Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Glitchless Razorgore Solo

Hey there! I usually keep my stuff in the druid forum, but I'm a bit more excited about this one .

Typically, if you want to solo Razorgore (first boss of BWL), you'd need to use the balcony glitch to reset the fight.
    Fortunately, this isn't a necessity for druids!

^ if that's blocked, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSQEOr8EN7I should work.

Glyph of Regrowth is the key here. It allows you to continue building threat on new adds while controlling Razor. Otherwise, all you really do is tank the adds while staying below 50% as best as possible (and, of course, not dying).

Tbh, I'd still recommend grouping for this guy. It's a fairly challenging fight, with a bit of luck thrown in with when he decides to stomp/volley/conflag. I'm just happy to know I can do the whole place, without any form of glitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Hey there! I usually keep my stuff in the druid forum, but I'm a bit more excited about this one .

Typically, if you want to solo Razorgore (first boss of BWL), you'd need to use the balcony glitch to reset the fight.
    Fortunately, this isn't a necessity for druids!

^ if that's blocked, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSQEOr8EN7I should work.

Glyph of Regrowth is the key here. It allows you to continue building threat on new adds while controlling Razor. Otherwise, all you really do is tank the adds while staying below 50% as best as possible (and, of course, not dying).

Tbh, I'd still recommend grouping for this guy. It's a fairly challenging fight, with a bit of luck thrown in with when he decides to stomp/volley/conflag. I'm just happy to know I can do the whole place, without any form of glitch!
    That solution is brilliant, seriously, grats for that especially and grats on the solo as a whole. I love seeing crazy stuff like that.

genius :P grats
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Deleted
    Heh.
    I really like people that try out stuff like this, especially if it results in something like that.
    /bow

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm Impressed OP, I give you my congrats and I'm going to try it myself later

Thanks for the video!

Deleted
    FANTASTIC!
    CONGRATULATIONS!

I tried something similar using Nature's Ward, but that requires to be in resto spec, which clearly doesn't help with surviving and lacks the threat multiplier.

Did you wear some intellect gear instead of agility gear? If so how much intellect did you find necessary?

Possible to upload it somewhere else (vimeo, wcm) since the bullshit music restrictions in germany And cba to search for a fast USA proxy just to watch the vid.
    Last edited by bondgirl; 2011-09-15 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    Possible to upload it somewhere else (vimeo, wcm) since the bullshit music restrictions in germany And cba to search for a fast USA proxy just to watch the vid.
    watch nosound vid below the regular one
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

@Lolisa: I'm guessing he has the agility--> healing SP talent

Deleted
    Very nicely done! Grats! Been dying to farm this place on my warrior, getting someone to help with this boss is a pain in the @ss!

Quote Originally Posted by adnre View Post
    watch nosound vid below the regular one
    Oh didnt saw the link. Thanks mate.

@ Topic: Clever use of game mechanics. Thumbs up mate. Impressive

clever use of mechanics sir, i salute you for finding an alternative method

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh i was strugling on this fight with 2 ppl.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Gratz!

I've been thinking about doing something similar with my shammy, but since i got a IRL friend that wants to farm the place too, we duo it. I get healing aggro on myself, keep myself up, if razorgore is damaged i can simply heal him myself. My friend just has to break all the eggs harmlessly meanwhile.

Deleted
    Uh right, I guess that's best, along with swapping to a spellpower weapon (I think he swaps weapons at some point in the fight).

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely brilliant, well done. I am officially impressed!

How did you avoid knockback on the channel cast? You only seem to get knock backed once per cast.

To answer a couple of questions:
    I do use a bit of caster gear, but the only reason for that is JC gems. I have one in my staff, so I have to switch some other gear around to put it on. I think I ended up around 8-8.5k healing power, leading to a (lol) 700 healing regrowth HoT. I do have the Agi->sp talent, that thing's amazing for almost any kind of solo.
    Cast knockback on the channel is limited to two knockbacks, each a quarter of the duration. Since I have so much stuff hitting me, it happens pretty much instantly and looks like 1 knockback. Overall this leads to a 45 second cast with a minute debuff, so 15 seconds each time to clear out adds/kite razor. This is really the hard part, since he likes to use AOEs during that time, and if you don't manage to clear enough adds/heal up enough, you can't do the full 45 second channel and have to kite him longer.
    Lastly, thanks for the kind words y'all! If you're interested in seeing what else myself and other druids are doing, visit the druid forums , I'll probably only post new and exciting stuff here.

I applaud your effort.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by Softique View Post
    Absolutely brilliant, well done. I am officially impressed!
    What is your avatar from?

OP: Grats on this, I would never have thought to do that in a million years...