Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Tailoring: Frostweave Cloth

Hi there,

I just dinged 85 with my Warlock and now want to push a litte bit my professions.
    As far as I know, the best profession for Casters is still tailoring.

Linen-, Wool-, Silk-, Magewave-, Rune- and Netherweave Cloth are pretty simple to farm as an 85
    but Frostweave Cloth is a pain in the a...
    There is no special place for farming it (yea I know the spot in Icecrown) and you need about 1.500 Frostweave Cloth.

I stored all my Frostweave Cloth I've looted while leveling from 70-80 but it's only about 10 Stacks.
    The Auction House prices for Frostweave Cloth are insane on my server.
    100 gold for 1 Stack and usually there are just 2 or 3 Stacks in the AH.

I think it's time to lower the mats for tailoring from 375-450.
    No one is able to farm this amount of Frostweave Cloth without getting crazy and permanent injuries.

What do you think about this?

Deleted
    I got no crazy and permanent injuries.

Stop slacking and start farming.

The scourge up by the avalanche area of Scholozar Basin have a good drop rate and a great respawn time.

Grind more cloth, if you are a tailor you get a higher % of cloth drops, so if you haven't actually picked up tailoring as a profession yet, you wont have access to that perk.

10+ Year Old Account
    im pretty sure just soloing Wrath normal dungeons will do just fine, just be slow at first to see how fast u can go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the scavenging passive -> get to the spot in Icecrown -> put on music -> Put a single DoT on anything that doesn't have one. Don't move, just DoT. One quick evening, and you're good to go! =D
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

There are only 2 good spots in Wrath.

Wrath dungeons are a waste of time. Sholazar is awful now. There was one good spot in Sholazar by Freya but it got nerfed long ago.

The best spots are both in Icecrown.

Converted Hero - aoe the packs.
    Fallen Hero's Spirit - these mobs run to a certain spawn point just west of the Converted Hero's before they despawn. You can stand there and just shoot them.

Personally i prefer the Converted Hero packs. You won't find a better a place for cloth. It's still annoying to get a lot.

well, okay - nobody is supporting me
    I think you're right... I should stop complaining and start farming with good music and a bottle of w(h)ine

Deleted
    considering ive tailoring on 2 chars and didnt find frostweave bad at all I disagree completely, also its people like you who are keeping my gold rolling in charging 60g per stack of frostweave.i farm 25 stacks per hour while you make posts on mmo-c whining about it being hard to farm.

Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasdaq View Post
    well, okay - nobody is supporting me
    I will... possibly because once you have over 100k gold there is no point to farm the cloth...although 100g a stack is a bit steep...

i also despise farming with a passion...

Oh did they fix the scholozar spot? To the OP if your complaining about leveling the Wrath levels just wait until you have to do 500-525. Everything requires large amounts of volatiles and you don't get any from tailoring.

Deleted
    It is a real pain sometimes to look back on it - if you're actually levelling through northrend you'd probably have found it a lot easier, especially those who levelled (slower) back in wrath days. I personally got enough to level it whilst doing 70-80, but when I went back to do it on a second char at 85, it did feel very daunting at first looking at the amount I needed, but you'll be suprised how quick it does go in the end if you've got some music on or watching a movie or chatting to guildies etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Oh did they fix the scholozar spot? To the OP if your complaining about leveling the Wrath levels just wait until you have to do 500-525. Everything requires large amounts of volatiles and you don't get any from tailoring.
    I don't really care about Embersilk Cloth because it's the current cloth you are getting from questing, heroics, etc.
    For Frostweave Cloth I have to go back to an old area.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never had to go back and farm, and barely touched Icecrown while I leveled. Can you explain where these locations are? Thanks!

Actually--nvm-- the power of actually doing research, LOL-- found it!

Quote Originally Posted by umad View Post

Wrath dungeons are a waste of time. Sholazar is awful now. There was one good spot in Sholazar by Freya but it got nerfed long ago.

Fallen Hero's Spirit - these mobs run to a certain spawn point just west of the Converted Hero's before they despawn. You can stand there and just shoot them.

Personally i prefer the Converted Hero packs. You won't find a better a place for cloth. It's still annoying to get a lot.
    Last edited by Mammabones; 2011-09-02 at 04:48 PM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I got all the cloth required to level tailoring (about 1400 frostweave) in about an hour and 30 mins from the mentioned Converted Hero guys, as long as you have Northrend Cloth Scavenging

Edit, actually I think you need less than 1400 because I still have 55 bolts of frostweave left over
    Last edited by tylenol; 2011-09-03 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by umad View Post

For whatever reason, I'm Blizz nerfed the drop rate on frostweave. Those icecrown mobs used to drop 2-4 cloth each on a pretty regular basis, so farming them wasn't too time consuming. You still get the occasional multiple cloth drop, but 1 is much, much more common than it used to be.

No idea why Blizz did this. If anyone can recall a blue post about it, please link.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been levelling Tailoring on my ~65 Priest. Everything up to Runecloth was cheap and easy to get. Netherweave was a moderate pain. Took a couple of weeks of farming MgT daily to get all I needed. I currently have 26 Frostweave and nearly 2000 Embersilk sitting in a guild bank tab. Sadly I don't have Tailoring on my Mage, else I would just sit in Icecrown for a day aoeing Converted Heroes all day. Probably should, but it will be a bit slower. Normally, I'd just buy the cloth, but 100g a stack on my server can fuck right off.

So the profession levelling should be nerfed because there is no easy spot to farm the materials ?
    Get over yourself and work for it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer farming mats myself, as well. We do, however, need the "lazy" profession levelers-- because they pay us farmers- and we get rich

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    So the profession levelling should be nerfed because there is no easy spot to farm the materials ?
    Get over yourself and work for it.
    [IMG][/IMG]

10+ Year Old Account
    Friends don't let friends farm ~1400 Frostweave cloth. Most painful shit ever. Especially on a ~343 Mage with no NCS perk. Took maybe 6 hours all up. Still don't want to ever have to do it again.