Deleted

current Disc Priest Trinket question

Hi there i wanted to put it out to the comunity and ask what is the best healing trink combo ... currently i have Alch Stone and Eye of Blazing Power both nice int stats as well .... now we have reached raggy so im able to get jaws once it drops and also have just got revered with avengers so have got fiery quint ... so ... which is the best combo to use
    ps ... cant aford DMCS at the mo so its not on the list .

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emara/advanced

Im finding it very hard to part with my alch stone as no other trinkets really pop out as an upgrade in stats for me but im not to sure about the Eye of blazing power now either its all to confusing . Fiery Quint looks nice but tbh i dont need the Spi because im reforging so much out of my gear i dont need any more coz i never go out of manna so if any one has advice i would be greatfull .

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tsunami and Jaws eventually. Just save up for the Tsunami. If not, go back and farm Cho'gall for Fall of Mortality, or use a Core of Ripeness.

I thought that FoM had more Spirit overall versus Tsunami and seemed to be the better choice. I also read somewhere that the Alchy trinket was generally awful because of the true lack of valuable procs (averages one time use per fight? doesn't seem that great). Was I misinformed?

I have Tsunami, Regular FoM, Blazing Eye, Alch Stone and FQ.
    Last edited by Rawrzer; 2011-09-13 at 12:22 AM.

Deleted
    Assuming you use 10 spells within 20 seconds, Jaws gives (saves) about as much mana as Tsunami/FoM with some extra throughput.
    Actually getting the most use of it means you'd have to use it on cooldown every single cooldown and cast 10 spells, which can be hard without much of the healing being wasted/unnecessary

Eye hasn't really impressed me.

FoM has higher overall spirit than Tsunami assuming full uptime (as in it proccing every 60 seconds), but the 10% proc chance decreases that a bit. They are really about as good, but tsunami is more reliable.

Currently using Tsunami+FoM, will probably switch FoM for Jaws when i get it, mainly for the higher intelect (which also adds regen btw).

15+ Year Old Account
    From a regen PoV, I believe it's: Heroic FoM > Tsunami > FoM.

Am I being bad for just enjoying Eye of Blazing Power?

Deleted
    So no one rates Eye Of Blazing Power then ??..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Assuming you use 10 spells within 20 seconds, Jaws gives (saves) about as much mana as Tsunami/FoM with some extra throughput.
    Actually getting the most use of it means you'd have to use it on cooldown every single cooldown and cast 10 spells, which can be hard without much of the healing being wasted/unnecessary

Eye hasn't really impressed me.

FoM has higher overall spirit than Tsunami assuming full uptime (as in it proccing every 60 seconds), but the 10% proc chance decreases that a bit. They are really about as good, but tsunami is more reliable.

Currently using Tsunami+FoM, will probably switch FoM for Jaws when i get it, mainly for the higher intelect (which also adds regen btw).
    sounds like it would be great on baleroc HC for spamming shard victim to build up stacks as from what iv seen in our attempts its what ruins healers mana.

Deleted
    Since when were we having regen issues as disc?

Go for Jaws and Eye for maximum throughput.

The heal from Eye cannot be explained by maths, there are times it will prevent a wipe on certain heroic fights. If you are having regen issues as disc, make sure you have 2000+ spirit from the rest of your gear, and use mana fiend early rather then waiting for you to be totally oom. getting 2 mana fiends off in a single fight will completly remove all mana concerns, together with decent rapture tracking.

Jaws is awesome for bursty healing phases of heroic baelroc shard stacking, domo cleave phases, beth p2, alysrazor burn phase, rhyolith phase 2 etc etc etc, use it with Power Infusion and go crazy.

Deleted
    yeah deffinatly no manna issues here ... so jaws and eye ftw .... thx for the info guys most enlightening

10+ Year Old Account
    Will post my question here (hope someone reads) to use the already opened topic.

I'm playing discipline in a 10m (3/7hc). Currently I am using Jaws NM and Quintessence (spi --> haste). I have access to the heroic version of Eye from Aly (I didn't read many nice comments about this trinket in its normal version). Question is: do I go for the heroic Eye or not? Is it worth it purely cause of the Int boost?

Edit: No access to Shard of Woe sadly :/. Can't get this.
    Last edited by Adelle; 2011-09-21 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    I typically run with Shard of Woe & Jaws of Defeat or Shard of Woe & Heroic Jar, depending on the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Posix View Post
    I typically run with Shard of Woe & Jaws of Defeat or Shard of Woe & Heroic Jar, depending on the fight.
    Heroic jar is trash as disc priest mate. Only viable as holy.

On topic:
    Jaws > Eye > Stone > Fiery. Unless you use conc pots then stone is second in line.

I believe BiS is:
    SoW
    Jaws HC
    Eye HC
    Jaws normal
    FoM HC
    Doll
    Stone (if conc pot)
    Tsunami
    Jar HC
    Eye
    FoM
    Core
    Stone (if no pot)
    Fiery
    Jar
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-09-21 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Heroic jar is trash as disc priest mate. Only viable as holy.
    Any idea why, as an example site, Ask Mr Robot rates it extremely highly then? Just loaded up my priest in it to check and it rates it 3rd for Disc Trinkets?

Personally I've found it very useful in certain situations: getting extra mana to cast a barrier or Divine Hymn on Beth'tilac or Ragnaros heroic as a quick example.

Jar steals throughput and gives you effic in return. In most situations you'll find this lowers your HPS, since spike often wins out over sustained throughput for healing done. It only starts to become better if you're having severe OOM issues, and if you play disc this just shouldn't be happening.

At least FoM still has static int.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-09-21 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    I just got Jaws of Defeat today it's a nice upgrade from Tsunami since the spirit on it was partly useless for me now running with Jaws of Defeat and Rune of Zeth, crit + static int + proc edit: on use int = more crit / regen == win well for me anyways.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-09-22 at 06:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jaws and Eye. Too much intellect to ignore, and we gain a lot more than other classes from it.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    HC Jaws + Eye

Dont have any mana issues with around 2400 spi

Just remember to manage your rapture CD and all GD

Especially after nerf

10+ Year Old Account
    Shard of Woe and Jaws although since the nerfs tuesday I used Eye of blazing power for all the bosses except rag. They die so fast we cleared 7/7 heroic in >2 hours. 1 shot first 6 2 shot rag. Hard to spend mana we actually tanked the sparks in the raid on Rhyo and asked people to walk into the fire snakes so we could heal something.

Shard is hands down amazing though. I macro to PoH and Smite so that it always gets used close to on CD. Jaws I macro for on CD usage as well.

I'm using Necromantic Focus and Core of Ripeness. I know NF isn't optimal but I can keep it at 80% uptime in a 3 hour raid. Any other priests using NF? I'm curious how it ranks with other trinkets.