Target Healing--

Hey guys,

New to the priest class and one thing that I wanted to inquire about is that I've seen several PVE raiding vid's and I saw a few people with there UI set up in a way where you don't have to click the target to heal it. They were just able to scroll over there target frame and heal them with out loosing focus on there current target, is this done via UI or with macros? and if so, what are they? thank you!!

google mouse-over macros.

thats is what it is called when you just hover your mouse over a unit frame and can heal it

There are macros and addons that can help with this. The macro being /cast SPELL [target=mouseover] and the addons being countless. A popular one being healbot.

Personally using mouseover macros on my resto shammy
    Mouseover target = heal that target
    Mouse not over target = heal self

Works like a charm

That way i can keep boss or anything else as my target and be ready to purge/interupt without target switching
    "A wise man once told, Just because you can lift a car over your head and know your strong, does not mean your existance of life is more important than a Beetle who can lift 150 times his own size."
    http://imageshack.us/f/696/ultik.jpg/

you might want to check out clique, also combine it with grid!

other than using mousover macros with the default UI which i never got into you can use Grid + Clique or Vuhdo to do this without macros

Vuhdo is a little less user friendly but much more customizable if you take the time to fiddle with all the bells and whistles

Code:
    #showtooltip Spellname
    /cast [target=mouseover] Spellname
    Then you just drag the macro to a slot and give it a keybind
    Kaeldin the Flamebreaker, lvl 85 Blood Elf Priest [Grim Batol EU]

There is never enough haste to compensate for bad DPS or a stupid tank.
    You can't heal stupidity.