Xfire vs Fraps... xfire, why such bad fps?

So here is my question, its regarding the 2 in game video capturing software's which are Fraps and xfire(not livestreaming).

So yesterday i installed both Fraps and xfire to see which 1 would be better, which 1 gives better fps and which 1 i like better overall and is easier to use...
    The game im mostly going to be making videos for is WoW, especially for PvP and post it up on youtube and such...im not looking to broadcast/livestream on xfire... only video capture.

So my question/ problem is this... why is xfire giving much less fps when its recording then fraps does...
    Like when i pvp... i usually get about 30-40fps... with fraps on i get about 18-25... but with xfire i get about 5-10... i dont understand why...
    i know my laptop is very bad since its a couple of years old, but the question is why is xfire a lot worse then fraps on the FPS?

my current laptop is a gateway link here:

http://support.gateway.com/s/noteboo...p2.shtml#sup_1 the Graphics card that i currently have now is the ATI Radeon 3200 graphics card... shitty i know

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slizardxoxo View Post
    the Graphics card that i currently have now is the ATI Radeon 3200 graphics card... shitty i know
    there's your answer bro, old cards aren't good for video capture. However in my experience I always got much better fps with xfire.

i understand that for the most part... until i read a post about it on AJ, and some people were having same issue, and their cards were pretty bad too, yet they get 60fps so i still dont know

are both programs recording audio AND video?

what video quality are they recording in?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you recording full or half quality in Fraps? Also, are you recording with sound?

yea im recording audio and video(both in game sound/ and me talking through my mic)

i dont know what quality, i assume whatever the default quality it is right after u download it and launch up your game.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I assume you are playing and recording to the same HDD, this will cause some major FPS drops.