at first, but are those Power Level 11 cards holographic?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post

I literally just killed an hour trying to figure out who those people are. At first I thought that might be part of garlic Jr's race(when hes all jacked up) but the ears and teeth are all wrong. Maybe they were an early concept of the Ginyu force? That doesn't seems right either though. They are definitely not saibamen either, as they are too big and don't have the split down the middle of the head.

I even tried looking up the specific card (#571) to get its title or name but there been so many reprints and renumbering over the years with those cardass cards I cant find any solid database or list of them that isn't different from the next one. There's even been a news series of them released recently that go with that Japanese arcade game. Any idea what set those cards belong to Master Guns? Or when they came out? That would help me alot.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-05-26 at 01:52 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Figured it out. They are called Bio-warriors, and they were in Bio-Broly

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Bio-Warrior

15+ Year Old Account
    @Zoma, nice! It makes me feel even better knowing the card is from the Manga and not the show. Makes it more special to me.

Nice job finding out who those guys were. I really hated that stupid movie, I skimmed through it. That's probably why I didn't notice who they were.

@Duncanidaho, all of my cards are original print, printed by Bandai in Japan in 1993-1996. The original Carddass collection. Each card has a year on the back, all range from those years. Each year is represented in my collection at least 10 times.