Thread: SSD broken?

Deleted

SSD broken?

Today my Pc crashed in my absence. later on i was having booting issues. pc had power for couple of seconds and turned off immediately afterwards. after being disconnected from power i could reboot my pc all of the sudden. but instead of my ssd it started from my hdd. neither windows nor my boot menu can find the ssd (SSD 115GB 270/280 Phoenix EVO SA2 GSK) now.

neither did i move my pc nor did i do anything else.

so is it broken or can i do anything?

thanks in advance!

regards, kalo

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it boots your OS fine on the normal hd and won't recognize the ssd anymore, odd. Check your connections (sata) to and from your ssd/motherboard. Maybe you aren't even getting power to your ssd? (try using others - manual) I would have expected an error while booting from ssd perhaps I'm wrong. If it's under warrenty I would definately pick up another after you've tested the connection.

Does your motherboard BIOS ID your SSD? If it doesn't then check your connections.

If it does then check your BIOS setting to make sure your it is your primary boot device.

===edit===

Also go through the usual motions, i.e restore motherboard bios settings to default/optimal, unplug the rest of your HDD's leaving only the SSD in, reset CMOS etc...
    i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz watercooled, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, 2x GTX580, 2x 120gb Corsair Force GT's, 128gb Crucial M4, 4.5tb Storage
    Corsair 600T white, OCZ 1250w ZX PSU, 27" Samsung 950D 3D with ilyama 20" portrait monitor