Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    rofl at this game

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm wtb mini patch for transmogrification/void bank!

I'm just speechless.... Nerf to Heroic modes? really? I could see Ragnaros nerfed a mile away when i was progressing, but nerfing those other 6 bosses is just spoiling the self called "hardcores".... Bah...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey makes my life easier since I just came back to HC raiding and get my proto hawk now faster!

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Yeah like good guilds could just turn off icc buff to avoid playing a mind numbing shitty gear farmfest for 6 months? See how that worked?
    This makes no sense. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

If ICC was too hard, they could have turned off the buff. But then they would have go and farm gear? You realize that's what people have to do before the buff, right?

I welcome this change :P Loot whore galore

Deleted
    I must say I appreciate Blizzard giving us a heads-up about this. Is it just me or are they starting a "listening and showing it" policy ? First the questions about the classes, then this... Anyway, I don't really care about normal difficulty, it's actually a good thing it gets nerfed : it'll enable PUG's to run Firelands without any problem (even though that's already the case in most places). About heroic difficulty, people who didn't manage to dig their way through to Ragnaros yet get what they deserve... It's been a while now since most guilds, mine included, are 6/7. If you didn't manage to get there, then your guild/raid simply didn't show enough skills to do it, get it over with. I'm actually glad heroics are getting nerfed (as long as they don't nerf Ragnaros again), it'll just be an easier way to clean 6/7 on every Wednesday.

I just don't get it, why even have normal and heroic modes if they are going to nerf the heroic version, I thought the design philosophy was to use normal to allow people to see the content and heroic to provide a challenge to the once that want one. Soon done with this game, not fun getting everything handed on a silver platter.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good to see that some people will actually be given a chance to clear content or hell even see Rag on normal and heroic!

This seems so rushed. I would imagine they would nerf the past content once the new content comes out. Not pre-nerf so we all get bored/burnt out faster... And why nerf Heroic?

i am not a hardcore raider so this doesnt bug me either way we arent progressing through FL very well right now...mostly due to lack of pple but i dont mind the nerf i guess i might actually get to see content before a new patch is released.

Deleted
    im sorry but this is WRONG because my guild are working on raggy and if we kill him after the nerf we wont feel right damn you blizz

15+ Year Old Account
    Whoa whoa what? They're nerfing it this heavily DURING the tier? That makes no sense, wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    I just don't get it, why even have normal and heroic modes if they are going to nerf the heroic version, I thought the design philosophy was to use normal to allow people to see the content and heroic to provide a challenge to the once that want one. Soon done with this game, not fun getting everything handed on a silver platter.
    This. Normal is for people to see the content. Heroic is for those who want a challenge.. And isnt supposed to be meganerfed to the ground..

So does this mean I get to cancel my subscription? Raiding with challenges is the last thing that interests me in wow anymore...specially heroic modes. If they want to nerf something, hit normal modes, but leave the heroic modes alone. They are there for the purpose of extra challenge. Let those that can't go that far feel the raid on normal mode, but heroic is for those who want challenge.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

But seriously, I suppose this should help my guild finish our first Dragonwrath a little faster. And heck, it's going to me! I should be moderately happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Good to see that some people will actually be given a chance to clear content or hell even see Rag on normal and heroic!
    You could already see normal rag fairly easily, and nothing wrong with making it even easier, but why would anyone that doesn't care about progression would care about seeing heroic Rag or heroic modes? They are meant to be the real fight, the real challenge, but lorewise/skin wise/whatever they are identical to normal, normal is there so people ''see'' content, so why nerf heroics?
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2011-09-13 at 12:13 AM.

i just realized there are nerfing t12 across the board yet they are leaving t11 hms as they are quite stupid imo

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a good thing.
    The elitists QQing is a very good thing.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

The only reason I can think of for the heroic nerfs is because Heroic Ragnaros is such an epic fight and has an extra, completely different phase at the end, something we've seen in relatively few encounters (Maloriak is the only one that comes to mind, but that's not as large of an added phase as Rag P4 is). Most of the time, HC mode just adds a few mechanics and more health and damage, but Rag actually adds an entirely unique phase that transforms the boss in a unique way. Blizz probably just wants the players to see one of the most epic encounters they have ever designed the way it was meant to be seen: WITH LEGS!