Deleted

Buying from Ally AH as Horde

I have a problem here. I want to buy Enchanted elementium bars, however my Horde side AH doesn't have any up. There are tons on the Ally AH though. I thought, simple. All I need to to is send my money on my horde main to an alt ally, purchase on the ally, send back to horde. However apparently I can't because the 'target isn't friendly'

What I have resorted to is mailing the posters of the bars to get them to put the bars on the Neutral AH in bootbay.

Will that work and is there any other way?

You can do a couple things to get them yourself. First you'll need a friend, or different account. Make an ally toon, and go to the Booty Bay AH. Post something stupid for a high price in gold (However much you need to buy the bars). 1 hour later, that account or friend gets the gold from the Horde through Neutral AH. Next you buy the bars from the Ally AH, then put them back in the Neutral AH for like 1 copper, and then on your account you buy them. Done!

Deleted
    Ask a friend to post them on neutral AH and you buy 2 sec after. Works best if both is on Vent/TS/Skype/Phone or RealID.

If he descides to sell them on the neutral AH keep in mind a steeper price. The goblins rip off a huge auctionhouse fee compared to the faction-specific auction houses.

Another possible way is to make an ally, go to the neutral AH and sell something cheap like Fresh Water you bought from any random npc for a huge sum of gold with your Horde character. Now your ally has the gold to buy the bars. Next, sell those through the neutral AH. But dont be a fool and risk someone sniping them and set another descently high gold price.
    All this will cost you a fortune just in AH fees, i think the gobs take 20% or something, but you can do this on your own.

So id reconmend you stick to your current plan of simply contactic the alliance seller and strike a deal with him. In the long run itll be alot cheaper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    You can do a couple things to get them yourself. First you'll need a friend, or different account. Make an ally toon, and go to the Booty Bay AH. Post something stupid for a high price in gold (However much you need to buy the bars). 1 hour later, that account or friend gets the gold from the Horde through Neutral AH. Next you buy the bars from the Ally AH, then put them back in the Neutral AH for like 1 copper, and then on your account you buy them. Done!
    I take it that would require me being super quick? What if someone happened to be browsing the nuetral AH and bought the 1 copper bars before me : < I'd have to be pretty slow though for that to be a problem.

If you are going to post them on the neutral AH for 1c, be very careful, I know of, even a few people in my guild, that have made thousands sitting at the neutral AH for an hour buying all the nice things that are put up for 1c.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithor View Post
    I take it that would require me being super quick? What if someone happened to be browsing the nuetral AH and bought the 1 copper bars before me : < I'd have to be pretty slow though for that to be a problem.
    Its happened before. Just do it during off peak hours. Yeah, the Neutral AH has a 15% cut, so make sure to do your math!

I've actually stolen peoples goods before on the Neutral AH. Muahaha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just be careful because there are people that try to catch rare priceless items for super duper cheap. They sit there and scan the AH for goods like this. And then they buy it with an addon that regularly refreshes.

Enchanted Elementium bars you say?

Why not um just go 2 mann BWL up until Krillix, the little goblin just before the 2 drakes before Chromaggus, killing all the trash in the laboratory. Collecting all the Elementium Ingots along the way.

Krillix the goblin at th end flankd by 2 - 3 Draconoids is on a 30 minute timer and drops Elementium Ingots (formerly known as Elementium Ore) which is used to make Enchanted Elementium bars (formerly known as Elementium bars)

Krillix is on a seperate respawn timer from the rest of BWL due to the fact he drops "guide to Smelting Elementium", which is how you learn to smelt the ingots into bars.

The old method for learning how to smelt Enchanted Elementium Bars was to have a priest Mind control Krillix and use his ability to teach any and all miners in the raid how to smelt the bars needed for legendaries and other equally RPrific stuff.

This method was later changed so he drops a book which teaches you how to smelt the Ingots into Bars.

One book per raid per kill.

Fortunately his respawn timer is not tied to the rest of the instance and is a week long lock out. You can farm him every 30 mins or so.

Assuming you get passed the surpression room.

Otherwise, yeah run the risk of trading goods via the Neutral AH.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

As a note of caution mentioned by others.

If i were you id use vent and have one guy at booty bay and another at Gadget. And only make a trade when there is no-one else at the AH.

There is an addon (not sure if its illegal) that snipes high value items at a low price and i personally know ppl who have lost cata epics this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithor View Post
    Getting items stolen within a matter of 2seconds is very unlikely, ur real enemy is the bots camping the neutral AH, you can report them but you'll never get your items back.

Always put a worthless item such as Greater Celestial Essence on the neutral AH for like 1 copper to test it out, if there's a bot buying it out the moment you put it on the neutral AH, best is don't do any trading, or have you or your ally friend kill the botter.(you might end up losing goblin rep if you kill any guards)

Now I'm not saying Greater Celestial Essence will lure all the bots out, it's just an example, so you don't really know.

The only way to be sure is by /who tanaris, /who cape of stranglethorn, /who winterspring, on both Horde and Alliance side, if there's no one on all 3 zones for Horde and Alliance, then you can be sure that there won't be anyone buying your stuffs.(Then again I might be wrong since you now can browse the AH via iphone/etc)

Lastly, if you are not putting everything up for 1c at the same time, even if someone managed to 'steal' your auction you won't lose everything. Do it slowly 1 by 1.

TL;DR - neutral AH = risk.

Quote Originally Posted by redderz1 View Post
    As a note of caution mentioned by others.

If i were you id use vent and have one guy at booty bay and another at Gadget. And only make a trade when there is no-one else at the AH.

There is an addon (not sure if its illegal) that snipes high value items at a low price and i personally know ppl who have lost cata epics this way.
    It's not illegal, it's just faster than you. Completely fine by the Blizzard ToS. Chances are, you will get sniped, so before transferring make sure there's no lvl 1-10 characters in Booty Bay, Gadgetzan, or Everlook. Also, don't post for 1c or 1s...if you've got the money, post them for 30g or so apiece. That'll help minimize the sniping.

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    Getting items stolen within a matter of 2seconds is very unlikely, ur real enemy is the bots camping the neutral AH, you can report them but you'll never get your items back.

Always put a worthless item such as Greater Celestial Essence on the neutral AH for like 1 copper to test it out, if there's a bot buying it out the moment you put it on the neutral AH, best is don't do any trading, or have you or your ally friend kill the botter.(you might end up losing goblin rep if you kill any guards)

Now I'm not saying Greater Celestial Essence will lure all the bots out, it's just an example, so you don't really know.

The only way to be sure is by /who tanaris, /who cape of stranglethorn, /who winterspring, on both Horde and Alliance side, if there's no one on all 3 zones for Horde and Alliance, then you can be sure that there won't be anyone buying your stuffs.(Then again I might be wrong since you now can browse the AH via iphone/etc)

Lastly, if you are not putting everything up for 1c at the same time, even if someone managed to 'steal' your auction you won't lose everything. Do it slowly 1 by 1.

TL;DR - neutral AH = risk.
    Getting items bought out from under your nose by a person sitting at the AH in under 2 seconds is a very likely risk; I AH snipe from time to time, and it only takes me under a second to buy out an auction; all I have to do is hit my macro button. Most snipers have their Auctioneer configured to snipe items with a very high return profit, so posting Greater Celestials will only catch the numpties who don't know what they're doing. Contrary to popular belief, we don't just snap up every single item under a certain amount, and flooding the AH with blacksmithing hammers or mining picks does nothing to deter us.

*edit*
    As others have said, the easiest way is to farm them from BWL. It's not like it's hard at the moment.
    Last edited by halmotors; 2011-09-25 at 01:17 PM.