Going to get the Setup of the month, what should I be concerned about?

I want to build the Doliphin version with the GTX 460.

-what sort of things should I be concerned about?
    -will this last me long?
    -will I need anymore fans for the system?
    -will i need anything other than an OS to boot this system correctly?
    -where can i learn how to put the pieces together without problems (i've never built a PC before)
    -Internet/Wifi?
    -drivers?
    -and finally, how will i deal with getting my hardware fixed if it's faulty?
    Last edited by Gindry; 2011-09-15 at 04:46 AM.

Hmm I think you can build a better one for that price.
    If you got an i3-2100 with an h61/h67 mobo, dropped the cooler, and then got a better gpu.
    To tired to give all the specifics right now though
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You won't need anything other than the OS to boot up, that is kind of its job. Building a PC is pretty straight forward, not sure if there's an online guide but I built one up and it wasn't hard to figure out. Just always use the spaces that comes with the case so your motherboard isn't sitting directly on the metal(I did that and fried the motherboard...)

Internet wise, most if not all motherboards come now with onboard network card so all you need is plug a cable in it and it will work.

As always, never install drivers from the box, always download the newest drivers from each manufacture's site.

As far as faulty hardware, if you order from some place reputable like newegg.com they have a RMA service which is good, you simply ship back the broken hardware(provided you've contacted them first) and they will either refund or exchange the item.

-where can i learn how to put the pieces together without problems (i've never built a PC before)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eck-Here-First
    Newegg TV's How To Build a Computer tutorial: Part 1 , Part 2 , Part 3
    Its really not that hard to be honest but if you need help beyond that google and youtube are your best friends.

-Internet/Wifi?

Not sure what the question is ? The internet is a series of tubes...

-drivers?

For drivers what I do is order all my components and while I'm waiting on them to ship I go to each manufacturers website and download the latest drivers for everything and put them on a usb thumb drive. Make sure the drivers are for the OS you will be using on the new build.

-and finally, how will i deal with getting my hardware fixed if it's faulty?

I can't stress this enough with you being a first time builder, order all of your components at the same time. You generally have a very short time to return something if its DOA,faulty, or damaged right out of the box. Also do your research before ordering on the manufacturers warranties and what they cover and do not cover (overclocking). Other than that pray the manufacturer or place you bought it has great customer service/support
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-in-9.75-Steps that will give you a quick overview of the steps you need to build the computer; it's not as hard as you might think it is
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Sorry guys.. thanks for all the feedback. Love this forum

Sounds good then, I'm going to buy all the parts today.

15+ Year Old Account
    what parts?

we can help you get what you need and sort it from what you don't need. post em up
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right