10+ Year Old Account

HC Lord Rhyolith directing

Any guild who has done this able to offer any advice? How did you do it?

Right now we have 1 voice (Myself) directing him left or right. Are there other ways to do this?

I'm steering him as well. There's no real other way to this, however you should also be able to call out "straight". To do this, assign DPS to his left and right leg which should be about equal. They will only DPS their leg when you call out for him to walk in a straight line.

Another hint is: He updates his direction once every five seconds. Plan ahead. If you want him to do like a 270° turn, call "straight" at 200°, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good advice

We assign people to each leg and then we assign floaters who have a primary leg they stick with but generally just turn the boss. If they person calling out turns want a sharp right/left, then everyone switches. We've found it very important for the steerer to be very explicit with what he wants the DPSers to do ("a little bit left to get the active one right there"or "a full turn-around" etc.). You also don't want too many people on the adds because they'll die to early and jump one which leg you're talking about and make him do a full 180 ( /facepalm moments); you want just enough ranged on the frags to get them down before the next adds spawn. We have extra people switch for the sparks so we can get them down before they reach 4 stacks (when next set of frags spawn), so you if you do something similar (keep in mind if you can switch to the spark later than 3 stacks then you'll gain DPS), remember that you won't have all of the extra DPS on the legs so hard turns might be less possible. It's all about practice and having players who don't suck. 3 ranged who can do around 25k DPS and then 4 DPSers on the legs who do however much DPS is you do with >50% damage reduction.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    We just stick a few melee and 2 ranged on it, and have half the melee + 1 or both ranged swap when we call for a "straighten him out".

Also, you should try using the term "hard to port", "starboard ho", and "full speed ahead" while driving this guy; makes for some hilarious moments during raid lol.

He gains a buff when going straight. A 50% speed buff. This allows him to outrun those many fuses from liquid obsidian. I drive my raid group, and every night with a different raid set up the steering feels different. Get the feel of it. I call for straightens earlier than most because some raid comps take that long to straighten. That's just an example.
    We also keep him straight at the beginning. Many people like to hard turn him, but it loses time more often than not.
    Also, look ahead. You know you're about to hit the volcano southside, and there are 3 volcano's east side not active yet. So naturally you should be turning towards them after you hit the southside volcano because he more than likely will activate those next. Be proactive like this.
    You miss one volcano, you fall behind on stacks. You're raid wipes. Don't miss.
    All in all, the more straight you can go, the better. We hero around 25 armor left and about 50% health to push him to p2 before too much superheated.
    It's also a good idea to have your whole raid wear Mirror trinkets from TB dailies. Helps a lot in p2.
    Good luck!

On 10, we assigned one DPS to each leg and a third one for 180 turns. I'm one of the drivers, Hunter, and I call out if we need a straight (ie. balance on leg, one DPS on each, no third), or a turn (ie. if we need a right, the left guy switches to right). The other driver is an enShaman and let's me know if his legs will be able to 'cut' an active volcano, giving us the go to start turning, but that's all the communication we need.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by DeathSniper View Post
    Also, you should try using the term "hard to port", "starboard ho", and "full speed ahead" while driving this guy; makes for some hilarious moments during raid lol.
    I like your style, sir.