Video card / upgrade suggestion

Howdy, I've got a bit of an older machine, built this box a couple of years ago.. at the time everything was top end hardware.

Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9550 (12M Cache, 2.83 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)
    EVGA FTW Edition mobo, 780i I believe.
    EVGA 280 GTX super clocked edition video.
    8GB ram.
    Coolermaster cosmos S case.

Not that its struggling with any games in particular right now, but im building a new box sometime closer to the release of diablo 3... and I work out of town so i'm always lugging this PC around.. and if your familiar with the cosmos S case, its a fuckin pain in the ass (huge). So ideally i'd still like to use this computer at my worktown house... but would like it a bit stronger so I can enjoy the visual splendor of titles like D3 in higher details.

Is there a reasonable upgrade for this build video card wise, that the 9550 can still pump into it ? Would be a shame to buy a newer gen card and not be able to use it fully.
    Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6 ghz - Corsair H100 - 16GB DDR3-1600 - SLI GTX 580 - Crucial 240GB

Corsair Obsidian 650D - WD 2TB Black Storage

I don't think you will have any trouble playing diablo 3. If I were you I would wait until diablo 3 comes out and see how your computer fairs.

Well for me im going to be in a weird spot. When my favorite title of all time comes out with a sequel I love to have everything as high as I possibly can.
    So when I buy a new computer to stop myself from luggin shit around all the time, (60% work house, 40% home) - itll be sad to have to downgrade my visuals.

Just thinkin if theres anything in the 150-300 range that would do that for me, but I supposed yoru right and I should wait it out some more.
    Patience isnt something I was blessed with -_-
    Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6 ghz - Corsair H100 - 16GB DDR3-1600 - SLI GTX 580 - Crucial 240GB

Corsair Obsidian 650D - WD 2TB Black Storage

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    We should know more about the game very shortly now that it has gone to family and friends beta. With that being said system spec's should come out. As far as I know the game will be based in DX9 which your card supports but outside of that I have zero information.

I'd say wait for the time being.

D3 doesn't have good graphics... your machine will easily max it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.