radeon x700 mobile graphics
    80 GB HDD

to

PC:
    intel E8400 core2duo @3.0 GHz
    2GB DDR2 ram
    GeForce 9800 GTX+
    300GB HDD
    1.5 TB external HDD for storage (bought in the last few months)

I am planning to jump to this very soon (going to talk to the guy at the computer hardware store this week):

intel i7 2600k, might overclock
    8+GB DDR3 RAM (1333 MHz - 1600 MHz
    GTX 570 (maybe that twin frozr one), might overclock
    128 GB SSD (system partition + office + wow)
    500 GB HDD (other software)
    1 TB HDD (storage)
    and the 1.5 TB external for more storage + backups

Went from a Pentium 1 60 mghz to a Pentium 3 450 I think? or 500, I forget.

No the Drusin never gets like super amazing upgrades because I always get the latest stuff. I built a 3kish computer last year that i'm giving to my wife now and i'm building myself a new one. I just love building

Deleted
    I have a few upgrades that have been potent. Restricting it to computer only, I'd probably go ahead saying it was going from a mid-tower case to a full tower. I have always been a fan of smaller builds (mATX and mITX builds with watercooling are closest to my heart), so stepping it up to a full tower (the NZXT Phantom) was a pretty large step for me. But it wasn't really a performance increase.

Upgrading to my current 32" full-HD TV was also a large step as I had a 20" bulky old TV before. Image quality of movies went up tremendously, while normal broadcasting looked scaled and horrid. Still remember the first time I plugged in my 360 to it and was amazed at the picture clarity.

Hm, going back even further I reckon the biggest upgrade I have ever experienced was going from the old Mac I had to our first "home-PC" with a Pentium II and Windows 95. I used to play Unreal Tournament and GTA on that machine. And that was an upgrade from playing HUGO and a Flight Sim demo.