Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Interesting gear choice - [RET]

So while randomly checking some Rets, i saw that guild Enraged Revolution killed HC Raggy today/yesterday, and when i saw something on their Ret who was on Raggy HC, i wondered is that me not thinking outside the box, or is there something wierd there?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%ACm/simple

Pro tip: Check his cloak.

Edit: I worded text in topic a bit bad, i'm just thinking does he think its better and we are still in ICC, or he is just messin around, and if so, can someone thinking seriously like that kill HC Raggy.
    But yeah as most of people said, prolly trolling armory
    Last edited by NaaBcAke; 2011-09-11 at 10:50 PM.

Interesting. I say he logged out wearing it to confuse you >.>

Quote Originally Posted by NaaBcAke View Post
    So while randomly checking some Rets, i saw that guild Enraged Revolution killed HC Raggy today/yesterday, and when i saw something on their Ret who was on Raggy HC, i wondered is that me not thinking outside the box, or is there something wierd there?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Chìm/simple

I think I read about this somewhere. It's because the cloak has an extra slot for it's iLvL. By using that cloak is he able to get a stupid amount crit still socket for some strength and gain some hit out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    While its true that cape would give him more crit rating you would think the strength lost would be more valuable.

That's because last time I checked strength was by far more valuable then crit rating.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

15+ Year Old Account
    Boosting ilvl for wowprogress "cough"

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    this.

h dreadfire drape is fine, for a prot paladin. the 378 cloak, despite it being the only str dps cloak, is still better. this isnt ICC anymore where h bloodfall was awesome for us, str is king.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Yeah i hope its something silly like that and not that he seriously think that loosing 227-80(2 sockets) str for a few points of hit/crit outwages it :/ Otherwise it makes you wonder how he got to the HC Rag : /

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    this.

h dreadfire drape is fine, for a prot paladin.
    It's actually horrible for a prot paladin since agility doesn't give dodge anymore.
    Last edited by Ruak; 2011-09-11 at 10:57 PM.

their crit rating is almost identical to their mastery rating, thus making h apparatus proc crit (with vessel stacked), which is inferior to the mastery proc.

it's wowprogress related, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    it's wowprogress related, definitely.
    You'd think that someone who just killed HC Raggy would be happy with that, and not carring about silly things like wowprogress, but o well, thats a bit off topic now

The current BiS retri Cloak is the pvp cloak only because of the strenght, the 160mastery is nice aswell. The 160 resilience is a HUGE waste though but Strength > crit/haste.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

as an aside, why cant we upgrade our cloaks with a firestone? (it would have low priority behind weapons/trinkets, but still)

i'm so jealous ferals/hunters/rogues get such an awesome cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruak View Post
    It's actually horrible for a prot paladin since agility doesn't give dodge anymore.
    It's actually amazing for a prot paladin because it allows for a dumb amount of mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Furykin View Post
    It's actually amazing for a prot paladin because it allows for a dumb amount of mastery
    If you're desperately aiming for the CTC cap - sure. 391-geared paladins are not that desperate as they have more than enough itembudget to cover it

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    The current BiS retri Cloak is the pvp cloak only because of the strenght, the 160mastery is nice aswell. The 160 resilience is a HUGE waste though but Strength > crit/haste.
    Out of curiosity where did you see this? I know last tier the PvP gloves were BiS till Heroic Raids. I'm assuming it's the same this time around as well because of the 5% boost to CS damage. I haven't heard anything about the cloak, but that doesn't mean anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NaaBcAke View Post

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%ACm/simple

Edit: I worded text in topic a bit bad, i'm just thinking does he think its better and we are still in ICC, or he is just messin around, and if so, can someone thinking seriously like that kill HC Raggy.
    But yeah as most of people said, prolly trolling armory
    Technically while I'm not a fan of the Agility cloak since it helps us very little it is better than the 378 rep cloak that you are probably using 0 expertise from.

Cloak comparison now before you blow this out of proportion there are a few things to look at.

You can see by the wowhead page there are 2 scores and it's pretty important to understand what you are looking at. Top value is Ret stat values excluding caps and the Bottom value is stat values based on using the full capped stat value.

So if you can make use of all the Hit after a reforge on the Dreadfire cloak then it is our BiS cloak. The PvP cloak is a good option other than the Dreadfire cloak but the rep cloak well it's just garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

The only way you would be using zero expertise on the cloak is if you took the t12 chest and were using Heroic HoR which doesn't make any sense. If you want to use HoR you use the Domo chest, if you want to use the t12 chest then replace HoR with AoK or the rep trinket. While you might be able to manipulate numbers to make the Agi cloak look like it's BiS that scenario only occurs if you make poor gear choices that cause you to waste expertise. There's no BiS list that will tell you to take the cloak, BiS trinkets for ret are heroic AoK and heroic Apparatus, so the second you drop HoR (or the t12 chest), the rep cloak beats the Agi cloak.

I think his weapon choice is more interesting. >_> Though it could be for the same reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruak View Post
    If you're desperately aiming for the CTC cap - sure. 391-geared paladins are not that desperate as they have more than enough itembudget to cover it
    But this is the point. Reach the CTC cap, then it's basically about keeping there as much as possible whilst maximising EH, which is where this cloak comes in.

Reach the CTC cap, then it's basically about keeping there as much as possible whilst maximising EH, which is where this cloak comes in.
    If you're using an agility cloak for tanking, you're doing it very very VERY wrong. Agility does *NOT* give dodge anymore.