Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised how many people don't know their shit... some of you people actually play priests?

Don't macro Inner Focus to your spells. Dumb idea.. Use it smart.
    Flash for emergencies. It eats mana, but heals nice.
    Penance and PoM on cooldown.
    Use inner will. Its nice :3

Int > Haste > Mastery > Spirit crit is the worst stat

The key to disc is PREVENTING damage, not healing it. With grid you can see who has agro, so putting shield on them before they take damage will be better.

More raid-situational, but use binding heal to heal your group (especially if you're about to take damage)

Also if people stand in dumb shit, fail shit (interupting is hard), and suck (like what happens in 99% of pugs). It WILL make your life a living hell.. because people dying to fire will always blame the healer before they learn how to play.

tldr; holy <3
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B8rk/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    You're not picking up what I'm putting down

Inner focus or not you aren't going to get a 35-50k shield off of one PoH which is what you seem to be saying, even 11k(on one person) would mean you had to have a crit of over 30k and that just doesn't happen.
    I just tested it on my priest, 11171 DA shield. o.O

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...?s=2409&e=2829

Log report for Domo kill last night you see DA averaging 8.2k with 82% uptime. I ended the fight fairly well in terms of mana, was a little diecy for a moment cause we didn't have our normal 3rd healer but it was fine. Only 25% overhealing which for that fight isn't bad.

So yes it does happen, and it happens very often. Maybe you just never noticed the difference or maybe there's some other difference between gear/spec/or some other variable. *shrugs*

Int > Haste > Mastery > Spirit crit is the worst stat
    Maybe if you were holy this should be better. Cause if holy you want more throughput, not so much with Disc.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1568013564#3 <---Discipline Healing Guide and Discussion

The value of haste increases as you get better gear and in turn more mastery. It also helps with multi-targeting healing. However at his gear level and considering the content Crit has a higher stat weight value than haste.
    Last edited by lizon; 2011-09-12 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    I just tested it on my priest, 11171 DA shield. o.O

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...?s=2409&e=2829

Log report for Domo kill last night you see DA averaging 8.2k with 82% uptime. I ended the fight fairly well in terms of mana, was a little diecy for a moment cause we didn't have our normal 3rd healer but it was fine. Only 25% overhealing which for that fight isn't bad.

So yes it does happen, and it happens very often. Maybe you just never noticed the difference or maybe there's some other difference between gear/spec/or some other variable. *shrugs*
    you seem to think divine aegis only comes from PoH.... with Gheal I can get between 25-30k shield from it in one 90k+ crit I'm talking about PoH which cannot crit for 30k (if you use double int proc/use trinkets with a volcanic potion and lightweave and power torrent and AA and full raid buffs with a demo lock maybe for one cast once in your life but not reliably) even in BiS gear. Overall average for DA means nothing

Edit: your WoL says average non crit PoH 5175 average crit 9332 with 32% overhealed (1552-2799 shield per cast on each person, that seems low so I'm guessing its not counting overheal so your average heal is lower. Realisticly you should be getting 9-11k non crits and 18-22k crits resulting in a 2700-3300 shield for non crits and a 5400-6600 shield for crits)
    Last edited by Vicarious; 2011-09-12 at 06:49 PM.

Deleted
    Inner focus or not you aren't going to get a 35-50k shield off of one PoH which is what you seem to be saying, even 11k(on one person) would mean you had to have a crit of over 30k and that just doesn't happen.
    You're missing the DA double-dip on PoH crits. If you have mastery for say 40% DA you'll get 40% of your heal as DA on a poh normal heal. You'll get 80% on a crit though. So a 7k poh hit procs a 2.8k shield, but a 14k crit procs an 11.2k shield. So 11k with poh is actually quite easy.

I just checked, self-buffed I was able to easily get an 18k poh crit proccing a 13.4k shield.

---------- Post added 2011-09-12 at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Depends what you call smart... I consider IF a mana reduction ability so I use it on cooldown, hence macroed to spells. Trying to use it as a clutch give me a crit ability is going to end in disappointment a lot.

you seem to think divine aegis only comes from PoH.... with Gheal I can get between 25-30k shield from it in one 90k+ crit I'm talking about PoH which cannot crit for 30k (if you use double int proc/use trinkets with a volcanic potion and lightweave and power torrent and AA and full raid buffs with a demo lock maybe for one cast once in your life but not reliably) even in BiS gear. Overall average for DA means nothing

Edit: your WoL says average non crit PoH 5175 average crit 9332 with 32% overhealed (1552-2799 shield per cast on each person, that seems low so I'm guessing its not counting overheal so your average heal is lower. Realisticly you should be getting 9-11k non crits and 18-22k crits resulting in a 2700-3300 shield for non crits and a 5400-6600 shield for crits)
    I didn't use that many greater heals. Also I know I'm not blowing smoke here. Here I am clicking off DA, then casting it, as you can see it procs for nearly 11k off of a 13k POH heal. I'm not BSing, this is what I see all the time.

Depends what you call smart... I consider IF a mana reduction ability so I use it on cooldown, hence macroed to spells. Trying to use it as a clutch give me a crit ability is going to end in disappointment a lot.
    I use mine on cooldown as well but I just don't macro it. I just like having the option to choose what heal to use with it. I guess it's more of a personal preference, as long as it's used all the time it's good.
    Last edited by lizon; 2011-09-12 at 07:06 PM.

I wasn't aware it double dipped like that since I'm not really looking at the combat log for PoH. That is interesting. I wasn't factoring in mastery but with a crit PoH it shields for more than it heals in my setup. Anyway my point remains still, unless 2-3 crits you would still be getting less than one PW:S of total absorb. Mastery can close the gap some though.

edit: nevermind its like 85% i just had a low non crit DA still on me when cast
    Last edited by Vicarious; 2011-09-12 at 07:31 PM.

Somewhere in this topic, someone said not to use heal?
    That's weird. I use it as a filler a lot. 10m FL, that is.

I wasn't aware it double dipped like that since I'm not really looking at the combat log for PoH. That is interesting. I wasn't factoring in mastery but with a crit PoH it shields for more than it heals in my setup. Anyway my point remains still, unless 2-3 crits you would still be getting less than one PW:S of total absorb. Mastery can close the gap some though.

edit: nevermind its like 85% i just had a low non crit DA still on me when cast
    Raid buffed I'm at around 20% crit, popping IF I'm at 45% so getting a crit is very probable. Plus we normally pop hero around the 6th stack and we goto 12-13 stacks. I normal pop PI around when hero is popped and I get at least 1-2 crits each scythe. Considering that it stacks I can easily get DA shield up to 7-15k depending on how lucky I am with the crits. This is well worth the cost when you consider that:

A: I'm healing up raid damage.
    B: Building a 7-15k DA shield on the raid before the next scythe.
    C: Instead of spending 63000 mana to shield up an entire 10m raid I'm only spending 22000 mana to shield up an entire 10m raid.
    D: It would take me 10 seconds to get 10 shields under ideal conditions. PoH only takes me about 9.5 seconds tops, that's not including hero and/or Power Infusion.

To me that's mana efficient healing. More healing, larger shields, in less time for less mana.

This of course all changes depending on the fight but we were talking about Domo here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cl0ver View Post
    Somewhere in this topic, someone said not to use heal?
    That's weird. I use it as a filler a lot. 10m FL, that is.
    I'm actually using it less and less personally. I find using PW:S to get Borrowed Time + Greater heal is more efficient, especially in heroic modes. I still use heal, just not as much as I once did.
    Last edited by lizon; 2011-09-12 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I'm surprised how many people don't know their shit... some of you people actually play priests?

Flash for emergencies. It eats mana, but heals nice.
    Penance and PoM on cooldown.
    Use inner will. Its nice :3
    Oh, I'm sorry... can you think of a better use for this than on cooldown? What on earth could you POSSIBLY be saving it for? This isn't PvP, buddy. You're probably the type that lets the spirit stack stay up from Jar of Ancient Remedies too, rather than use it on CD.

OP, don't listen to him. Macro it. Trust me. It makes a world of difference.

Ok so ive read most of these and not one person has mention that maybe there not ready for Heroics. Just caues you can Q for them doesnt mean your char is ready. As a disc priest healer my self http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gmastif/simple And i also have a tank that i do herocis as well. Both Healers and Tanks need to have better gear to do there roll than any DPS. Id say keep doing more Reg instances and get better gear then all will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    Raid buffed I'm at around 20% crit, popping IF I'm at 45% so getting a crit is very probable. Plus we normally pop hero around the 6th stack and we goto 12-13 stacks. I normal pop PI around when hero is popped and I get at least 1-2 crits each scythe. Considering that it stacks I can easily get DA shield up to 7-15k depending on how lucky I am with the crits. This is well worth the cost when you consider that:

A: I'm healing up raid damage.
    B: Building a 7-15k DA shield on the raid before the next scythe.
    C: Instead of spending 63000 mana to shield up an entire 10m raid I'm only spending 22000 mana to shield up an entire 10m raid.
    D: It would take me 10 seconds to get 10 shields under ideal conditions. PoH only takes me about 9.5 seconds tops, that's not including hero and/or Power Infusion.

To me that's mana efficient healing. More healing, larger shields, in less time for less mana.

This of course all changes depending on the fight but we were talking about Domo here.

I'm actually using it less and less personally. I find using PW:S to get Borrowed Time + Greater heal is more efficient, especially in heroic modes. I still use heal, just not as much as I once did.
    I'm not saying stacking DA up with PoH isn't ever the answer just that sometimes shielding is the answer and it depends whats going on. If it heals the raid then PoH is definitely the route to take in this case, but in this select situation after knowing about double dipping I would probably say shield tank and PoH that group(renewed hope crit on the tank and hopefully get some other crits 1-2) and then inner focus the other group, this is in prep for a scythe when the raid is at full but outside that i still would intersperse PW:S since its 100% reliable and crit aside from when you have 50%~ because of inner focus and renewed hope isn't. I would never spam 10 shields by the by just 3-5 if the situation permitted it. I just have a slightly higher % of PW:S and slightly lower %overheal on PoH on that fight is all.

anyway...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic but it helps to understand what exactly you were basing your statements off of and I wish the DA tooltip was more concise

Deleted
    You can stack some pretty good DAs with poh given a bit of time. I managed 50k on the whole raid before alysrazor once (just for fun really, not needed). much easier to keep them stacked than PW:S too.

There's a bunch of maths for poh vs pw:s on EJ - poh comes out just ahead for hps since the crit changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    You can stack some pretty good DAs with poh given a bit of time. I managed 50k on the whole raid before alysrazor once (just for fun really, not needed). much easier to keep them stacked than PW:S too.

There's a bunch of maths for poh vs pw:s on EJ - poh comes out just ahead for hps since the crit changes.
    It caps out at 40% of your buffed max health, I think I have it capped around 57900 or so in raids. I build it up on everyone before beth'tilac alysrazor rhyolith domo and on tanks for rag

It comes out ahead for hps if you're either spamming one or the other and both are 100% not wasted at all but in reality different situations warrant different behavior and a combination of both.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thread has gone off-track. There has been some unnecessary insulting and the OP has deserted the thread.

Thread = Closed. Play nice so I don't need to turn verbal warnings into infractions.