Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
    solo instances next
    Or duo instances. that would be pretty cool :P

Deleted
    And what if my computer can't run 25 man raids? No lfr tool? Oh well, I guess it was time to buy new computer anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
    solo instances next
    Welcome to Age of Conan / StarWars: The Old Republic / World of Whinecraft

The single-player instancing ... ahem, single-player aspects, become dull, fast. I pray that is not the case for The Old Republic.............. If I wanted to play single-player games with chat-functions, I'd spend more time on Steam - and, I already find it irritating that I can't play Fallout New Vegas when my cablemodem goes down or the power goes out (yes, when the power is out - don't bother trying to figure it out).
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaendra View Post
    I play a rogue. Too bad this legendary is shaping up to be total shithouse. Make legendary for only one class: Maybe awesome for that class. Make legendary not even for all specs of that class when the only role it can fulfill is DPS: What the hell, Blizzard?... fucking sigh.
    I thought all rogue specs used daggers? Sub uses double dagger, Assassination uses double dagger and combat uses Mace/Axe and dagger.

Or am I totally wrong?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    :S i have to fight with the other druids, mages, spriests, ele shamans to get a staff and rogues get a legendary dagger that is only used by rogues :S

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    I thought all rogue specs used daggers? Sub uses double dagger, Assassination uses double dagger and combat uses Mace/Axe and dagger.

Or am I totally wrong?
    The issue with the rogue dagger will depend on what speed the dagger is (ie slow main hand fast off hand). Assassination uses that setup as well as sub rogues... but combat rogues do yes use daggers, but only in off hand which must be a 1.4 speed. In other words, if the legendary dagger is a 1.8 speed main hand, combat wont be viable anymore as combat rogues can, but should NEVER use a 1.8 speed dagger in main hand. Aka... if dagger = 1.4 all rogues rejoice, if it = 1.8 speed combat rogues re roll to assassination or not get it. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    The problem with a tanking legendary is due to what tanks wear. (2 hander - dk, 1 hander + shield - pally/war, staff/polearm - druids *don't shoot me if this is wrong, i don't tank and it's been a long day ok :P)

So a legendary shield = dks and druids pissed. A polearm/staff = dk/warriors/pallys are pissed, hunters would claim it (tbf hunters would claim anything). Strength anything = druids pissed (even if they can equip it'll go to a pally/warrior). Literally the only option for a tanking legendary is a trinket as all other armor has to have either strength or agility on it. Unless blizz changes it so all tanking classes use a shield then a tanking legendary is pretty hard to work into the game and still please everyone.
    You could absolutely have a Legendary Tank weapon. It is possible and so much easier than everyone is making it out to be.

Have you ever picked up a quest where you had to choose between 3-4 different items? It makes perfect sense that Blizz could just make the end of the Legendary quest reward a class specific item for 1 of the 4 tanks in the game. DKs would only be able to choose the 2h weapon, where as warrior/pally types could have to choose a 1h weapon type. As for the whole Druid thing, unless it is a "Class" item for Druid alone, Hunters are going to use it no matter what at some point. Even Farrel DPS types will use it because of how Blizz has tuned Druid Tanking and DPSing.

Im a tank at heart. I have 3 of them now and I love it. I would love to see a Legendary weapon in our favor, but really, it is of little use to us. You can crunch the numbers all day long, look at survivability charts until your eyes bleed, and even somehow justify the tank DPS boost you would get from such a weapons, but really, a legendary is not going to make us perform any better.

Deleted
    just make it multiclass item like Tarecgosa staff...somewhere in quest line just let players decide to what item they want (dagger,sword,axe...?) i really don't get why it have to to be only rogue item..we don't have rogue in our 10 man team so no1 can get it

Deleted
    The problem with a tanking legendary is due to what tanks wear. (2 hander - dk, 1 hander + shield - pally/war, staff/polearm - druids *don't shoot me if this is wrong, i don't tank and it's been a long day ok :P) So a legendary shield = dks and druids pissed. A polearm/staff = dk/warriors/pallys are pissed, hunters would claim it (tbf hunters would claim anything). Strength anything = druids pissed (even if they can equip it'll go to a pally/warrior). Literally the only option for a tanking legendary is a trinket as all other armor has to have either strength or agility on it. Unless blizz changes it so all tanking classes use a shield then a tanking legendary is pretty hard to work into the game and still please everyone.
    It's been said before but the easiest option is a mace. For warriors/pallies its a 1h str mace, for druids a 2h agi mace and for DK a 2h str mace. They would all share the same model but maybe change in size and you wouldn't have to even make different versions just hand it straight to the guy since no druid is going to take the DK mace, so lore wise you would make no mention of the different versions. Besides the stats probably wouldn't be overly important anyway, especially as threat is a non-issue anymore, itd be all about the proc on the item which would be easy to balance for all tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeino View Post
    You could absolutely have a Legendary Tank weapon. It is possible and so much easier than everyone is making it out to be.

Have you ever picked up a quest where you had to choose between 3-4 different items?
    Would not feel legendary at all then + making epic awesome questline ending with 3 different items would be the impossible thing, since we have multiple 'phases' for new legendaries

Deleted
    i really hope this is a joke we dont have any rogues

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicKiller View Post
    just make it multiclass item like Tarecgosa staff...somewhere in quest line just let players decide to what item they want (dagger,sword,axe...?) i really don't get why it have to to be only rogue item..we don't have rogue in our 10 man team so no1 can get it
    The idea of a class specific or classes specific isn't unheard of and worked out quite well in the past. A legendary isn't something that everyone should be able to obtain. Look at Warglaives of Azzinoth to be exact. It was initially designed to be for 2 specific classes. Later they added DK for some reason, but meh.

Long story short, if they make it for just rogues then it will be a powerful asset to them. If they have to make it for hunters and anyone else that wants to use it then Blizz will have to balance the damn thing so everyone can use it, they just have to reforge it. If that happens then the worth of it goes down, the total output of the thing goes down, and then you have people fighting over who really deserves it...

I don't get what all the fuss is about ... Blizzard's logic was probably the following and is pretty simple: Tarecgosa can be used by all caster DPS classes, meaning: Mage, Warlock, Druid, Priest, Shaman Shadowmourne could be used by plate DPS classes: Warrior, Paladin, DK Val'anyr could be used by all healers: Priest, druid, shaman, paladin That leaves 2 classes that didn't get a legendary item in either wotlk or cata up to now: Rogues and Hunters Since you simply can't get a legendary item that would be usable for the both of them at the same time, you gotta keep going back: the last of these 2 classes to get a legendary was the hunter with the legendary bow in sunwell. I don't care if the rogues could use it ... seriously who cares about an orange item that's just a stat holder ... doesn't count for rogues IMO. Now there you have it, I say gogogo for rogue legendary dagger, they deserve it. (and for the record, my main is a DK, NOT a rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by XeroFour View Post
    Yay a dagger legendary that forces me to play a spec I hate. No thanks, they had better do something so it can be used as combat.
    lol if u don't have a dagger offhand then ur just... lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeino View Post
    The idea of a class specific or classes specific isn't unheard of and worked out quite well in the past. A legendary isn't something that everyone should be able to obtain. Look at Warglaives of Azzinoth to be exact. It was initially designed to be for 2 specific classes. Later they added DK for some reason, but meh.

Long story short, if they make it for just rogues then it will be a powerful asset to them. If they have to make it for hunters and anyone else that wants to use it then Blizz will have to balance the damn thing so everyone can use it, they just have to reforge it. If that happens then the worth of it goes down, the total output of the thing goes down, and then you have people fighting over who really deserves it...
    i didn't fight who deserves it or not...but look at caster legendaries...all were available to multiple classes

Quote Originally Posted by Lihonessa View Post
    I said it before, and I'll say it again.DPS does not deserve any Legendaries whatsoever. At all. Give them to the Healers and the Tanks. They are the ones keeping the raid alive, and thus they are the ones who can use the bonus.The fact that Blizzard does not understand this astounds me to this day.
    You, my friend, have a stupid point. Good dps makes you take down the boss, no dps = no takedowns, so you really need to think twice about that..

Deleted
    Would not feel legendary at all then + making epic awesome questline ending with 3 different items would be the impossible thing, since we have multiple 'phases' for new legendaries
    Why would they even need a choice, no warrior tank is going to pick a 2h agi wep so they could just make it an automatic process based on your class.Also for those saying "no legendaries for bears because you wouldn't see it", the fire cat staff kind of ruins idea, it would be easy for them to make the legendary change the bear model of that to a bear with large plate armor, or made of rock, or whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by thane View Post
    uh and ferals never get a legendary? cute. why should you get one, no one would see it anyway!
    They would see it on our performance. Tanking & dps'ing, whichever you're going for, it would improve it.

People should start understand that legendary items have a big lore behind them, and that you can't just say let's make a quest and you pick any item you want from the list. If someone has been known to wield a legendary staff, and people get a quest for it to recraft it, it's a big difference changing the powers of the staff depending on the wielder , or just say well for you it will actually be a caster axe, and for the other it was actually a legendary mace. It has nothing to do with not being able to make a quest like that, but with any logic trying to maintain in the game. We are talking legendary's not simple questitems you can pick from a list.

Also for people saying rogues should be somewhere down the list , the legendary wielders from last till rogues :

Mage, Priest, Druid, Warlock, Shaman
    Paladin, Death Knight, Warrior
    Druid, Priest, Paladin, Shaman
    Hunter
    Rogue, Warrior

Meaning all others had their legendary's since.
    If you look like class specs instead, than the common named Enha SHaman and Feral hunter could have used Sulfuras, but an assassination rogue could not have any legendary as a main weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    The problem with a tanking legendary is due to what tanks wear. (2 hander - dk, 1 hander + shield - pally/war, staff/polearm - druids *don't shoot me if this is wrong, i don't tank and it's been a long day ok :P)

So a legendary shield = dks and druids pissed. A polearm/staff = dk/warriors/pallys are pissed, hunters would claim it (tbf hunters would claim anything). Strength anything = druids pissed (even if they can equip it'll go to a pally/warrior). Literally the only option for a tanking legendary is a trinket as all other armor has to have either strength or agility on it. Unless blizz changes it so all tanking classes use a shield then a tanking legendary is pretty hard to work into the game and still please everyone.
    Actually you seem to have forgotten that all tanks can wield either a 1h or 2h mace.

So an easy compromise is a legendary that changes depending on who crafts it or is selectable at the end of a quest chain like Quel'Dalar.

1h tanking mace... Warrior and Pally.
    2h str tanking mace... DK
    2h Agi tanking mace... Ferals

Everybody wins.