Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How Is This New Computer?

Hello, I was thinking of possibly selling the comp I have now: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227218

and buying this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227366

Is it worth the hefty upgrade? Looking to play Diablo 3 on Max settings. with a high FPS.

550ti is really bad graphics card.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend customizing it yourself. Buying a prebuilt guarantees a low to medium end video card no matter the manufacturer.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Any suggestions on what to buy? I've never built a comp myself before.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    you could most likely manage with the i5-2500k processor, 8gb ram, 120gb SSD, and I like the GTX570 OC edition but there are some ati cards that are good. Maybe SSD later if that's over your budget.

If I'm not mistaken the Radeon HD 6950 has good performance/price ratio? idk gl I'm sure others here will help you more.

Deleted
    Alright, you could get a prebuild version, but atleast upgrade it's memory to 6-8gb DDR3 1.6mhz(or 1.333, cheaper..) and a radeon hd 6970 or 6870(cheaper/older) (these are real beasts and run diablo 3 on ultra settings with absolute ease..) and get a new 2nd i7 processor with at least 2.0Ghz and a turboboost to 2.90 should be fine tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    Any suggestions on what to buy? I've never built a comp myself before.
    Only do it yourselfe if you know what to do, or have the company where u buy the parts assemble it for you.

But ye, mostly a beter bang/buck then a prebuild pc, imo.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

If you guys could provide links of what to get that would be appreciated.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you guys could provide links of what to get that would be appreciated.
    If you don't want to build it yourself I would check out cyberpowerpc.com. Check the stickies for some builds and just build it through a company.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Cyberpowerpc has an incredible deal on gtx 570 right now.
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DH54A
    That config is much better than the prebuilt in the op... the 570 is almost twice as powerful as a 550ti.
    Should order it before their special runs out.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

15+ Year Old Account
    what's your budget OP?

Custom build by Uggorthaholy

moboMsi P67, SLi/CF ready – $129.99
    cpuIntel i5 2500K – $219.99
    ramCorsar 1600 MHz Vengeance Low-Profile 2X4GB – $57.99
    gpuTwin Frozr GTX 560 Ti – $239.99
    hdd1Samsung Spinpoint 1TB – $59.99
    osWindow 7 Home Premium 64-Bit – $99.99
    psuCorsair 80+ 650w – $84.99
    sinkCorsair A70 – $41.42
    caseCooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower – $59.99

Final Price – $994.34
    Note that certain parts can be changed in/out for personal preference, ESPECIALLY the case. I do not include SSD’s because I am not comfortable/knowledgeable enough to recommend them with any form of confidence

That's the same price if you don't need a keyboard/mouse/monitor, and will be a slamming system.

If you are a student, cheaper windows.
    If you have a microcenter near you, buy the mobo and CPU there and you will save $90.00 right off the top.

that cyberpower build is really solid too, and an amazing deal for the GTX 570.

That is a nice cyberpower build.

That is a nice cyberpower build.
    Price does not include Windows, but still it's almost on par with the $999 from Newegg you were looking at with graphics card that does double fps.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Okay now for my last question, I am selling my old computer and don't want anyone to get my personal information from it. How would I go about making it so they can't? Do I format the computer back to factory settings?

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay now for my last question, I am selling my old computer and don't want anyone to get my personal information from it. How would I go about making it so they can't? Do I format the computer back to factory settings?
    remove the hard drive.

Depends on how paranoid you want to be.

For most people just reinstalling OS so that you first delete all partitions and then create new ones and do full format (not quick format) on all partitions will be good enough.

if you want to make sure nobody who's competent enough to google for undelete/unformat tools can get to your data you use a program meant to wipe disc (write it full of random crap) and then delete partitions and format it. Instead of wiping the disc you can also encrpyt it (free TrueCrypt for example) before the delete/format for same effect.

If you're really paranoid and/or work for CIA or NSA or similar organization you first encrypt it, then pull out the hard disc, physically destroy it and put in new empty disc and install OS.
    Trolling should be.

If I sell the computer without a hard drive that means they can't access anything that would be on my Desktop like a "insert name here" folder right?

15+ Year Old Account
    If I sell the computer without a hard drive that means they can't access anything that would be on my Desktop like a "insert name here" folder right?
    right, that's all stored on the HDD. Without a hard drive, the computer doesn't turn on, there's no windows, etc.

Hmm, well someone is willing to buy my old one for $500.00 and that's why I asked. I would like to sell it with everything including the OS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, well someone is willing to buy my old one for $500.00 and that's why I asked. I would like to sell it with everything including the OS.
    Then Vess' post is the one to follow.