Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Anyone else hating heroic Majordomo ...

We recently killed heroic Majordomo with the zero swipe tactic and I felt absolutly useles, under normal circumstances ie almost every other encounter I am more or less topping the dmg meters but this fight is just killing me runing around 50% of the time to avoid getting hit ( wich not always works out ) while almost every other class has an easy way to avoid the leaps (blink ftw ^^) am i missing out on something there or is it just a bad encounter for Shadows ?

DPS on domo H is random due to jumps. Don't use it to judge your overall DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Run preemptively and you don't get hit, problem solved.

Switch to Inner Will. Start strafing once his energy bar reaches 90 and your set for the jumps.

Deleted
    hmm i forgot about Inner Will good idea thx

Stand at max range so that the jump has a longer travel time. Start running before Staghelm's energy reaches 100. That should solve your problem.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

You raid as a team. Overall success is better than personal DPS. The first strat we used I stood out while almost everyone else stood in. I was on top of the DPS meters along with the mage who stood out also. Everyone else was way below.

The zero swipe tactic brought up overall dps, lowered personal dps, made the fight faster and safer. I don't know about you, but I much prefer to kill the boss rather than wipe 10 times and eventually be on top of the meters.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was the highest ranged DPS that stacked for swipes and I always take orbs. It's part luck (jumps) and it's part moving (jumps). Shadow is fine on the encounter.

well theres not much you can do about the lack of a "jump-spell", or the fact that majos jumps are random, so who cares? you cant do anything about it, just do your best as always, and supress the urge to cry just because your not dmgmeter pos 1 for once :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    well theres not much you can do about the lack of a "jump-spell", or the fact that majos jumps are random, so who cares? you cant do anything about it, just do your best as always, and supress the urge to cry just because your not dmgmeter pos 1 for once :-)
    What? I dodge them most of the time, you don't need a "jump-spell".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Stand at max range so that the jump has a longer travel time. Start running before Staghelm's energy reaches 100. That should solve your problem.
    This is a really horrible idea, majordomo should stand in the middle and all the ranged should be standing on the outer ring of the circle. By doing this your ranged dps should not be out of range of the boss for more than a sec thus giving your raid far more time to dps, it also means that majordomo will get back to the melee faster so they will also be able to do more dps too.

But as kuku suggested try to move half a sec before he jumps every time and you will be able to out run it even when standing very close to the boss.
    Last edited by mmocaa84e3d5fa; 2011-09-23 at 10:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    This is a really horrible idea, majordomo should stand in the middle and all the ranged should be standing on the outer ring of the circle. By doing this your ranged dps should not be out of range of the boss for more than a sec thus giving your raid far more time to dps, it also means that majordomo will get back to the melee faster so they will also be able to do more dps too.

But as kuku suggested try to move half a sec before he jumps every time and you will be able to out run it even when standing very close to the boss.
    You're forgetting something, the longer distance Domo jumps, the longer time the melee has to kill the adds without loosing dps on Domo himself, the adds hurt on 25H.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    You're forgetting something, the longer distance Domo jumps, the longer time the melee has to kill the adds without loosing dps on Domo himself, the adds hurt on 25H.
    They hurt but they definitely dont hurt that much, basically by doing what I described my guild was able to push out 5% more dps on majordomo before enrage when he was still 'hard'.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post

except the longer jump distance lets you keep your buff and if domo does go out of range just switch to adds, which isn't padding in this case.... so...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemcqeen View Post
    except the longer jump distance lets you keep your buff and if domo does go out of range just switch to adds, which isn't padding in this case.... so...
    To be quite frank you dont need that much distance to be able to avoid his jump unless you are slow, you just gotta be moving when he jumps. Standing at the circle will increase your dps on majordomo and you will still be able to kill the adds fast enough, as I said it should increase your raids dps on majordomo by about 5%.

edit: it might not always increase your personal dps (incase you are unlucky) but it will increase raid dps.

even if you are preemptively moving you are still likely to take damage more times than not. While I agree max range isn't necessary, the circle isn't enough imo
    Last edited by Stevemcqeen; 2011-09-23 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    What? I dodge them most of the time, you don't need a "jump-spell".
    wabla, even if you are a smart guy, and manage to dodge the majo-jump completly, does that have any influence on the time you spend running? the time your moving is obviously the same, and time moving = dps loss, thats what the thread author was refering to. and theres nothing you can do about that. did i say anything about needing a "jump-spell"??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    wabla, even if you are a smart guy, and manage to dodge the majo-jump completly, does that have any influence on the time you spend running? the time your moving is obviously the same, and time moving = dps loss, thats what the thread author was refering to. and theres nothing you can do about that. did i say anything about needing a "jump-spell"??
    Getting hit is obviously a fuckton more of a dpsloss than running is, that should be obvious. I can't get how the OP is mad about having to run when he gets a +100% dmg buff most of the fight, if something he should be mad about melee getting a free pass on the leaps. "the fact that majos jumps are random, so who cares? you cant do anything about it" gives me the impression that if you get hit, it's because Domo jumped on you, not because you failed. I misread about the "jump-skill" but nonetheless.

Deleted
    What i tried to say is just that you always have to move every jump, while most other classes have the luxury to actualy just do anything when majo is already flying towards them wich is a huge advantage dmg wise ( not that it realy matters anymore since the nerf )

Personally I feel like blink and lock portal are cheating in this fight and blizz ought to disable those abilities for it.