Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool The best money making Professions in WoW?

what are the best money making Professions in WoW because i find that mining and herb is the best money making professions.

it's always been Mining/Herbalism,hasn't it?

Enchanting/Jewelcrafting makes the most possible money. By far.

Mining/Herbing....let the people who bot do that for you...and just buy from them cheap. There isn't any REAL gold making with gathering professions (unless you're able to bot 24/7 like botters do). It's all about being smart with the crafting ones - and it just so happens to be that Enchanting/Jewelcrafting are those 2 perfect money making professions, they go hand in hand with one another.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    not blacksmithing lol I make 4 times as much with my JC than I do with mining. I hear Inscrib does ok too. Too hard to compete with the botters like the guy above me said. So gathering is not as good as it would appear.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    inscription you can sell glyphs for veryhigh prices

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the server. My last server was great for farming, but my current server is poo for it....

Every class can and will use a JC and an Enchanter so it makes sense these are the 2 most profitable.

The greatest money maker in the game is the AH. Play it for huge $$$

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    inscription you can sell glyphs for veryhigh prices
    Just because you can doesn't mean you will and baby sitting glyphs multiple times a day just to sell a few isn't as profitable as other professions like the mentioned JC/enchanting.

Basically try to get as many professions between all your chars as possible. It sounds stupid yes, but that is the way to go. If you had to just have two for one character probably JC and enchanting.

Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    Just because you can doesn't mean you will and baby sitting glyphs multiple times a day just to sell a few isn't as profitable as other professions like the mentioned JC/enchanting.
    This is true of any profession. There are far too many lifers playing the game. I used my guild members to watch for certain names to determine when they were on and not. I wasn't surprised to find out that many played the game eight hours or more a day, what did surprise me were the number of them who regularly were seen across twenty hour periods.

When I was really hitting the AH, this meant two different time periods a day - once when I woke up I would just cancel all and reset and during my playtime in the evening I actually was able to get a few of the lifers into chat. What broke open my profits was getting on their whitelist. Two different people I chatted with only play WOW. One claimed to be handicapped and this was his release (he was managing multiple accounts and as many servers) and the other had nothing better to do.

For every profit making idea you have here or expose here many already have been doing it and many will have one advantage you cannot overcome, time.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say inscription/JC/enchanting...

Cards, gems (and necks/rings for DE) and scrolls/DE'd raw mats...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Herbing and Mining, regardless of what people are saying IS a good money making combo....just not if you farm current ore/herbs. Go back to Northrend zones, and BC zones and farm those materials. People CBA to move from one place to another without portals as it is i reckon...so they just buy up your ore/herbs from the AH. It works well....as on my server I'm selling stacks of fel iron ore (Tonnes in Hellfire Peninsula) for 145g a stack!

Deleted
    Getting multiple xmute masters works aswell, just transmute alot of truegold for a profit.

Deleted
    On my server it goes Inscription (if you're willing to relist at least 3-4 times during peak hours), followed by JC (doesn't require a lot of relisting time so the most time efficient), followed by Alchemy and then Enchanting. It is server dependant but on most servers - for time actually spent playing the game, those 4 will be the most profitable - obviously farming is very profitable too, but it does take the most actual time/work so "profit for minute" isn't necessarily as good as the crafting profs. Overall the "ore shuffle" is the most profitable for most servers.

JC/Enchanting, anyone who is saying otherwise doesnt know key trade secrets. I have easily made hundreds of thousands of gold with little work.

alchemy for sure.

with jc and enchanting close behind. its quiet ridiculous how easy it is to make profit with JC, a lot of small sales add up fast.
    Originally Posted by statlerthegreat
    I don't play a real world simulator. I play World of Warcraft. Where I am a Goblin, named after an explosive, that hurls balls of arcane "fuck you up" at internet dragons/ogres/whateverthehellmaloriakis.

10+ Year Old Account
    how do u guys make gold with alchemy... flasks/elixers/potions dont sell for much on my server and the only gem thats worth crafting is inferno ruby, but it costs 100g to craft on my server when the cut rubys only sell for 100-130g.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    how do u guys make gold with alchemy... flasks/elixers/potions dont sell for much on my server and the only gem thats worth crafting is inferno ruby, but it costs 100g to craft on my server when the cut rubys only sell for 100-130g.
    Transmutes are easy 150-200g each night. There is always someone looking for them each day. Certain flask, such as the tanking ones sell for around 125-150g each on ah. I have seen them go as high as 200g each. And they always sell. Stacks of volatile life also sell quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    herbs/ore are cheap/easy to farm.

it may not look like big gains but it adds up. for example i LOVE ocean saphires and amberjewels, these sell for an average of about 7g on my server. i can cut the saphires into spell pen gems and sell them for ~40g per and amber jewels into mastery and sell for ~35g per....yeah average of around 500% profit is nothing to scoff at.

as for alchemy you can literally make something from nearly every level of alchemy and make money. swiftness pots, healing pots, mana pot, invisibilty pots, deepstone oil, wrath flasks, cata flasks, mastery elixers, resistance elixers, potions of illusion...honestly transmutes make me the least amount of money lol.
    Originally Posted by statlerthegreat
    I don't play a real world simulator. I play World of Warcraft. Where I am a Goblin, named after an explosive, that hurls balls of arcane "fuck you up" at internet dragons/ogres/whateverthehellmaloriakis.

10+ Year Old Account
    well if you say best making, its JC and alch but you have to play the AH for those (buying ores low and selling gems high etc..). Mining and Herb are those profession that are very easy to turn into a profit because there is no gold cost attached to it.
    but right now, i see a lot of people asking for BS in trade chat...

Tailoring and enchanting and running old dungeon with a tank class ...tons of greens and blue's to disenchant and sell for a lot of gold to people leveling enchanting ...the tailoring gets you lots of extra cloth which you make into greens and then disenchant